Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Cantaloupe (Zandor)

Started by Grayson, September 09, 2014, 10:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grayson

Makalo walked through the streets of Jin'ta. He could not help but feel displaced and amazed by the wide array of people that flocked here from all over. As these strangers from strange lands milled about tending to whatever business might have brought them here, Makalo began thinking of the circumstances that had lead to his arrival to such a chaotic place.

It had all truly began, he supposed, when his wife had sent him to the market to buy her some fruit. "Oh and cantaloupe I really want cantaloupe!" She had been like this for the past two months sending him to the market at least once a day for this or that or whatever she may be craving for. but what else was to be expected from a woman who was six months pregnant? So he went to the market.

He approached the fruit stand he usually visited and bowed to the vendor, a man named Ano, who bowed back with a grim look on his face. "How have you been Ano?" He asked worried for the man

"Oh fine, fine. Except my main supplier pulled out and now I've nearly exhausted my reserves." He said this with an almost forced amount of self pity.

"I'm sorry to hear that if there is anything I could do to hel-"

"Actually I was supposed to meet with a new supplier but I just can't make the time. If you could make the meeting in my stead then that would be perfect!"

"...well I really should get these cantaloupes back to my wife right n-"

"Then we are decided I'll get these back to your home and you can leave now! The meeting is in Jin'ta with a man named Oran Go'Kash! don't worry I already have it all worked out all you need to do is deliver him this package he will be expecting you at the north dock three days from now here wear this hat and he'll know just who you are!" He shoved a parcel the size of a small book and a green old hat into his hands before he could say another word "now I'll get these to your house and explain to Keone the situation your going to want and leave now if your going to make it in time!"

And that is how he had found him self wandering the streets of the largest port in Thanatol in a tattered green hat hoping to be spotted soon so as to put his mind at rest from all this excitement and return to his small village. Now if only he knew what kind of person he was looking for.

Zandor

Oran paced the port with slumped shoulder and a shaking head. The lack of subtlety this mission entailed was unfathomable, especially when the illegalities involved were considered. Yet he was an experienced law breaker, and even if worst came to worst he felt that speed and strength would once again prove his savior in an escape. With a shrug, he completed his exodus to the marketplace, assuming a vantage point next to a bar.

Bad green hat. He repeated to himself. The broker is in a bad green hat! What did that mean? His employers provided no further elaboration, which lead him to believe that they were either exceedingly bad at their jobs, or the hat was bad enough to justify such a simplistic description. Once again, he shrugged. Any excuse to abandon employ in Thanatos would sate Oran, for he hated the place. A xenophobic island was no place for a racially sensitive Half-Orc, and he knew this. Yet his drive for gain and exploration pulled him there. Perhaps, he thought, so did a healthy dose of stupidity.

He stood for a good spell, and grew gradually disheartened. Just as he began to believe that the mission truly had soured, he saw it. A hat so putrid in its shameless, tattered greenness he felt the need to congratulate anyone wearing something different on their head, but he also wanted to wear it. Oran strode to Makalo - who noted his approach immediately - and gripped his shoulders. "Two things," he began, "one, did Ano send you? Two, do you want that hat?"

Grayson

How was anyone supposed to find him in such a crowded place. Then he saw him cutting through the crowd, a hulking figure more terrifying then anything he had ever seen in his small village. For a moment he thought to flee but it would be pointless the crowd parted easily were as Makalo could hardly manege to walk with the flow without being jostled to the side. Suddenly he was upon him. His strong hands grasped his shoulders and they locked eyes. Makalo began to doubt he would ever see his child enter into this life.

He spoke. What had he said Ano? The hat? Of course this must be the supplier. Relieve flooded through his body and a grin bloomed across his face. Buy why would anyone want this hat? Perhaps it was a custom he was unaware of for mainlanders to exchange hats before discussing business. So to avoid looking rude he quickly bowed as low as he could manage and presented him with the hat. "It is yours should you wish to take it. You must be Sir Go'Kash" he rarely spoke in the common tongue and this came out in a very thick accent that was just understandable.

Zandor

"Sir Go'Kash? No, friend, my name is Oran Go'Kash, common misconception. Anyway, yes, thank you for the hat." Oran scooped up the hat and placed it on his head. The fit was awkward. Unfortunately, it was too small, and sat on Oran's dreadlocks like a genetically unfortunate gargoyle. "Now, follow me, I shall try and conduct business with all possible haste!" Beginning to walk into the crowd, Oran gestured for Makalo to follow.

Grayson

Makalo was fortunate to be tall for his race if not he would likely have lost Oran and never found his was out. But fortunately as things stood he could could keep his eyes glued to Oran as they moved quickly through past the docks. It all seemed very formal to him for a simple fruit trade but mainlanders had funny ways of conducting them selves wishing to be called by their first names by strangers for example. Makalo was not sure how he felt being on such intimate terms with almost anyone let alone a man he just met but he would try in an attempt to create friendly relations for Ano's sake.

" I am referred to as Makalo. You are met friend." He struggled to say the last part unsure if he was being to personal or formal. He didn't wish to upset the deal he was supposed to be insuring.