Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Lies Beneath this Sea of Trees? (open)

Started by Sentinel, October 15, 2014, 01:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentinel

Solitude is so hard to find in this world.

He believed himself no more than the damned being he had become. In his time he had changed this world behind his golden mask; slaying kings and, on occasion, serving justice to people who needed it. Yet, in comparison to his once omniscient stature, Astrauld felt so horribly puny... He needed a friend.

It seemed his brethren, those professional killers of The Bladed Nomads had departed from his life. Far gone and very well missed. Astrauld often viewed his lack of aging as a curse. He, so powerful by nature, was nearly impossible to kill. He was doomed to watch his friends die in a shroud of blackened time.

Yet, in all of his time here, he had never visited The Meeting Place. He had heard of the legends and of the tales telling of the ultimate place to start a new adventure, to begin a new branch of life. Now the dethroned son of the Void found himself in a forest, surrounded by evergreen trees towering far into the skies. He knew death would not come to him here, but perhaps a conversation would.

The weary assassin had but one question. "So tell me, world, what lies beneath this sea of trees?"

Kriv

Alluette had finally reached his destination, the Meeting place. He'd heard stories of this place from clients, and his targets, mostly his targets he walked with his satchel for about an hour until he found a suitable place for rest. He sat under a lush green tree sharpening his short sword. It'd been 12 years since he'd had a break from his life of the shadows and knives. So after sheathing his weapons he took a well deserved nap under the falling leaves.

Sentinel

Astrauld spotted the man laying beneath the trees and noticed his weapon, seeing him rest beneath a tree.nShould I approach him? Astrauld wondered. Has some God of this universe answered my prayer of sorts?

Astrauld knew he looked somewhat hostile compared to the average person, but he supposed it was a fitting look, as he was hostile. He knew that, to maintain a chance of being seen as an ally, that he must not approach this man.

Yet his curiosity was unstoppable.

From afar, Astrauld closed his eyes and sat in a meditative position, focusing on the energy around him. He could see the waves of light and sound traveling in every direction, but knew that to get anything done he must concentrate.

He focused as hard as he could on the man before him, looking vaguely into his mind. My powers are so weak compared to what they used to be, he thought. Over the next couple of minutes he gathered a minute amount of information about this... Alluette... by reading the electromagnetic signals his brain was giving off.

Another assassin... An introverted one, at that. One with some severe paranoia.

He is little a threat to me, Astrauld thought. But, even if I make no allies, perhaps I can share my story with someone. Maybe he will be willing to hear it.

He began to walk in the direction of Alluette.

Kriv

Alluette's eyes opened and blinked rapidly before his vision focused on the man before him. He quickly hopped up yo the nearest tree to gain a higher ground and unsheathed his sword and dagger. "State your business stranger." He commanded as he took his stance, ready to initiate his cloak dance. 

Sentinel

Astrauld chuckled and stopped approaching the paranoid assassin. "I honestly have no business, I'm just looking for some conversation, something I tend to lack in my life these days." Astrauld glanced at Alluette's weapons. "Sir, those weapons will be a waste of your time. Let me just take a moment and negate any hostility."

Astrauld drew his two curved blades and laid them on the ground in front of him. "While I don't plan on using my weapons, let me assure you any attempts of killing me would be useless. I hold powers that somewhat defy your laws of physics." The swords began to levitate and slowly rose to near his shoulder height. A black shroud, a cloud like aura, suddenly surrounded the blades, hiding them from sight. "Before making any assumptions, this is not magic." The black cloud dissipated and left an entirely different object than the two blades beforehand.

Floating in the air were two chairs, much like thrones with velvet padding, in their place, which Astrauld floated back to the ground. He took a seat in one of them. "Do not spend time asking questions about how the matter of two swords gained so much volume because I'd rather not explain those details. However, you may take a seat if you wish."

Kriv

Alluette  stared at he chairs for some time, trying to find a trap that he knew in his subconcious was not there. "Yeah well I'm not exactly of this plane either," He started "But you don't see be dickin' about turnin' my crap into other crap." He continued in hopes to get an idea of the strange man's temper and boundaries.

