Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sand in all the wrong places. [Globster!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 18, 2014, 01:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Scarab was all ears now! Her eyes wide with interest and wonder, she leaned forward as though wanting to absorb as much information as she could. Frost Diamonds?! She didn't even know what those were, but they sounded expensive and he said they were rare. Hordes of gems?! Gold? So many riches they didn't even know what to do with them and had no use for them? Those words were music to her businesswoman ears.

"And how would one set up a partnership with you?" she got out in a rush. "To trade? What would you like in exchange? You see, I'm a businesswoman. I head a jewelery empire. So everything you're saying right now is very relevant to my interests and I'd absolutely love to know more."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

"Well, you can take it up with the boss when we get back to camp. Actually, I think they're just finishing up now..."

The other ogres were loading heaps upon heaps of sacks stained with greenish blood onto their mounts, and Borzclubb motioned for Scarab to approach.

"You should probably return to him. We're going to be mounting up in a couple of minutes."

Rhindeer

Following Drex's gaze, Scarab wrinkled her nose. She really, really hoped she didn't have to ride next to any of those gory sacks.

But before she went back to Borzclubb, she turned and flashed a genuine smile Drex's way. "Good talk," she said. "Thank you for the information. And for saving my neck. I know I panicked and annoyed you, but I do appreciate it everything. I'm just really, really not used to..." She spread out her arms in an all-encompassing motion. "Any of this."

She shook out her robes in a vain effort at clearing off some of the sand, then turned and headed back for Borzclubb.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

DaGlobster

Borzclubb was adjusting himself onto Winterpeak when Scarab made it to him. Smiling, he looked down at her. Winterpeak was currently digging into a slab of ankheg meat, so it didn't really pay any attention to her.

"Sorry if it got a bit rough for you there, lass. Nice to see it all turned out alright. You injured?"

Rhindeer

"Oh, I'm fine," Scarab told him as she approached. "I think I ate a little sand, but I'm not hurt. Drex did a good job keeping me safe."

She cast a look at the kaadir, turned a little green when she saw what it was eating, and then held out her hand for Borzclubb to take and pull her up. "As you can probably tell, I'm a bit out of my element here. That was...rather exciting, to say the least."

DaGlobster

"He's a good boy, that Drex. A bit scatterbrained at times, and a little skinny for an Ogre, but he more than pulls his weight."

Borzclubb reached down and effortlessly pulled Scarab up, depositing her in front of him.

He turned around, calling to the other Ogres.

"We all ready to go?"

"Yes, boss!"

Nodding, Borzclub turned Winterpeak around in the direction of their camp, and with that, the Ogres were all on the move again. It was starting to get late. The sun was already dimming in the sky.

Rhindeer

Seated in front of Borzclubb, Scarab held onto Winterpeak's neck and tried to get comfortable. She was unused to riding in such an unladylike fashion, and her thighs were starting to ache as a result. But she bit back the discomfort and focused on staying on as they rode, her mind mulling over what Drex had told her about their horde.

She decided she'd bring that up when she didn't have to yell over the wind.

"Where are we going now?" she asked Borzclubb, trying to figure out what direction Essyrn was in by the sun's position.

DaGlobster

"Back to camp," Borzclubb said.

"Desert gets dangerous at night, so we'd better play it safe. Don't you worry, you'll be safe there. Us Ogres are hospitable types. We can give you a hot meal, some water..."

He looked her over.

"...A bath. You look like you need all that stuff."

Rhindeer

Scarab didn't really know how to take that. She must look a walking disaster for an ogre of all people to insinuate she needed a bath.

However, she was not going to complain about that, either! After the stress and heat of the day, she was drenched in sweat. It would be nice to cool down and de-stress.

"All of that sounds wonderful," she sighed, and shook some sand out of her thick dreadlocks. Peering over her should at him, she added,

"And then perhaps over dinner, if you don't mind, I'd like to talk about something with you. A potential business partnership, if you will."

DaGlobster

"Do ya? Why, that's very interesting indeed. I'll take you up on that!"

Borzclubb didn't know what use a rich, frail little woman such as Scarab would want with a company of Ogre mercenaries, but he was hardly going to turn down company over dinner!

Rhindeer

"Fantastic!" Scarab said, clapping her hands--and then gasping and gripping onto Winterpeak tighter when she almost pitched sideways.

"How far is your camp?" she called over the wind rushing against her ears.

DaGlobster

Borzclubb's arm had swung down, prepared to catch her if she fell, but when she righted herself, he straightened back up.

"A good half hour from here. We set it up on the edge of Ankheg territory, but it's safe. Seated on bedrock, so they can't tunnel over to it."

Rhindeer

"A half hour!" Scarab repeated with a groan. "I may not be able to walk by then!"

DaGlobster

Borzclubb looked down at her, eyebrow raised.

"You're lucky you can even walk, period. That tumble you took with Drex was pretty impressive. I took you for dead when I saw it."

Rhindeer

"Really?"

Scarab looked back at Borzclubb at that, and paled a little. Since she'd been the one doing the tumbling, she hadn't, you know, been aware of what it actually looked like or what had actually happened. She couldn't really remember much of what happened before she wound up floundering in the sand.

"...It was that bad?"

DaGlobster

Borzclubb nodded, leaning back in the saddle.

"Oh, you must've cleared a good fifty feet! You're lucky Drex held onto you the way he did, or you would've probably broken yer neck!"

Rhindeer

Scarab's eyes widened, and she touched her neck at the thought.

"...I didn't realize..."

DaGlobster

Borzclubb directed his eyes back to the horizon.

"I wasn't expecting you to. It all blurs away when you're up in the air..."

Rhindeer

"That's for certain!" Scarab said, still rather shocked that it had been that bad! "I didn't even realize anything had happened until I was back in the sand."

DaGlobster

Borzclubb said nothing at that, only breathing deeply as he allowed himself to relax into the saddle, leaning back against it like it was a chair.