Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This hurts me more than it hurts you. [M] [Aeyt!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 22, 2014, 10:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"Blah blah, justice, blah blah, responsibility. Yeah, yeah, whatever. For all you know, Lil' Dicky, that noble asshole beats his wife and whips his slaves. Maybe I was serving him justice! And you just barreled right in all--" Briar snorted, grinning, "--half-cocked and fucked it all up and interfered with my justice-y responsibilities. Good going, Dick. Good going."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

Dirk took a moment to meditate and recall exactly what he heard Briar say to her victim. Then, in a surprisingly accurate impersonation he quoted her. "So why don't you just go ahead hand over all your jewels and rings before I cut them off your pretty little fingers, hm? And tell me where you keep your money while you're at it. I know you're not wearing everything you have." He turned from his plate to face Briar directly. "Should I continue to the part about hidden compartments?" he asked her frankly. "Should I also point out how you assaulted the innocent guards?"
        Briar's disregard for justice didn't surprise Dirk. It was a fairly common outlook in this world. Take what you want, when you want, by any means, and care not for those you hurt. It was an unfortunate reality that he did his best to battle whenever he could. This woman seemed like a good cause. If he could fix someone like her, perhaps there was hope for the world.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar startled at his impersonation, because it was a dead ringer for what she said--and because she hadn't realized how long he'd been listening in before he showed up. But then she scoffed and shoveled more of the meat and veggies in her mouth, chewing and swallowing them before setting the bowl gently aside.

"So what? Doesn't prove he doesn't beat his wife and whip his slaves. What's your fucking point? The guy probably needed a good scare to humble and humiliate him! And it's not like he needed those riches. He's a noble! He's already got more than he needs. Really, I got the shit end of this stick! Those guards just got a sore head, the noble just got a a scare, but me? I got all stabbed up!"

She glowered at Dirk. "You owe me an apology, actually."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"I'm sorry you were too stubborn to surrender to a superior combatant that was willing to show mercy," Dirk said. He was beginning to catch on to the sour sarcasm of this thief. Her attitude did not bother him, but he could match her at this game. He had traveled with enough caravans to learn how to 'talk shit'. "If you don't want to lose, get better."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"What? Fuck you! Superior my left ass cheek! You just got lucky, you prick."

Briar tossed her head, the hoops dangling from the ends of her hair clinking together. "I wasn't fresh when you fought me. I'd already taken out two armed guards. Two armed guards tasked with the important mission of protecting a noblemen. They weren't amateurs! What, you think you're so great you beat someone who was already tired? Ha. HAH. You're delusional."

Aeytrious

"I don't require sleep, or food," Dirk retorted, "I don't get tired. You could never have won. I could plainly see that you have technical skill, but lack the wisdom and experience of real combat. If I had not held back from the start, you would have been dead in seconds. As such an amateur, you need to learn a bit of humility. Hubris is for those with real talent." This girl, and that's what Briar was, if measured by the tantrums she threw, was obviously filled with false pride. He never imagined getting pleasure from cutting the legs out from under someone, but it felt good to tell her how it was.
        "If we ever truly cross blades again, do not expect mercy."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar regarded Dirk a long moment, and then said, eyes slightly narrowed, "So what you're saying is you were cheating, since you never get tired or need sleep or whatever."

Aeytrious

"Does a bird cheat at flying, when it has wings and a fish does not?" Dirk asked Briar. "Does a fish cheat with it's gills allowing it to swim deep under water, when a bird must come back for air?" It seemed a simple thing to him. "Some of us are made for some things, others are not. Perhaps you were not meant to fight with a sword. Perhaps you should give up your life of crime," he told her plainly, "farmers can afford to be slow and dull where soldiers must be sharp."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Wham! In one hard, quick, and ill-thought out move, Briar kicked over the table and sent her ale flying at Dirk and splashing all over him.

Of course, it was an ill-thought out move because no sooner had she done it when she cried out in agony as it sent pain lacing from her foot clear up her leg.

Aeytrious

Save his food or save his armor, the question was easily answered. Dirk deflected the ale away from his plate but it of course sloshed all over him. He had no sympathy for the pain Briar felt. He stood, and set aside his dinner then pulled out his magic decanter. He walked away from the camp and activated its water, allowing it to poor over himself to remove the sticky ale. It only took a minute to do so and he walked back over to the camp. He stood the table, put the mug and straw on top of it, and then used the decanter to thin the ale that was on the stone slab.
        "That was quite an intelligent decision," Dirk said to Briar, now fully into the sarcasm. "I can already tell that you put lots of thought into all your choices."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar was curled up, cursing colorfully as she clutched at her bandaged foot--though she couldn't really clutch at it, considering the state of her hands. "Fuck off," she growled between grit teeth, and when the throbbing pain abated, she took a deep breath and sat back. "It felt good in the moment. Except when it didn't."

Aeytrious

Dirk was struck by a tiny twinge of sympathy at his guests continuing pain. He reached into his haversack and pulled out a a steel flask. He walked over to Briar and dropped it onto the cot beside her.
        "That is very strong," he told her, "it tastes awful, and it burns like Uffern, but it'll dull the pain, as well as your senses." Noticing the drips of water that fell on the bedroll, Dirk walked over to the rack that held Briars clothing. He stood by the fire, slowly and methodically removing his armor and such, hanging them on the rack. He didn't have any real personal boundaries, so he was fully prepared to disrobe completely, exposing his young, tightly muscled body, in sight of Briar.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Taking up the flask, and unstopping it carefully with stiff fingers, Briar had been about to take a long swallow of the stuff when Dirk began to disrobe.

She froze, her eyebrows rising clear to her hairline.

"Uh, excuse me but what the fuck are you doing?"

