Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Late Night Escapades (Deli) [M]

Started by CalamityMei, August 20, 2014, 02:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalamityMei

It took her a moment to register everything, the tension for her answer hanging in the air. She fidgeted slightly in front of Atreus, her nervous nature foreign to her. Why was she nervous? She never was nervous in front of patrons. Then it clicked, she wasn't Bella here she was Shiya.

Her mind raced as she realized today couldn't go on anymore, she wasn't allowed to make friendships or relationships, she had to leave, forget tonight and return to work where she could please men in the best way she knew possible.

"Thank you for tonight, Atreus." She grabbed her dress and made for the door.

Delentus

It took him just a couple moments just to realize what was going on, and before he realized what he was doing he was gently holding onto her arm.

"Wait for just a moment, please. If you feel uncomfortable telling me whatever this is, maybe I can make it easier by sharing something with you first." he told her, showing her the palms of his hands again. "Now these aren't the only ones, but they are best example so to speak. I was on my way back from a trip to Hyoite, I have a colleague there, and on my way back through Connlaoth I was stopped by some Mordecai. It just so happened to be that I exited out of a teleport right in the middle of a group of them, and we all know the stories of those individuals and I'm afraid I can confirm them. Although in retrospect, I have to say I got the best possible outcome out of a shortly lived torture session."

CalamityMei

The gentle grip on her arm seized her and she looked helplessly into his eyes. She knew she shouldn't stay a moment longer, everything told her to open the door and just run, run back to The Randy Peach, run back to the rooms that were too big and fancy for their own good.

But she didn't.

She listened to him intently, her eyes tender, her ears concentrated on every word that slipped past his lips. Maybe it was the look that was awash his face or maybe it was that she could relate to some degree. She took his hands and squeezed them gently in reassurance, looking up at him in earnest.

"Atreus...I'm not a Bard." Her response was breathless, her eyes now averted to the floor, staring at the cracks between floorboards. She breathed in deeply, readying herself, telling someone wasn't knew, many men knew what she was but why was it so difficult all of a sudden. She could leave right now, forget about it, he would never find her anyways even if he decided to come to the brothel. There were many women there, many more prettier and alluring.

She was speechless now, her mouth dry, the words stuck in her throat.

Delentus

He just stood there, waiting for her to say something. But after a few moments of the continued awkward silence he did the only thing he could think of doing, and embraced her into a hug. Gently patting Bella's shoulder as he did so.

"It's fine if you don't want to say it, we can just leave it be and come back to it later. Or maybe not at all, it doesn't matter." he said to her, trying to be as soothing as he could be. Which wasn't that well given he was not entirely sure what exactly he was trying to accomplish in the first place.

CalamityMei

The embrace was a surprise, a pleasant one. The warmth emanating from him made it soothing and comfortable, her eyes heavy lidded as she accepted the hug.

"It's more complicated than that." She muffled into his shoulder, her voice meek.

She stepped back, a small smile across her face. New-found determination rose up from within her, her posture jagged and tense. "I work primarily at night..." Her voice had a hint of shakiness to it, her eyes trying to hard to focus on Atreus' face, but ducking to the floor every now and then.

It was then that it clicked. Bella was never excellent at explaining herself, more so she was a show and tell type person, but in these circumstances that was impossible. Her mind buzzed with thoughts that could make her more at ease, the fact was she wanted to tell him, she did, but the question that came next totally contradicted her current thoughts.

"Have you ever been to a brothel?"

Delentus

He just stood there, completely dumbfounded. Wondering why exactly did she just ask him if he had ever been to a brothel. "Uhh n-no, I've never been to a brothel before." he said, still pretty confused about why she asked him that.

But after a few minutes that confusion turned into curiosity. "Why are you asking if I've been in a brothel?" he asked, not putting the two together. "Seems like a fairly strange thing to ask someone."

