Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Wishing Well [open]

Started by Ethereal-Star, December 25, 2014, 07:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

"A testy exile too." Hazel commented and kept on badgering him. "Things not go so good for exile on the run?"

Wicked Basket

"Shut up," Tien shouted. "I'm not an exile!"

Kriv

"What are you then?" Tiar asked with genuine curiosity, "a slave on the run, a man just simply down on his luck," He continued. "A refugee maybe?"

Wicked Basket

"I'm none of your business," Tien replied. "Why don't you just go back to sleep and mind your own business?"

Ethereal-Star

"Ooh, a guessing game is it?" Hazel clapped excitedly. "Exile, runaway slave, unlucky man, or refugee? Which could he be, I wonder, yes I do!! Hehe!" She danced around a little ways away from Silver Hair, enjoying taunting him for all she was worth.

"Who's afraid of the big bad exile, the big bad exile...Not me, not me!"

Wicked Basket

"That's because you don't know what it's like," Tien shouted at the top of his lungs. "You don't know what's like to lose everything! You don't what it's like living day-by-day WISHING THAT YOU WOULD JUST DIE ALREADY!!!"

Ethereal-Star

"Then you need wishing well, hehe! But too bad the spirit's out today, yes she is!" Hazel pranced around some more, not deterred at all by his shouting. "Me go back to well in meantime, get away from shouting man who got too tight a wedgie. Yes, I go back to well..."

And with that, the fairy jumped on top of the brick edge and fluttered down to the black depths. Some shuffling could then be heard before all went quiet. For now anyway.

Kriv

"If you wan't a war, then let it start right here" Tiar quoted, "She is currently occuping what you need, so if you wish to get anywhere, you need to be kind to her." He advised from within his tent.

Wicked Basket

"If I wanted your opinion I would have asked for it," Tien replied.

Ethereal-Star

"What orcy-elf said, yes, yes!" Hazel poked her head up out of the well, yellow eyes gleaming with fey delight.

The fairy then dropped back down into the blackness once more and contemplated on what other kind of excitement she could have. She had thought maybe she could pickpocket Silver Hair but from what he said, Hazel gathered he didn't have much of interest to pickpocket anyhoo. Not that she wouldn't give whatever it was back but not before having some fun with it. But apparently, that option was not available at the moment. Most unfortunate it was. Perhaps she could pickpocket orcy-elf boy instead. But the fairy would wait until he was sound asleep.

Hazel huffed and trotted over to a particularly interesting looking object when the sound of another being fluttering its wings was then heard inside the well's depths. "Hazel, what are you doing here?" A new voice sounded nearby the mischievous fairy. Hazel spun around and saw that the spirit of the well had returned, an elder Fae being wearing white with silver wings and yellow hair wearing a silver jewel on her forehead. The spirit looked around and asked, "And what happened to Aelfyn?"

"Sylvana, you return back to well! Um, me thought you were gone for another half day?" Hazel asked somewhat uncomfortably.

"Yes, I returned, sooner than expected." Sylvana looked around a bit more then eyed Hazel with suspicion. "Again, where is Aelfyn? He was supposed to guard the well in my absence. Or did you scare him away again?" she asked the other fey with a disapproving tone.

Hazel shuffled her feet a little. "Um, me may have done that. But he such a party pooper, yes? And scaredy-fairy too!"

Sylvana sighed in exasperation. "Hazel, you know very well that I appointed him to this task while I was away on some official business. I don't appreciate you scaring away my assistant! It's bad for business!" Then in a slightly calmer voice, "Where did he go, perchance?"

Hazel shrugged. "Um, me not know? He go where ever he go."

"That's not helpful and you know it, Hazel." The spirit sighed again and said, "I'll take it from here now. Please go and have some fun elsewhere, alright?"

"Blah, I go and do as spirit asks. But still some fun to be had nearby." And with that, the butterfly fairy flew out of the well, off to a section of trees in the vicinity and perched on a branch, watching the proceedings in the clearing with playful eyes.

The spirit of the well then proceeded to do her well duties then, perching in her chosen spot down below. The sound of a bell was then clearly heard as it indicated the magic well was open for business once again.

Wicked Basket

Tien lifted his head when he heard a bell. Did that mean the well was working again? Getting to his feet, Tien approached the well. Surely that's what it meant. Tien pulled a coin out of his pocket, but got no further. He simply stared at the small metallic circle in his hand. What should he say? What could he wish for? All this trouble finding the stupid well and he had no idea what to do now that he had found it. Tien stood in quiet contemplation of what he would ask the well for.

Kriv

"Finally." Tiar muttered as he exited from his tent. His heart was set on returning home, but his mid told him otherwise. He could accomplish  several things at once here. He thought on it, then came to a conclusion. He walked to the well and emptied a large sack of coins into it. "I wish for the power of teleportation." He said with a smug grin.

Ethereal-Star

First it seemed as if nothing happened, then a glow of energy surrounded Tiar for a few seconds before a Fae voice sounded in his head stating, "Use this power once to return home and to see your family again. All you need do is close your eyes and think of your home, imagining being back there and it shall be done."

While the well granted his wish to an extent, it could only do so within reason as changing Tiar's fundamental nature was not within the well's capability.

Tags: