Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Paying Her Respects (Chronicler)

Started by Ethereal-Star, October 22, 2014, 05:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Normally Adelaide was able to keep her cool about things and contain extreme emotions, but her resolve had finally snapped causing her to attack the sneaky coyote. Again. She was not impressed by his attempts to make him seem innocent in this whole scenario, he was anything but. The very look in his eyes spoke of cunning and cleverness, willing to use whatever tricks he had up his metaphorical sleeve. And right now his target was her. It grated on her self-control greatly. Without money, there was little Adelaide would be able to do and that didn't sit well with her at all to be the target of an unscrupulous theft. She had taken back the money which was rightfully hers to begin with.

As she walked out of the tavern, she heard the thief call out to the guards stationed nearby, pointing to her as the culprit who stole his money! What nerve, she thought. He certainly didn't give up easily. But Adelaide refused to be a pawn in his little scheme.

Calmly she turned to one of the guards who had started towards her, saying "Sir, this creep has been nothing but trouble for me, and now he is trying to pin the blame on me! He stole my money, I was only doing what anyone would do in my position. I took back what was mine and now I am leaving. I am done with this whole situation and I am most definitely done with him. The ice mage pointed a finger straight at Winter, glaring daggers at the coyote still limping towards her. Pathetic, she thought in disgust.

The guard Adelaide spoke to hesitated, and looked between the two of them for a moment as though wondering who was telling the truth here. The other guard had also been making his way towards her, when he suddenly stopped, recognizing the ice mage. "Adelaide?" he asked uncertainly, not sure if it was indeed her. Adelaide looked at the second guard, puzzled as to how he knew her name. "Yes?" she asked, raising a silver-white eyebrow.

"Dear gods, it is you!" he exclaimed. "Your hair's different though." He paused, and said "Ah, you probably do not remember me." he said softly. Adelaide shook her head no. "I used to work at the lumber mill in town, before I decided that being a guard was more my style." he chuckled. "The name's Pete, by the way. Pete Woodsworth. Remember me now?"

Adelaide searched her brain for any memory of him. Ah, yes she did remember him. If she recalled correctly, he had had quite the crush on her when they were younger. However, Adelaide didn't return this crush, she rather ignored him when she could. Not out of rudeness, she just wasn't interested in being friends with him. "Um, yes I remember now. Pete." she stated, "However, I do believe there are more important matters at hand now. For instance, this thief here." Pointing again at Winter.

All three turned to regard Winter, the ice mage with a coldness in her eyes. "As stated, I simply took back what was mine. The rest is unimportant."

((I thought considering this is Adelaide's hometown, she should have a blast from the past here.))

Tags: