Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Monster that Shouldn't Be [OPEN]

Started by Ignis Unis, August 11, 2014, 06:04:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

The geyser hit The Watcher, and he felt the hot molten rock sear his flesh, and he instantly retreated to his home realm.

It had been a chance hit, not aimed at him, not designed for him, but certainly painful and damaging.

As the Darkness healed The Watcher, he considered his options. He could go back there, lasers blazing and hope he incinerated them all, or he could summon K'hoth. Or he could summon the Nervana if necessary. Or even older friends.

As he debated, he decided he needed the ferocity that only an ancient like K'hoth could provide, and summoned the beast to the void.

Immediately, the Darkness took hold of K'hoth, imbuing him with the power and invincibility of the Void itself, and the two returned to the Meeting Place, entering in a blaze of beams and bolts of Darkness flying everywhere.

K'hoth flew forward at blinding speed, his wings carrying him faster than most beings could ever dream of moving, as he dove at Azael.

"DIE!"

Malakath Grimm

Azael frowned as this large beast emerged, he was brave but he wasn't stupid, 3 demons at once, not today. He smiled as his spear returned to him an he opened a portal away from here, hopping through it with a sigh at how quickly things got out of control.

All was not over however as almost as soon as he left, a portal opened next to the watcher and not Azael emerged, but from the fiery tear emerged a dark figure, Azerius the Harbinger arose in his weakest form as he looked around at everyone and sniffed "I thought I saw an angel come down here? But now I find out that instead there is just a bunch if greater demons, pity", Azerius pretty nonchalantly walked around, observing each of them intently before saying slowly "Names ... Details ... Each of you ... Go"

Ignis Unis

Soranteaga halted, quite confused. He slowly shrank down to normal size, head tilted to the side. "Wait, so, what exactly just happened?" He said, eyes glancing over all the destruction that was caused and all the newcomers. His lava geyser in particular had created a huge crater and roasted a large portion of the forest, but he shrugged that off for now, as he briefly registered Azerius and K'hoth. He carefully dispersed his Shadow Hands, still clearly unsure of what exactly had just transpired.

Brisinger987

"Welll...." K'hoth darted up to Soranteaga, and began to inspect, using every sense he had to analyse the being. "I just scared off an Angel for you... And with that, sayonara, as an old culture used to say." K'hoth took flight, leaving The Watcher with the two other demons, and the knight.

"I am The Watcher, I hail thine world from the Void. I am a manifestation of the curiosity of the Void, and the Darkness which flows there. And I dare say, I might be the most powerful being here." The Watcher's voice carried the confidence of something tha had immense power, and his physical appearance contradicted him for a second, flickering.

Malakath Grimm

Azerius grinned and spoke in a regular tone while the demon K'hoth was taking off, everyone except Khoth would hear him say "I suggest you stay, what I'm about to propose concerns you". To K'hoth however, the words would ring in his ears in about 4 different tones and overlying it in the same words but in the language if the demons "E zirryzs uai zsou, qwos E't oxais sa hlahazy pafpylfz uai".

Azerius didn't enjoy ignorance, but he hoped for this big demons sake that he'd return as he spoke to the watcher "Greetings Watcher, how do you fare, now if you don't mind bringing back that K'hoth if he doesn't come back of his own volition, I'd really hate to kill one of my own you see and I have an oppertunity he may be interested in, as well as you." On this note he'd spin to the warlock and say "This concerns you too sir, now listen closely. I'm thinking that we demons who are being hunted and killed so often should pool together and make a coherent... Collection of our own kind"

Gaius The Solemn

This is not what Gaius wanted to happen. It was supposed to be a quick meal, not a get-together-of-super-creatures. He put both his hands behind his helmet and pivoted on his heel and started walking in the opposite direction. It's not like he was this super powerful person. He just doesn't die... ever.

In a bored tone he blurted out, "yeah, well, no. I don't feeeeeel like it. I can manage pretty well on my own. Also, was I called a demon at any point? Because I'm not. I don't actually have anything to do with this. I was just going to be the fly that eats the corpse of the loser."

A few thoughts crawled through his head on whether or not he might get impaled right now, but if he did, well, maybe they'd just throw him farther away.

Ignis Unis

Suddenly, a sickening crack emitted from Soranteaga's neck, as he swapped back to his cheery self. "Well, that happened! Also, I'm still confused," he said, straightening his head.

Upon hearing Azerius speak, he said, "Excuse me, do you think I'm just a run-o'-the-mill demon? Well, I'll have you know that that is exactly NOT what i am, silly!~" He said, bobbing up and down in the air. "For your information, I happen to be an Ancient Demon, so therefore, I am better than you normal demons!~" He said in his usual singsong voice.

thehiddenbeast13

Hano cautiously stepped into the meeting place to browse through the merchants, but what the young mage saw got him by complete surprise. He could see a flaming geyser pouring lave and ashes all across the forest. Hano quickly opened up the shade on his blade and began to slowly approach the geyser. The ashed landed atop of the shade of his oddly shaped blade, but didn't burn through it. He slowly continued to walk through the ash and finally caught a glimpse at something,
"A demon?" Hano thought to himself.
Hano quickly took a few steps back, but making sure he stayed under his shade and yelled,
"Are you the one responsible for this monstrosity!?"

Gaius The Solemn

He stopped in his tracks and then sighed. Gaius had to take a moment to take in the stupidity he was hearing. He clapped his hand onto his helmet and pivoted around on his heels, "Ya see, that's where you're mistaken, I'm not a demon, whatsoever. I am, just, Gaius. Just me, my books, and a good bite to eat every now and then." His voice seemed to be growing irritated and gravels the longer he spoke.

He then turned his attention to the next newcomer, "Well, a lot of things happened, a damned Blitzkrieg between powerful creatures and I thought one was near death, so I showed up. turns out I was wrong and well, this happened.." He gestured at the people around, "But a better question is... who in the right mind would walk into this?"

thehiddenbeast13

Hano could see the gyeser slower dying down and carefully closed the shade on his blade and said,
"My apologizes.."
He continued to look at some of the forest still ablaze and those few merchants trying to put it out. He cautiously said to himself,
"Why here..."
Hano turned back to Gaius and said,
"Hano Gosset at your service."
He bowed in his usual way like he would when he was in his armor. He stood back up tall and said,
"I can't really think of any reasons why they'd fight in the middle of the meeting place..."

Gaius The Solemn

He clapped a hand onto Hano's shoulder, his metabolism stopped long ago so no heat comes from Gaius leaving his touch ice cold.

He laughed out his response, "Why?" he paused for dramatic effect, "Why, why, why do people do anything? The meeting place is just as good as anywhere else to spar. Even if it is between powers much higher than our own." His voice picked up speed as he spoke and seemed to have slipped into an evil growl instead of his previous, natural sounding voice.

He then craned his head around to look at the conglomerate that lay before them. Burned holes in the ground, ripped up land from blasts much too large for single combatant fighting, a fool, an angel, and a entity that wants to "analyze" them. Nope, not his cuppa tea. He released his grip on Hano's shoulder and started walking again, "I'd get out of heeere if I was yoou."

thehiddenbeast13

When Gaius clamped his hand over Hano's shoulder he felt like he was going to be sick. When he heard him say he should leave Hano replied,
"I think I'll stay for a moment..."
He opened up the shade on his blade and started to walk through the crowd with the parasol like weapon through the meeting place. Hano cautiously walked to the corner of the Connlaoth side of the meeting place and dug his blade into the ground and aimed his hand directly into the sky. He shoot out a large fire tear that tore through the sky like a flare and blew up moments later in the sky. Hano muttered to himself,
"I hope they saw that..."

Ignis Unis

Sure enough, the fire caught Warlock-Guy's eye, and he turned to look at it. "Ooh!~ Are we playing with fire some more? I love playing with fire!" He giggled, conjuring his Shadow Hands and forming a fireball in each one.

He combined them together, and lobbed the resulting massive fireball into the sky. It sailed through the air, before exploding into hundreds of smaller fireballs that rained down like hail upon the meeting place, crashing into trees and causing wildfires. "Ah, the sweet smell of burning wood...~" He mused, inhaling deeply.