CalamityMei

His reply spoke volumes to her, and it was all she needed to end the night here. He was too nice to be dragged down by her. She gave one last parting smile, the small hint of sadness behind it as she forced herself to now move.

"Goodbye Atreus." She left the room abruptly, walking briskly down the stairs of the bar, her eyes fixated at the floor until she finally reached the bar giant door. She couldn't help herself, she turned to look back, only for a second before her hands grasped the handle and exited the bar into the bustling night.

Delentus

He was hurt by the sudden departure, which was strange to him, until he realized he was starting to enjoy her presence. And it was at that moment he decided to say to hell with his nature, and went down the stairs after her, getting half way across the main room as Bella was opening the door. So Atreus decided to activate the ring that could cause people to float and used it on her as she was just a few steps out into the streets, going to her before the enchantment wore off.

"Okay now I don't know what you think is so bad that it makes you run away, but I can assure you that it will not be the most horrifying thing I have ever heard." he bluntly said to her, arms crossed across his chest. All the while wondering why this was such a big deal to him, but going through with it since there was no turning back now.

CalamityMei

She was shocked at his approach, her heart hammered in her chest from the brisk pace she had set herself. He was serious now, not the happy go lucky Atreus she had met originally, no this was different, he was really serious about this.

"Just forget about me, please, you'll regret it otherwise." Her voice was firm now, someone could mistake it for anger, but she made sure to offer the smallest traces of a smile afterwards.

She held onto her dress tightly, her chest heaving gently as her breath returned to normal, her eyes now looking into Atreus'. It was then she realized that perhaps the only way for him to forget, was for him to know, to be drawn away from her. She breathed in and held it, her mind dizzying as her thoughts clouded her. It was what she said next that could impact incredibly on the whole situation.

"I'm a whore."

Delentus

He stood there for a few moments just staring at her, trying to discern if she was telling the truth or just coming up with some sort of excuse. But then it all clicked, the question about the brothel finally made sense to him and he knew she was telling the truth.

It was then that something he knew she wasn't expecting would happen, did happen. He started to laugh. "That's it? Really? Here I was expecting something at least a little bit more exotic." he said jokingly as he looped his arm around hers and started to walk down the street with her. "Although in all honesty, that isn't the worst thing I've heard. I once met a former colleague who ended up being a crazed cultist looking to use me for a sacrifice. That was rather unpleasant."

CalamityMei

Everything blurred then, his response was so unexpected she felt herself go slightly nauseous after all the worrying. The relief that swept over was climatic and even though she didn't here what Atreus said afterwards, the reaction to her confession kept repeating in her head.

"You know, I must return to work soon." She looked down at the floor, enjoying this evening knowing full well she was Shiya tonight, innocent and fun, nothing like the Bella she would be the moment she set back into the whorehouse.

"I probably won't see you again for a while." She rarely stepped outside of the brothel, it catered for all her needs and although she worked strictly at night, there were those that requested to see her in the day; if the price was right. The only way he'd be able to see her sooner was if he was a paying customer, but she soon dismissed the thought from her head.

They were now coming back towards The Randy Peach, a couple of men slipping in through the door, their pockets full with coin. Sighing she turned to Atreus, her face a wash of relief. "Thank you." The gratitude behind it was grand, if only he knew by how much.

Delentus

"I don't mind I'm usually having to do something anyway, but if you do have free time maybe we could spend another evening walking around and talking." he said as they made it back to The Randy Peach, just offering a nod to her thanks.

"Until next time m'lady." he said with a grand bow and brought her hand up to his face and kissed it. Then he proceeded to walk down to the street to his own abode, but that ended abruptly as he quickly turned around and head back the way they came.

"I forgot my bag at the tavern!" he said to her as he ran back, hoping it was still there. And laughing at himself for letting all this happen.

CalamityMei

The kiss was of course, nothing she hadn't experienced before, but perhaps it was the gentleness behind it that caused her cheeks to heat ever so slightly. She smiled back at him before he headed off, a small aching feeling spreading throughout her body.