Aeytrious

"Undressing," Dirk said to Briar without pausing in his actions, "you covered me in ale that I rinsed away. I would however, prefer not to sit in wet armor, so I will let it dry while I continue to eat." He didn't see why she had such a sour tone. What was wrong with wanting to get dry?
        "What is your complaint this time?" He did not hesitate while he waited for her answer. Armor, cloak, and boots off, weapons at his feet, he was now standing in clothing, made of a thin, beige fabric. The shirt, a short sleeved tunic, laced up the sternum to his clavicle, was snug against his muscled chest and biceps. The rest of his arm, up to a few inches from his wrist were wrapped in strips of the same fabric. His short pants, had a drawstring at the waist, and also tied a few inches below his knees. The rest of his legs and his feet were wrapped in the same strips of fabric as his arms, leaving only his toes exposed. Wet, as they were, the fabric of his garments clung to him completely, in a not unattractive way. It was also apparent, with the way the pants clung to him, that he was amply endowed, so Briars taunts were unfounded.
        A quick stretch was all the pause he gave before he moved to begin unwrapping his hands. He had no plan to stop.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Just because Briar couldn't stand touch didn't mean she wasn't blind, or that she couldn't appreciate an attractive body when it was right in front of her, or that she couldn't experience desire. If anything, that only made things all the more frustrating for her, and awkward as fuck.

Especially as a quick glance down confirmed that her half-cocked taunts had been...inaccurate.

She snapped her eyes back up, her face growing hotter.

"Wow, you're a fucking genius!" she snapped. "I had no idea! Yeah, duh, I can see what you're doing, I'm questioning why you're doing it here! Seriously, what the fuck. Are you--are you fully undressing? Did this shit soak through your smallclothes?! I don't know if you think it's only fair I see you naked 'cause you saw me but I'm okay with not seeing this, alright?!"

Aeytrious

"The word you used was what," Dirk said. He was finishing unwrapping his hands and now pulling off the wet tunic. "I did however cover the why in my answer as well." He hung the shirt next to Briar's, and the thin fabric began steaming from the drying process. "As for why here. The rack is here, as is the fire. Seems plain to me." He stood on one foot unwrapping the other, with perfect balance. "If seeing me nude causes you some sort of distress, you can turn away, or close your eyes," he told her, "I'm not some exotic creature from another world. I'm a human man. It can't be so horrible or terrifying to behold."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Oh no, he had a nice body. Oh no. Of course she had realized before that he was attractive, and that he looked around her age, but she had been far too pissed at him to appreciate it--and still was pissed at him, but she could appreciate it.

She brought a hand to her face, pressing her bandaged palm to her eyes. "It's not that it's terrifying, fucker. Quite the opposite! Unless you're hairy and bulging and infested with disease down there! But amazing fact here, not everyone wants to see your parts flopping around!"

Shifting where she sat, she adjusted her robe to better cover her legs, suddenly acutely aware that she'd exposed the one well past the knee when she'd kicked the table over. And despite all her kvetching, she also wasn't looking away.

Aeytrious

Amazingly, the idea of nudity being private had not quite settled into Dirk's head. He had traveled with plenty of people, and when nudity did come up, they had somewhat similar reactions to Briars.It just didn't seem to sink in. There was no stigma about it for him, so when he was finished unwrapping his feet, he untied his wet pants, and peeled them away from his body. He stood completely naked in front of the rack, adjusting his clothes, and Briars, to make sure that everything was getting enough heat from the fire, and nothing would fall off. He poured a little water out of his boots, and then put them upside down on sticks to let them drain completely. It would do little good to put dry feet into wet boots.
        The entire process had him turning and bending in ways that exposed his well muscled back and buttocks to Briar. He was oblivious to the fact that she was peeking at him, and wouldn't have cared anyway. When he was sure everything would dry thoroughly, he slung his kukri over his shoulder and carried his haversack to a spot on the stone that was not wet from Briars attack, or from drying clothing. Reaching into the bag, he pulled out a soft blanket, wrapped it around his waist, and sat back down to enjoy what was left on his plate.
        "I don't wish to sit on the hard stone without protection from abrasions, so you can rest easy," He finished the piece of fish on his plate, and started in on the remaining vegetables. "If you prefer, I will keep the blanket wrapped around me until my clothes are dry. I don't understand the issue with nudity. They're just bodies. They're all basically the same, though I do see that some are more appealing than others."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Why did the asshole have to have a good ass?

Briar knew she should look away. She'd been complaining about this, so it was hypocritical to watch--buuut she was a hypocrite and couldn't find it in herself to care! If he was going to do this anyway, she may as well get an eyeful so whatever! Still, it was awkward as fuck. He had a nice body. Really attractive. Too bad she hated him!

When he turned around, though, and she got a full frontal view, she shot a quick glance down out of curiosity, and then jerked her eyes away. Wow, yeah, okay, no wonder her taunts didn't affect him. Still, this was weird. And why the hell was he acting so nonchalant about this? Gods, he was infuriating! And he was sure taking his sweet ass time!

It was a relief when he wrapped the blanket around him, because it took a serious effort to keep her eyes up. It wasn't like she hung around a lot of naked people, much less naked men, and his...parts...were kind of distracting. Because they were just kind of out there! With the distraction put away, so to speak, she relaxed again, and felt her annoyance rising because while her face was quite hot, Dirk was still doing the oblivious act.

Briar's expression went flat. "...Basically the same. Are you fucking with me. What, did no one ever give you the birds and the bees talk or what? How old are you again?"

Aeytrious

"I am physically around twenty summers in age," Dirk told Briar, "but my mentor kept me this age for many earth years, so I've been alive for more than sixty summers." That would likely sound like madness to Briar, but to Dirk it was the normal way of things. His was an exotic and bizarre life.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Tags: