Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Can I Claim 3 Islands?

Started by Ethereal-Star, October 24, 2014, 02:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

So, here's the thing. I noticed that on the SotE world map the Yoreiq Isles are an island chain of 6 different islands but only one of them is named, respectively 'Yoreiq'. Could I snag the first 3 islands to the left of the main island and call them something? I have a character I want to put there with those names attached. The other 2 islands to the right of the main island of Yoreiq are still unclaimed as I only want 3. The names from left to right would be: The Whispering Isle, The Blue Isle, and The Windy Isle. My character would be living in the last one The Windy Isle. It is nearly perfect for what I had in mind for the character before I even joined here. So, whaddya think? Could I claim those islands to name them? People can put whatever characters they like there as I had the notion it would be a mixed race community, all 3 of these. Yoreiq, the main island would remain untouched and left as it is.

Looshi

Thing is, the Admins may have plans for those islands, and officially, to my knowledge, there's no claiming going on - if there was they would have made a thread about it like with the Provinces of Serendipity.

visualspice

I think the Yoreiqi Islands are more or less like the Hawaiian Islands where there are multiple islands, but they're all Yoreiqi.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ethereal-Star

So I guess not. Well okay, how about this: could I put my character there anyway in the island I mentioned (sans the name that is) as her place of residence? She isn't human nor would be a 'native' Yoreiqi in that sense of the word. She is a fairy/elf archer. Or I could simply put her on the main island? She would live there but not have native origins obviously. Let me know if this is alright so I can make my character profile. Thanks. 

Looshi

I don't see why not, but I'll tag @Rhi-Rhi  to see what they have to say. At least I know that in other areas of SotE people can and do make places, but they are not officially recognized as canon for the site, but they are canon for your character. If that makes sense?

Rhindeer

That's fine. :3 Characters that live there totally don't have to be "native" to the isles, they get travelers and visitors, and some of those visitors stay and raise families.

Yeah, the Yoreiq isles is an island chain, so they're all part of Yoreiq! Like Hawaii. ;D
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa