Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

This hurts me more than it hurts you. [M] [Aeyt!]

Started by Rhindeer, September 22, 2014, 10:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

Briar stared at him. Then she shook her head, which made the world spin dizzily. "Did you drug me or something? You must have drugged me." Because surely she wasn't hearing this right.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"Drugged you?" Dirk asked, unsure what Briar meant. "I gave you a sedative to help you sleep earlier. That alcohol I gave you is very strong, as I warned you. Are you feeling unwell?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"No, no, no! I'm as well as I could be after getting stabbed six times. I just mean either I'm drugged or you're drugged with a story like that. That doesn't make a lick of sense, twenty years old but older than sixty. Do you even hear yourself talk?"

Finally, Briar took a sip of the alcohol he'd given her, and promptly choked, because it did burn like hell. She hadn't gotten a chance to drink it earlier, because he'd started stripping down and she'd lost focus, but his words reminded her.

"Bloody eugh!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Aeytrious

"I warned you," Dirk said when he noticed Briar nearly gagging on the swig she'd taken from the flask. He smirked to himself and took a drink of his own ale.
        "I'm not surprised you find it far fetched," Dirk said, continuing on the earlier topic, "most people react that way when they ask me questions about my past. My mentor told me that people would rarely believe, but that it was best to tell the truth as often as possible. Lies have their place, and earnest or casual conversations are not the place."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Blah, blah, blah, boring shit," Briar yawned, and took another swig of the alcohol, more prepared this time. She didn't choke this time, because she took a little at a time--and because, she thought, she burned off her taste buds!

And maybe also because the stuff was going straight to her head, so she just wasn't registering its nastiness as much.

"So you're telling me you're some old guy in a young guy's body who goes romping around doing JUSTICE and shit and...I don't even get it. You're weird. Really weird. Are you like even aware of how weird you are? Probably not. They never are. Whooo, that alcohol shit's warm-making," she said, waving her hand by her face.

"So hey, Dick, what's the deal anyway? We just going to sit around and sing and camp fire songs until I'm better or something? Just a fun little camping trip? Like what are you even doing with me?"

Aeytrious

"We'll figure that out when the time comes," Dirk told Briar. He finished off his ale and then poured himself another. He got up and served some quail and fish onto his plate, then took it over and set it on the small table. He put the table back next to Briar again and pointed at the plate. "Eat more," he told her, "if you don't the medicine to speed the healing from weeks into days will leach away your life and you'll get physically ill."
        He moved back to the fire and lifted a grate above the flames. From his haversack he pulled a shallow iron pan. "How do you like your eggs?"
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Leech away my--are you fucking with me? Could this shit kill me? What the hell did you even give me?!" Briar exclaimed, but it was the incentive she needed, because she knew well enough not to mess with magic! Moving painfully, she took large bites of the fish.

Between bites she said, "Scrambled. Mixed with ham and cheese and potato, with pepper." She tasted some of the quail. "I wasn't joking about the camp fire songs, that's a thing we can do, Dick!"

Aeytrious

"Singing was not a part of my education," Dirk told Briar. "I was taught about music, I can play several instruments, I'm just not familiar with vocalization of songs." He moved to crack and scramble the quail eggs. "I have potato, cheese, and pepper, but there aren't any signs of boar in the area. So I won't be able to give you ham." He adjusted the blanket wrapped around his waste as he prepared to pour the now whipped eggs into the hot pan. It slipped a bit revealing the cleft of his buttocks before he could readjust it properly.
        "If you desire to sing, I am more than willing to play my violin for you, or perhaps you'd prefer the guitar."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar didn't miss that slip-up. She got a good peek at what was exposed of his ass, while slowly chewing a bite of quail. Nope. Just because she loathed him didn't mean she couldn't appreciate certain aesthetics. One didn't have to like the artist to enjoy the art!

"I was being facetious, genius," she said, and washed the quail down with another swig of that alcohol. Good stuff, that. She could no longer really feel the pain! Or...a lot of other things, actually. She let out a burp and set the stuff aside, then flopped back onto her back, because the world was getting weird and fuzzy, her body all warm with a nice buzz. Alright, so she was more than buzzed now.

"But sure, I can sing! I've got the voice of a motherfucking angel, let me tell you! Go on, then! Whip it out, Dick!" She paused, snorted, and then burst into laughter. "Whip it out, Dick. Hahaha. Whip out your dick? Pfffffff. Yeah, don't do that, not that it's not fabulous, but I meant your instrument. Like your violin or whatever, not your instrument. Fuck I crack myself up! Hah! Crack! Lot of that around here!"

Aeytrious

The word play, crude as it was, did not escape Dirk. He just didn't understand how it was humorous. He was lacking in that area. Humor had not been on the agenda for his training. Cooking had been though, and so the quail eggs, half the size of chicken eggs, were poured over chopped potatoes he hadn't used in the stew. He dusted the pan with ground pepper and mixed the eggs and potatoes together. Some vegetables that he had not used yet, and a dried clove of garlic that he fished out of his bag went in with it. Turning, and folding, and chopping the scramble, it cooked quickly over the fire. When it was finished he put crumbled goat cheese over the top of it and scooped most of it onto a plate for Briar.
        Standing over the fire as he cooked, without the elemental protection of his equipment, the heat had caused a light sheen of sweat across his muscled chest and arms. As he approached Briar with the plate of food, he glistened in the firelight, the cut of his muscular definition accentuated. "I hope it's to your liking", he said genuinely, as he placed the plate beside her. He turned from her without waiting for a response, returning to his spot. He took out his violin, and sat. "I can play one of the songs I've learned while traveling this land if you like."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Once again, Briar found herself briefly distracted by Dirk's glistening abs and pecs, and was keenly aware that he was wearing only a blanket, and that she was just in a silk robe. She picked at her eggs, getting out an, "Mhmmm!" when he said he hoped they were to her liking. They were, but she wasn't really thinking about the eggs when he asked that question, nor was she subtle about her observations.

It almost made her forget her irritation that he didn't even respond at all to her jokes! And those had been some damned good puns. Some people just didn't appreciate the effort that went into that.

She popped another chunk of egg into her mouth and waved her hand stiffly. "Yeah, go ahead. Diddle that fiddle," she said around her food, and snickered at her own joke.

Aeytrious

Dirk lifted the violin, put his chin on the rest, and brought his bow to the strings. The somewhat sad song became haunting when played by his deft hands. The violin sung out, and all the noises of the forest around them fell silent, as if even the creatures stopped to listen to the notes dancing in the air.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Dirk was midway through the song before Briar let out a loud yawn and said, "Well, shit, Dick, you trying to make me cry here? This shit is depressing. Don't you have anything livelier?"

Then she shoved another bite of eggs in her mouth.

Aeytrious

A pause and an impatient expression was all the reply Dirk gave before changing his tune. To acquiesce with Briar's request, Dirk played a drinking ditty he'd heard several times. It had crude lyrics, but he was not singing them. The tempo was upbeat, and somewhat intoxicating in nature. It was the kind of song that would get stuck in your head for days. He secretly hoped it would drive Briar mad.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

"Now this is better. Why's this sound so familiar...?" Briar said, perking up as the music swelled within her. She bounced her leg to the beat, and if her hands weren't wrecked, she would have happily clapped along.

"Of course, it'd be even better if you didn't constantly look like you've sniffed spoiled milk. Smile, Dick! You're playing a happy song, not a fucking funeral dirge!"

Aeytrious

It might as well be a funeral dirge, as far as Dirk was concerned. The lifestyle it promoted surely led many a man to an early grave. Drinking and carousing, and sleeping with other mens' wives was not good for your health. But Briar's improved mood was a bit contagious and he couldn't help but smile a bit. He tapped his foot in time to the music, and when he'd played through all three verses, he moved into a song that he'd long forgotten.
        It was the first elven song he'd heard in a village he visited with Rit. It was even more fast paced than the one he'd just played, and was meant for an intricate dance to celebrate marriage. Rit had told him that elven music wasn't only magical because of the instruments they used, but that they wove magic into the original song, so that all who learned it and played it, would spread the magic. This song in particular encouraged happiness, feelings of fondness and love, cheerful giddiness, and a strong desire to propagate. Dirk didn't recall any of that at the moment, he only remembered that the song had made him feel very happy, and Briar seemed like she could use more happiness. It didn't even occur to him that the notes they were both hearing, were indeed, magical.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

There came a certain point, during the new song, that Briar stopped bouncing along to the song.

Oh, she was still feeling far more cheerful now, her spirits lighter and not so bitter despite her injuries and situation--but that wasn't all. She was feeling oddly distracted, too, and no longer really paying attention to the song, though she was watching Dirk. Her head was slightly tilted as she studied him with a fresh sort of appreciation, her eyes following along the curves of his neck and shoulders, the lines of his collar bone, his toned chest and sculpted abs...

And lower, to the towel, which she knew was hiding something quite impressive, despite all the dick jokes she'd tossed his way. Her face heated at the thought as she recalled that he'd undressed her, and as she looked back up at his face, her eyes lingered a bit longer on his lips. They looked kissable, and she got tingles all over as she wondered what they'd feel like against her neck--

...What.

What the fuck?!

Briar's face flushed hot and she shook herself, sitting bolt upright. What the?! Where did that even come from?! She started to rake a hand through her hair but stopped short, since her hand was wounded, and instead let it fall back into her lap. Wow, Briar. Wow. Yeah, she'd realized he was attractive--sexy, even! Like, she wouldn't mind it if he wanted to throw her down and--

FOCUS!

Aeytrious

Dirk was pleased with the great improvement to Briars disposition. She was smiling, and bouncing to the song. This in turn caused him to him smile, and bounce along as he continued to play. The song also filled him with much more cheer, though he was less affected than Briar, since he was the one playing. He was so engrossed in working the bow across the strings at such a fast pace, that he didn't notice the change in Briars demeanor. Even if he had, he would have been oblivious to the way she was sizing him up. His experience with the opposite sex was fairly limited, and he lacked the social awareness to pick up on it.
        Though he didn't notice her attention, he was feeling a bit warm and fuzzy. He began wondering why he'd been so upset with Briar. She had a sharp tongue and was breaking the law when he'd met her, but she must have had some reason. No human is born evil. They would sort it all out. He was beginning to think he liked her. She was beautiful too. He hadn't lingered on her nude form, but now that he thought back on it, it was rather pleasant, and soft.
        What sort of strange thought was that? That hardly mattered to him. He did not judge others by their exterior. It had been lovely though. Like a flower is beautiful, so wash she. Perhaps she would be open to sharing a bath. Then he could see her nude body glistening with moisture, soap suds hiding parts of her from view, like the clouds obscure the sky.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey

Rhindeer

Briar noticed Dirk looking at her then, and her face flushed red and she jerked her eyes away, suddenly struck by the thought of...what if he knew?! What if he knew what she was thinking?! What if he knew she was undressing him with her eyes?

...But also, would that be such a bad thing if he did know?

Yes, yes it would. Rein it in, Briar! Rein it the fuck in!

Feeling awkward in her silence, while her mind kept going to weird places, she cleared her throat.

"You know, you look pretty hot right now," she said before she could stop herself, putting into words what her brain was thinking, and her eyes went wide and her blush darkened. Shit. "Uh. Hold on. NOT what I meant to say! I meant to say, uh...you look...hot. As in temperature. Because we're by the fire and you're in a towel and your abs are all glisten--"

FUCK.

She was pretty sure her face was on fire. "You should probably take a break! Cool off! Yeah!"

Aeytrious

Dirk noticed his own warmth at Briar's mention of it. He didn't really feel he needed to cool off, but perhaps the suggestion was a proposition for what he'd been thinking. He stopped playing, and though the notes no longer drifted through the air, the magic would remain with them for a few hours. He set his instrument aside, almost losing his towel again, then turned back to Briar. Now that he was no longer so focused on playing, the magic effects took greater hold of him, and his skin flushed as his body responded.
        "That's not a bad suggestion," Dirk said in slightly less monotone than usual. "Not far from here is a rock-cut basin. We could share a bath? I can warm the water, and I have very nice soaps."
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
Ritousaey