Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice! -A Holiday 'Spice' Art Exchange! [closed]

Started by visualspice, December 18, 2014, 01:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

I did a few tiny edits! <3 But yay! She was super fun to draw! *__*
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

@Ethereal-Star
Here's your drawing, I did Admar, the color invoker :D
I had a lot of fun trying to capture the color of his outfit. Hope you like it!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

visualspice

I still owe @Echtronis , @Moonie , @Vyraena , @Deli and @Rhi-Rhi  drawings.
Guess I got my hands full 8D

ALSO, you all have until end of day tomorrow to add any more drawings to this. And to those who submitted already, the drawings are great! :D Thanks~
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Alegretto

I wasn't gonna Spice, but when I saw that you had extended it...

It's Spice's character Iyla!

She's being chased by a particularly annoying dwarf at this moment, from our thread Seeing in the Dark

And Spice, please surprise me with your drawing :D

visualspice

omg, love the thought bubble >D and her expression though she'd probably swear more? loool

<3 This is great! Thanks, gretto! Guess I'll add your surprise drawing to the list!

visualspice

Okay, I'm hoping to get all of the owed drawings done today! So, um.. wish me luck XD

Ethereal-Star

Thank you so much spice for the awesome drawing of Admar! It is perfect, the robe really does look like a multi-colored scintillating robe! What medium did you use to get that effect I wonder? It is so great, love it, many thanks.

I had hoped to do another drawing for you but due to the stupid cold virus that got progressively worse yesterday I wasn't able to get my game in gear, or whatever. Also why I am just now responding as I couldn't muster up the energy to get on the computer yesterday at all and that in and of itself sucked big time. I am feeling better now, but still recovering.

Thanks again for the drawing!

visualspice

Awww, I'm sorry to hear you're still sick D:
But I'm glad you like the drawing! I had a lot of fun trying to figure out a way to accomplish the way his robe would be colored, (hence why I chose him of the two to draw).

I use photoshop for all of my drawings, and I went with the basic concept of bright colors would come out where there is more light, where as the darker colors would generally remain in the shadows and folds of the fabric. Then I did a layer of shadows and a highlight color- the shadow over lay being a faded purple and the highlight, a warmer tone, a yellow (using the opposing colors on the color wheel). Then added the specks of white to give it a pop and glimmer of shine and went over the folds and creases a final time too.

Again, it was very fun doing this and I'll probably have another one of these exchanges sometime in the future so I'm sure you'll have more chances to get your drawing on ^_^
Plus don't hesitate to post drawings you have done or are working on in the studio section of SotE :)
Lots of people do that and it's fun to look at what sort of art people can create!

Ethereal-Star

When you have another art exchange, I plan on participating in that one too.

I haven't used Photoshop yet, but I do have plenty of books I recently got for Xmas on it and how to use it, including Photoshop Elements. It seems pretty advanced though. But glad to know I can create artwork on there too, and not just edit pictures and whatnot. I'll definitely have to give it all a try. And thanks for the rundown on the Admar pic. :)

I am still gonna do that one drawing for you I wanted to do before I got sick but will have to wait until you have another exchange. But by then, I'll probably have more than one creation to show then, so that will be good.

visualspice

cool! Glad you want to keep up with drawing :)
And to add to the 'how to' of the drawing, I also used a wacom tablet (intuous 3) which I use to draw on that translates my drawing strokes onto the computer. It's more sensitive than tablets of today, since it's specifically designed to bring artwork onto the computer, so it senses how hard you press, etc, to make the drawing process as close to the traditional way one would draw as possible.

They're expensive though. Back like ten years ago when I purchased mine (or maybe it was like 8 years ago >_> ) Either way! It was still like 300 bucks x.x

Ethereal-Star

Well, I'm not planning on getting a tablet any time soon, but I'm sure there are still plenty of other options for digital drawing. I have a couple apps on my phone, but I don't think those are for 'top notch' drawings, just note taking, doodling and finger painting. I would think it'd be difficult to do a character sketch with one of the ones I've got. But there are plenty of others to try.

And yes, I do want to keep up with drawing, I have a list of books on drawing topics on my wish list. One of the books is how to draw wizards, witches and warlocks. Sounds like a fun book. I could definitely use a how-to on that.

visualspice

I have tons of art books as well. Half of the books in my house are art books- the other half are history. I'm also glad I started this art thread for myself as well. It's nice to get back into drawing again :)

visualspice

In response to this:

Quote from: Echtronis on January 09, 2015, 02:28:30 PM
When Dhally met Avy

I drew @Echtronis  this:

Just a silly 'future' possibilities in our current thread that takes back- oh some countless number of years ago~
(Hint, it's a wedding scene loool)

Echtronis

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM that is fantastic!! Love the attire design, you even got his little weird circles in it! I will treasure this always or until my desktop bricks! I'll save it in a cloud! Thank you! AHHH ITS AWESOME!!!!

"I believe the custommmm is that we KISSSSSSSsssss to seal the PACT! COME TO ME MY QUEEN!!"

visualspice

Quote from: Echtronis on January 12, 2015, 02:16:49 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM that is fantastic!! Love the attire design, you even got his little weird circles in it! I will treasure this always or until my desktop bricks! I'll save it in a cloud! Thank you! AHHH ITS AWESOME!!!!

"I believe the custommmm is that we KISSSSSSSsssss to seal the PACT! COME TO ME MY QUEEN!!"

I'm glad you like it, echt X3
Averella's all 'wth did I get myself into now!?'
and I couldn't help but want to draw him all lich-y rather than, you know, not.. lich like?
but yeah, definitely some potential fun there looooool

visualspice

visualspice

visualspice

visualspice

@Deli

This scene never happened but hey, you never know!
It's of the same characters deli 'drew' for the exchange- Katahnia and Delentus lol