Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Oh, Sorry, I Appear To Be In Your Bed (DarkAssassin)

Started by Brisinger987, July 20, 2014, 04:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Janette had been travelling for four weeks, using what little she had in the way of her skills to try and get by, be it by taking jobs for nobles or by hunting fish and small animals for food. Megraph was well fed, but Janette was weary, and her form was beginning to falter.

With Grazen, she had been alright, and the two had gotten by quite well, but right now, she was alone, having lost him following a skirmish with some bandits who desired her as a trophy slave.

As she looked upon the town of La'marri, she decided not to enter it in a normal fashion. She would sneak into the unguarded town.

She retreated back down the road, and snuck on the back of a trading caravan, before jumping off in the town. She looked around, and realised that is was beginning to get dark already, and made the penultimate decision that she couldn't care less if she ended up in prison for trespassing. She'd been in prison once before after all.

She still had to search for a suitable house to invade, and once she had picked one, the sun had set and the moon had begun to rise.

Jumping the back fence of a rather average house, she began to pick the lock with her left over lock-picks, and slowly opened the door. As she entered, she saw that lights were still on, and instantly, she tried to shut the door as quietly as possible, deciding to take the window approach, clambering the cobblestones of the house, and reaching the window that had been above her.

She forced the window open, the cracking of the wood a bit too loud for her liking. But still, she climbed through, and found herself in what looked like the guest bedroom.

"Well, the guest bedroom is always nicer than the master bedroom." She spoke quietly to Megraph, before shutting the door to the room, and blowing the hallway lanterns out, making herself comfortable.

"Goodnight Megraph. Stay." She shut her eyes, beginning to feel a sense of security in the warm bed. She could hide and steal food in the morning.

DarkAssassin

Kay was meditating in the main room of the house below when he heard a crack from upstairs. He opened his eyes at once. He was rather glad for the distraction. Meditating really wasn't his favourite thing in the world, but it did seem to have some positive effect on his mental powers.

Nevertheless, he was curious as to what had caused the cracking noise. Getting to his feet, he crept over to the staircase that led upwards, pausing there for a moment. What if it was an animal? Or something worse? Taking a deep breath, Kay shook the thoughts off and began to ascend.

Reaching the doorway of the guest bedroom (the only room upstairs besides a small bathroom), he turned the knob as silently as possible and peeked into the room. The bed appeared to be lumpy.

"Hello?" he called out rather softly.

Brisinger987

Janette's body simply refused to awaken, but instead, Megraph awoke, the giant snake hissing as it heard this new voice, and raising to defend it's master.

It's bright blue eyes glowed in the darkness, and they swayed, as a breeze joined the hissing, entering through the now cracked window frame, and it made the floating blue eyes seem all the more eerie. Megraph was only alerted however, and after many meals, was in no mood to bite and kill, merely warn Janette of oncoming danger.

But Janette's lack of sleep the previous night meant that now, she wasn't going to wake. Not without something loud and/or violent.

((OOC: Sorry, short ass postie))

DarkAssassin

Kay took a step back at the sight of the snake's eyes, swallowing once and gripping the sides of the doorway. He paused, holding his breath, waiting to see if the creature would strike. When it did not, he relaxed slightly and exhaled.

"Someone is in there with you, isn't there?" he asked quietly.

Looking directly back into the snake's eyes, Kay asked it a question, or rather, projected a command into the thing's mind. Wake her. His gaze narrowed as he focused.

Brisinger987

The snake blinked, clearly struggling with the command, before finally obeying.

It crept up to Janette's ear, and paused for a second, before it hissed loudly into her ear.

Janette awoke with a start, and leapt up, drawing her knife to fight any and all threats.

Then the sheets keeping her decent fell off, and she screamed, clutching at them wildly.

"Don't look you creep!"

DarkAssassin

Satisfied with the snake's actions, Kay folded his arms and furrowed his brow as the woman screamed. He stood silent for a moment to let the sleep clear from her head.

"Don't look? At what? My bed? My guest room? My broken window?" Kay stared at her, clearly agitated but not angry. Deep inside he felt a small tinge of concern. This woman looked odd. Like no one he'd ever seen. But it didn't matter.

"Why are you here?" he asked quietly.

Brisinger987

"At me, smartass!" She shouted back at him, clearly more agitated than him.

"I was here, um, hiding. From the guys who, uh, chased me... Yeah." Her eyes opened fully, revealing the deathly red left eye she had. It actually glowed, the impurities in the Demons Tears casting a red glow over the room.

"I don't care about your damn bedroom. Megraph, kill." She barked at the snake, who began slithering towards Kay.

DarkAssassin

Kay gazed at the women steadily as she yelled, slightly perturbed by the red left eye. But he made sure he didn't back down, his own blue eyes holding firm.

