Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Any countries with an established navy?

Started by Klezmer Gryphon, December 11, 2014, 04:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klezmer Gryphon

I got thinking this morning on a new character, and thought about what he might do, which is when the idea of a captain of a ship (not a pirate ship) came up... The only problem I have is that I have no idea which countries (if any) have an established navy, because while pirate ships are all well and good, I wanted a guy who sailed the seas working for the law instead of against it. Any help is appreciated. Also, by extension, what kind of ships would there be?

Looshi

This is a very good question, and I would like to know as well!

@Rhi-Rhi  @Tally

visualspice

I'm curious as well. x3 If I had to guess, maybe Connlaoth and Adela might? Connlaoth since the industry would dictate trade, and they would not have magic at their backs to protect men at sea. And maybe Adela, cause they like war?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Aeytrious

It's pretty easy to figure out the kind of boats that are available. Most of the world is looking at anything that would be available in the 1500's. Usually Connlaoth is ahead of the standard in technology by around 100 years. That's what I've deduced from other tech advantages they have, such as in guns, cannons, and medicine. Magic though is always an option if you want things to be a bit more advanced or powerful. Now as far as Navies go, I don't know that anyone has one. Navies usually are established to make war across oceans. There may be fleets of ships, but Naval battle doesn't seem all that practical for a single continent. @Tally and @Rhi-Rhi will have to give us the facts on that of course, and if anyone has a Navy, I would think it would be as was mentioned before, Connlaoth and Adela. Serendipity may have one if the other two do, but its more likely that they all have trade fleets, and then there are privateers and pirate hunters. I'll text Rhi and tell her to poke in here.

UPDATE: So from what Rhi is telling me through text as she does grocery shopping, is that practically all the major countries have navies. She can clarify for us when she gets home, but you're pretty safe basing your Naval Captain in just about any major country.
Guild
The Soot Wolves

Characters
Ryk/Theodore/Rufus
ArjanDirkElijahGeldGulliusHiram
HerewardKheelanKurohanaLex
MalilaMelyndariaMowellesaQuinnlyn
SehrayanahTiberiusValencia
Ritousaey