Sentinel

Astrauld laughed. "But you are of this universe. You see, all planes of existence you are aware of lie in this universe, demon." Astrauld explained, stretching his arms out and yawning, continuing to analyze Alluete's thoughts.. "I am not hostile, I mean no harm to you, and you better not mean any harm to me. I can turn my swords to chairs and turn everything around us into your worst fears... All I want is a conversation." Astrauld's chair began to levitate. "Tell me, Alluette. Have you ever wondered what the world looks like from the sky?"

Kriv

Alluette winced at the mention of his race. He sighed heavily knowing he was out of his league, he sheathed his weapons and dropped into the empty chair. "What is it that'd you like to talk about then?" He asked felicitously as he straightened his mask.

Sentinel

"Well I daresay that's quite a direct question, Alluette. I had not thought of what it was I'd like to talk about yet." Astrauld replied. The chairs lifted slowly into the air and, after a few seconds, rose above the tree line and continued upward, moving next to each other and forward, circling the Meeting Place. "Let's start this simply. As there are multiple planes of existence within this universe, what brings you on this planet in this plane?"

Kriv

Alluette sunk deep his his chair and his face drooped behind his mask. "I-I'd rather not talk about that right now.." He murmured as his feet dangled in the air. 

Sentinel

"Understandable." Astrauld acknowledged. He rotated the chairs to be facing each other, now thousands of feet in the air. Casually slinging one leg over the other and resting his arms on the sides of the throne-like chair, he reasons, "Then perhaps there are questions you'd like to ask me?

Kriv

"What are you?" He asked blatantly as he cocked his head in confusion. "He looks human, but he acts like anything but.." He thought to himself.

Sentinel

"To be honest, Alluette, I saw that question coming." Astrauld began. "But to explain what I am I must first explain where it is I came from.

"Before the creation of this universe my people all existed outside of it. We exist outside of all plains of existence any mortal being, including your immortal gods, has been able to comprehend.

"Mass in the mortal planes are separated by space. Space is considered nothingness, but if it was truly nothingness it could not be warped by matter. To keep all of the universes from clumping together, we placed each one around a place called the Void, and I am therefore known as a Void Walker."

Kriv

"Then why are you asking me these questions, you knew my name what I was and can bend space and time yo your will." He pointed out "You obviously know my past and can foresee the future, why  involve yourself with those below you?" He asked

Sentinel

"I was cast away from the Void for crimes against Overlord... He is the creator of the third dimension, which you and I occupy." Astrauld explained. "While I am somewhat mortal, I maintained an extreme amount of power in comparison to nearly any other being. I read your mind without invading it, as your brain gives off electromagnetic signals which I can percept. I also obtain nearly omnipotent control over matter and energy which is why I can defy your laws of physics."

Kriv

"Is this something that could be taught?" Alluette asked out of curiosity, hoping to obtain something from this encounter. "And if so could you teach it to me?"

Sentinel

"It is an inherent ability, but it can be replicated through means of magic. You'll not be able to defy the laws of physics but you will be able to manipulate matter and I can teach it to you very quickly and easily... Just don't expect to be turning swords into chairs, as this defies the laws of physics." Astrauld explained. "I must ask you something, though... Have you ever heard of The Bladed Nomads or are you too young to have heard the name?"

Kriv

"I've heard stories, the most experienced of my old companions told stories to young succubi to get them to behave." He explained. "But I've heard nothing specific."

Sentinel

They are a group of assassins I created long ago... We used to travel the world and visit the isles, slaying unjust rulers and freeing enslaved peoples." Astrauld explained in vivid memory. "I hold on to our beliefs as strongly as anything else. We were vigilantes, saviors behind our masks. But those days are far gone now... I am the figure of legend who is connected to The Bladed Nomads. I am the Kingslayer the elders speak of."

Kriv

Alluette was extremely intrigued. "Could you possibly.. teach me your ways?" Alluette asked, he'd heard stories about him, if he could train under someone as experienced as the KingSlayer he would surely climb the ladders of the underworld swiftly.