She was about to head in when she heard him shout, quickly peering back out she shouted back.

"Should I come with you!?" She spoke through small bursts of laughter.

Delentus

He stopped just for a moment to consider it, then turned back to smile at her.

"Why not? It's always nice to have company." he said to her, walking back to meet her. Then continued on back towards The Giggling Thief, but only in a brisk walk.

"You aren't what I would expect for a courtesan you know." he remarked to her as they entered the tavern with a teasing smile. "And I say that because first I'd expect one to not be as ashamed of their profession. Then secondly, well you just don't seem like someone who would work like that. Not that I'm judging you any of course."

CalamityMei

She beamed, and quickly ran to catch him up, careful not to trip on her dress. She stood close to him, feeling at ease as they continued to walk.

His questions were obvious, she wasn't at all like most of the Courtesans. A lot of them simply did their job because they loved pleasure, or because they had no other choice. Bella's was more of the latter, she needed money and now she couldn't escape the business. She wouldn't be lying if a part of her did enjoy the sex involved, but the majority was more for need than want.

"That, you see, I've not really been a Courtesan for very long, perhaps a year or so. I don't draw in a lot of patrons compared to the other girls, but because I have fairer rates the men who can't afford the other girls go for the next best thing: me." She realized she was rambling, and turned her head away quickly pointing to the tavern.

"Hey look, we're here. Lets find your bag." She rushed ahead slightly.

Delentus

"Is that so? Well if I may be so bold, I would be quite the regular. If things weren't quite the way they are of course, uhh not meaning that things can't-actually nevermind it isn't important." he said with as real of a laugh as he could manage to her as they headed back up the stairs. He hoped he did well enough to make it seem like it was just a joke that went wrong, since he didn't want to make things to awkward between them.

It was at that time though that they made it back to the room, and it seemed like the world just wanted to dampen his spirits. The bag was nowhere to be found in the room. "Oh just wonderful..." he mumbled to himself, sitting down in the chair with his face in his hands.

CalamityMei

She couldn't help the little laugh that followed and the small heat rising to her cheeks again ever so slightly.

"You couldn't handle it." She teased him, trying to make him feel at ease that she wasn't perturbed by comments like that, no matter how awkward he thought they were. She cocked her eyebrow and gave a small wink, slapping him playfully on the arm and laughing a little bit more.

Once they reached the room and the bag was no where in sight, she quickly scanned everywhere. Looking under the bed, under the covers, everywhere it could have fit or gone. She went over to Atreus and knelt down to his level.

"Hey, we'll get it. Did it have anything of value in there?"

Delentus

"It's only valuable if you understand the book I had. And if you did well, yes it is quite valuable indeed." he said trying to calm down. "Luckily enough for us, I highly doubt that the person who took the bag has any knowledge about the language of an extinct race of elves. So at least we have that going for us."

As he looked up, a grin widened across his face as something just clicked in his mind. "I thought you had to get back to work, why did you decide to come along with me?" he asked with a sly grin, thinking he just stumbled across something. "Decide that spending more time with me would be more interesting?"

CalamityMei

She nodded, patting his shoulder. "It's fine we'll find it somehow." She tried to reassure him, racking her brain of where it could have gone or who could have taken it.

At his question she let out and inaudible 'Huh?' her eyes wide with realization. Why had she come with him? "I can leave if you want?" She teased, and smirked as she gave the room another once over, double checking for the book.

"I'm sorry that I have too much of your attention." She winked and quickly gestured to leaving the room.

"It might be worth asking some people in the tavern f they saw anyone."

Delentus

"We might as well, it's not like it will hurt us to ask." he said as he followed her out of the room.

"Oh and you do have to much of my attention, but I think it's more of a bad thing for you and not me." he said with a chuckle. Asking patrons who weren't in larger groups, leaving that to Bella. But unfortunately he had no luck finding anyone who knew where his bag was, so he went to look for her to see if she had any luck.

Tags: