Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

What Lies Beneath this Sea of Trees? (open)

Started by Sentinel, October 15, 2014, 01:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sentinel

"There is no other way than justice, my friend. I have learned that misdeeds cause nothing but misfortune, but we fight for a chaotic good. We fight for freedom and for life, and there can be no life without death." Astrauld explained. The chairs began to raise higher into the sky, above the surrounding clouds and through the atmosphere. Around them was nothing more than space and with his powers, Astrauld allowed them to breathe. "Here is a place peaceful enough for your training to begin. We are in space... You can hear me nonetheless, but only due to my power. What I need you to do is close your eyes and empty your thoughts."

Kriv

Alluette did as he was told, removing his mask before shutting his eyes. He concentrated to empty his head and soon he thought of nothing just emptiness.

Sentinel

Astrauld, using his powers, fired a burst of electromagnetic waves from his brain to Alluete's, carrying information on how to manipulate matter and on the code of The Bladed Nomads.

1. JUSTICE MUST BE SERVED TO ALL PEOPLES.
2. DEATH IS A PRICE OF LIFE AND FREEDOM.
3. DO NOT KILL THE UNDESERVING.
4. GRAND THE EVIL NO MERCY.
5. OBEY THE KINGSLAYER.

Kriv

Alluette nodded "I understand." He said calmly, Although he felt a bit "iffy" in the last rule, he decided to bite his tongue.

Sentinel

"You feel discontent over the last rule." Astrauld acknowledged. "Well, this may be true, but I ask nothing more of you than your loyalty and your alliance, nothing unreasonable. However, if you do anything that breaks the code I'll remove your powers." The chairs began to lower through the atmosphere and back through the clouds.

Kriv

Alluette silently nodded and waited until they descended completely.

Sentinel

The two chairs reached the ground. "Now I may one day call upon you for help, perhaps in some future uprising." Astrauld explained. "Would you be willing to come to my aid?"

Kriv

"Of course friend." Alluette laughed as he stood from his chair "But within this hypothetical situation, if you were to win this uprising, where would I stand in the ranks of your empire?'

Sentinel

"I rule no empire, we are merely the protectors of what is right," Astrauld explained. "However I am the Grandmaster of The Bladed Nomads. As you have the second highest seniority as we are the only two members, you could say that you are second in command in this guild, but everyone starts at square one and moves up, unluckily enough for those who join after you."

Kriv

"I'll just assume that I will be second in command." Alluette said as he extended his hand. "I'm glad I met you today, Astrauld was it?"

Sentinel

Yes, that would be it." Astrauld replied, extending his hand and shaking Alluette's. "But there is something I must warn you of... My father was banished along with me to this realm... He occasionally toys with my allies and I. He is not stronger than me but he and I are on an equal power basis." Astrauld explained.

The voice boomed through the trees as a roaring wind passed.

"Expect a meeting with me soon!" The voice faded and Astrauld was silent.

Kriv

Alluette let out a loud guffaw "Looking forward to it old man!" He yelled into the trees.

Sentinel

Astrauld laughed. "He's eccentric and may just give you a bad time. He is not a member of The Bladed Nomads anymore but is not hostile either." Astrauld explained. "He'll not hurt you."