Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

Great Minds...

Started by Alegretto, December 23, 2014, 03:42:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alegretto

((OOC: Sorry @Rhi-Rhi this took foooreeevverrrr!!!!. Hope you're still interested :P))

Meruna paced across the small space with a glower. She was inside a relatively tiny office in the very large (for her at least) city of Suna. The flesh-sculptor's assistant was kneeling in seiza on the tatami and eyeing Meruna's movement nervously. The Khan, finally sick of pacing, knelt as well in front of the assistant, and spoke to the young girl.

"Let us go over this one more time. Even though I have an appointment, my time slot is being infringed upon by someone else's emergency situation. This is what you have told me?" The assistant, sweating a little bit, nodded. "Yes ma'am, that is indeed the situation. I apologize, truly."

"And who, pray tell, is this individual that is more important than me? Despite the fact that I have made the very long and difficult trip from Kantas for this treatment?" Meruna asked again, clicking her pointed teeth together with each syllable.

The assistant gulped, but stood her ground. "As I have said before, I am required to remain silent on the nature of our clientele. You know very well Tashina Khan that I cannot divulge any information."

Meruna almost ground her teeth in frustration, but that would have been a painful mistake and she had more self-control than that. Instead, she stood up, retreated a few steps, and then knelt down again, waiting to see who it was that was enforcing this dreadful waiting upon her.

Rhindeer

[It's okay, silly! <333 DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN THIS.]

No sooner has Meruna knelt when the doors opened, and none other than the Maharani, Yiroa Ruan, stepped out into the office, with the nervous flesh-sculptor fluttering behind her. Though Yiroa had been frequenting her business for years, the woman still stressed over every visit, desperate to get every detail right. And Yiroa had never seen fit to try to calm or reassure her. She did a fantastic job each and every time, and she saw no reason to let pride go to her head and make her lazy.

"You're pleased, Your Highness?" she asked, for not the first time. "If there are any adjustments that need making, it's honestly no trouble at all! The other appointments can wait.

Striding across the office to the large, full-length mirror there, Yiroa held up her own mirror and turned so she could see herself from behind, admiring her new waist line. That was a new addition; all that slaving away over documents and such had her sitting for long hours, and she feared she'd added a few inches. Now they were gone, just like her wrinkles. Ah, she loved this woman.

"Mm, it'll do for now," she said. "But as you know, I've got business to attend to, and I wouldn't dream of keeping others waiting." Though, of course, she was quite aware that she had. This had been an emergency visit, and the flesh sculptor had squeezed her in between appointments.

With a smile, Yiroa handed the woman back her mirror. "I'll see you again next week at the usual ti--"

She cut off, because it was then that she noticed that it wasn't just an assistant kneeling in the room.

But a Khan.

"Tashina Khan," she said, blanching but forcing a smile despite that. "What a pleasure to see you. Here."

Oh Inima. She had managed to keep these trips a secret until now!
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Alegretto

Tashina was immensely surprised by the answer to her question. The Maharani herself used the same flesh sculptor. The Khan was frankly shocked. Why would the Maharani use this little-known practitioner... But of course she knew the answer. It was the same reason Tashina herself came here, to avoid this exact kind of situation.

The political wheels in Tashina's mind churned even as her social reflexes took over. The Khan quickly stood and inclined her head, perhaps you could call it a bow, out of respect. "Your Highness," Tashina spoke, her head still down, "it is indeed a pleasure, and a surprise as well. I would never have thought that we had such similar needs."

Indeed thought Tashina wryly, it was just another line on a list of similarities that the small woman could observe between herself and the current Maharani. From their severe expectations to their skill in entropymancy, Tashina observed many likenesses, and had heard other Khans remark on them as well.

This left Tashina in a, well, awkward position. After all, would the Khans vote in two very similar women subsequently to the office of Manarani? The way Tashina saw it, she had one hope. If Ruan's administration was popular and effective enough, than maybe the Khans would vote her in next in hopes of continuing such prosperity.

And with that in mind, there was almost no political value, to Meruna at least, in the knowledge that the Maharani went to a flesh sculptor. She almost sighed. It was such a juicy tibit too.

Still, the situation could be advantageous. After all, what better time was there to chat with and make nice with the Maharani herself?

Tashina gave the Ruan a conspiratorial smile, though the effect was slightly ruined by Tashina's filed teeth. "She really is the best, isn't she? Makes the wrinkles just disappear." However, even as she spoke, she couldn't help but wonder how much of her thinking was transparent to the Maharani. Ruan was a perceptive woman, there wasn't a Khan in Thanatos who didn't know that, and Tashina the uncomfortable feeling that perhaps her own thoughts were not unfamiliar to Ruan...

Rhindeer

Yiroa's lips gave a subtle twitch at that remark. 'I would never have thought that we had such similar needs.' What was that supposed to mean? It could easily be interpreted as a compliment or sarcasm--she was a woman nearing her sixth decade, after all!--but she chose, for the sake of politics and politeness, to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"She is, but don't let her know that," Yiroa answered with a sly smile. "She works harder when she's scraping for your approval. If you can find a way to balance the right amount of praise with criticism, you'll get far more than your money's worth."

Her smile grew. "She's a perfectionist," she said. "Prey on that."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Alegretto

Meruna almost felt a shiver go up her spine but she suppressed it. "I will keep it in mind, your highness." The Khan turned to where the sculptor stood in waiting. "Well I am already late for my session, and I have a dinner scheduled after this. I pray that you will forgive the brevity of our conversation, and I hope that we will meet again before too long."

So saying, the Khan offered a quick bow before retreating to the flesh sculptor's studio. As she walked, she couldn't help but get the feeling that she would be running into the Maharani again before too long, but that was ridiculous. There was nothing to base that feeling off of!

Still, it nagged away at her...

((OOC: Wink wink, nudge nudge :P))

Rhindeer

Several days later, Yiroa was attending a ceremony celebrating the ascension of a notable new Maoin. Apparently, this one had proven popular even long before his graduation--he already had a wait list! It was only fitting that she attend the graduation of what was destined to be one of the most successful Maoin, and the feasting and cavorting went long into the night, with the young Maoin giving several performances showcasing his many skills. There seemed to be little he hadn't mastered!

He had just finished an elaborate fan dance, and Yiroa had just taken a long sip of rice wine, when she just about choked on it. She had been so distracted with the dance she had completely missed it! Because there, sitting across the way from her, was none other than Meruna Tashina.

I seem to be seeing a lot more of her lately... she thought, and finished off her wine while pretending not to have noticed her.