"No you weren't," he said. "No one chased you. You're lying."

His eyes flitted to the snake again at the command, watching it begin to move towards him. He felt a shiver run down his spine, but he made no movement. It wasn't time yet. He looked back up at the woman. "In my own home?" he whispered.

Brisinger987

"Sorry, buddy, you're a witness. I don't feel like going to jail today." She lied more. It was easier for Grazen to find her if she left a trail of kills using Megraph. It was distinct and all that was needed was a pattern he could predict.

Megraph rose just in front of Kay, hissing loudly.

"It's a shame that you are a problem. You're rather familiar looking."

DarkAssassin

"Grazen, huh?" The name rolled off Kay's tongue in a strange way. "How much lying are you going to do?" He looked past the snake to her, his eyes reprimanding.

Glancing at the snake and then back to the woman, Kay's expression suddenly turned to one of slight confusion. "I ... look familiar?"

Then, as if the hissing had interrupted him for the first time, Kay glared at the snake and thought loudly, BE QUIET! He sent the command powerfully this time, much stronger than before, his annoyance growing.

Brisinger987

Janette watched as Megraph went quiet, and worried.

"Megraph! Enough. What do you want then?" Janette stood up, holding the blanket over her bare body.

"What do I need to do to stay then?" She stared at him, casting a red glow over the room.

DarkAssassin

Kay's eyes moved back from the now silent snake to the woman. He frowned at her.

"What do I want? I want to be left in peace," he sighed. He looked back at her, meeting the red gaze firmly. "Why do you want to stay here? Or rather, why do you need to stay here?" Kay knew better than to assume a straightforward answer from someone like this.

Brisinger987

"Cause I have guards trying to find me for something I didn't do." She lied again, not quite registering his speed at determining her lies.

"Besides, I'm a good girl, I'll pull my weight and I might give you some fun with me." That was the first truth that had come out of her mouth so far. She would do whatever she needed to stay.

"Do we have a deal, mister....?" She waited for the introduction and as she did, Megraph startled and ate an invisible mouse while making his way back to Janette.

DarkAssassin

"Kay. Kay Argall." He paused and glanced at the snake's strange jerky-jerky movement to catch the invisible mouse. "I don't want fun time with someone I hardly know." He frowned again. "Besides, almost everything you've told me is a lie. You're simply doing all you can do survive at the moment. There are no guards ... If there were, I would've felt them when they came within a hundred feet of here."

Kay entered the room finally, not turning on any lights but standing tall in the shadows. He folded his arms. "Look, obviously what I prefer is not going to happen here ... Even though I believe it would be for your benefit as well as mine. But you don't have to lie. I won't kick you out or call someone to take you away." He gazed at her sombrely. "But I'd like you to tell me the truth more often."

Brisinger987

"Kay Argall..." Janette tried to process the name, to see if it was familiar. When she realised she had once known a boy by that name, she nearly screamed.

"Are you the same Kay Argall I used to know, or are you a different man entirely I wonder..." She muttered to herself.

"Janette Treyburn. Nice to meet you." She spoke calmly, making Megraph back off, and for a second, her mind touched his inside Megraph's head, and she realised he was using telepathy.

"Telepathy is a wonderful ability isn't it?" She stated, letting Megraph obey his own instincts now.

DarkAssassin

Kay's eyes widened at the mention of the name. "You know another Kay Argall?" he spoke rapidly. "Where was he from? How did you meet him? Is he still alive?"

Even as he asked the questions, he felt a disturbance inside the snake's head, quickly retreating and looking Janette square in the eyes. "What was ..." his voice trailed off, and he almost started at her comment. "You know I have telepathy ...?"

Brisinger987

"I used to. Used to know a boy by that name when I was younger. I don't know whether he's alive. Part of me wonders if you two are one and the same." Janette began putting clothes on, until she was fully dressed.

"And if you had stayed in my pet's head much longer, you'd know I have extremely limited telepathy. Only with Megraph of course." She spoke, stepping towards him.

"Are you from Uthlyn?"

DarkAssassin

"Odd," Kay mumbled, shaking his head in an attempt to clear it.

He glanced away as Janette dressed herself, thinking about what she had said and then looking up at her once she was done. "I didn't know there was such a thing as ... limited telepathy."

He shook his head at her question. "No. Reajh."

Brisinger987

"I'm only telepathic with anything that touches my mind or Megraph's. Really, it's just Megraph." Janette decided to leave out the other details of her powers as a test to see whether it was a bluff, or if he really was a true telepath. He'd know she had other powers if he could read her mind.

"My family spend a lot of time in Reajh. I'm born of nobility." She stated. She was sure it was him. Sure of it. The more he spoke, the more familiar she felt with him.

"And besides. I've met a lot of people I shouldn't have."