Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Is it too much to ask for a normal day? (Tj, M!)

Started by thehiddenbeast13, January 08, 2015, 02:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thehiddenbeast13

The forest seemed oddly quiet this time of year, the temperature was starting to drop and the animals  were slowly disappearing to hibernate. The trees were soon dropping their leaves as they always do this time of year to accommodate for the cold.

This silence was soon broken when a weary looking man walked along, his massive axe dragging across the ground. He seemed to be your average person. He had very hairy arms and legs with a large beard that covered his chin. He carried a large broadsword and the massive axe that was still dragging behind him. He simply walked without a care through the forest.

He turned his head slightly as he noticed a large boar also out at this time. He didn't know why it would be out in such conditions, but it was all the same to him as he took out his massive sword and stabbed the animal without the slightest bit of hesitation and dragged the carcass with him. He laughed for a moment and said,"Bastard didn't even have a chance to fight back."

He finally made it to what seemed like a clearing with a makeshift tarp and small campfire burning nearby. The man simply sat down and began to tear into the animal's skin with his sword and managed to yank out large masses of meat an organs from the animal's body before stabbing them through the small spit dangling above the fire and rotating it with extreme caution so he wouldn't burn his newest hunt. The man finally spoke again and said,"Maybe today will be just a regular day with no problems."

Vyraena

Sinestra was walking through the forest, looking for some food for Nightfang. So far, she had no luck. The forest seemed to be completely empty. All the animals were gone, and not a sound could be heard, other than Nightfang's occasional howling and the crunch of dry sticks and leaves under Sinestra's boots.

After what felt like an eternity, Nightfang finally picked up his pace, running over to a spot on the forest floor where there was a small puddle of fresh blood. Apparently someone, or something, had made a kill. Nightfang howled again once he caught the scent of blood. It had been around a day since his last big meal, and Sinestra knew she would have to find him something to eat soon.

Whatever it was that had made the kill appeared to have dragged the body across the ground, for a small trail of blood was distinguishable on the forest floor. Nightfang started to follow the trail, with Sinestra close behind. After around ten or so minutes, the popped out into a clearing in the forest, and noticed what seemed to be a hastily constructed camp. Sinestra approached silently, noticing a man huddled around the fire. She wanted to get as close as possible before deciding on an action.

However, when she began to get close, she stepped on a twig, and it made a loud snap! sound. It was definitely loud enough to draw the attention of whoever was at the fire. She would wait to see how they reacted, and if she would need to turn it into a conflict, before she would draw an arrow from her quiver. She preferred to solve things peacefully when she could.

thehiddenbeast13

The man continued to turn the piece of meat until he heard a loud snapping sound. He looked around for a moment trying to see what had caused the noise, but couldn't find the source. He then reached for his axe and kept a close eye on the wooded area near him.

Finally, his meat had finished and was a golden brown, charred a little around the edge. He looked at the meat and yanked it off of the spit and simply tore the meat right from the bone with his teeth and began to munch away at the meat. He hadn't noticed Sinestra or Nightfang yet, but kept his eyes focused at the nearby wooded area in case anything came he way he would be ready for it.

Vyraena

Moving out from the comfort of the shadows, Sinestra approached the man with Nightfang by her side. She didn't really have any set purpose in mind, but she needed to find Nightfang a meal. This man obviously was able to find some form of meat, and if worst came to worst... well, he was meat.

Sinestra walked forward with a kind expression on her face and a bright smile. "This is quite the lonely setup you have here, now isn't it? Care for some company?"

thehiddenbeast13

The man was a little surprised by the dark elf that had just come out from the wooded area and asked if he would like her company. The man simply shrugged and said,"If you'd want to..." He then continued to eat his meat as if nothing had even happened. He then added,"Help yourself." He kept eating and chewing his meat as he moved his massive axe out of the way to make room for his new companions.

Vyraena

That went better than expected... Sinestra thought as she approached the fire.

Sinestra took a seat on the other side of the fire from him, and Nightfang took his place by her side, resting his head on her lap. Sinestra took a piece of meat and fed it to Nightfang, who gobbled it down quickly. She didn't take any for herself, however. She could wait longer to be able to find her own food later.

"That's kind of you. Come here often?"

thehiddenbeast13

The man simply let himself relax and said,"eh, just we I need a good ol' hunt."

The man seemed to be relaxing a little too much. In a matter of moments a large bull like tail dropped out from his shirt and dropped onto the ground and stayed motionless. He then draped his arms around the back of his head like cushions and said,"It feels good to relax once in a while."

Vyraena

"A good hunt would be a bit of an exaggeration today." Sinestra said with a sly smile. "There seems to be almost nothing left in the forest."

thehiddenbeast13

The man stood up for a moment and said,"Well, that's what makes it a little more fun to hunt at this time." He stretched a little and he tail cracked around a little while he did so. He then added,"Makes it all the more fun."

Vyraena

Noticing his tail, Sinestra leaned back and crossed her legs. "That's interesting. I can't say most men I've seen had tails."

thehiddenbeast13

The man chuckled and said,"Who knows, maybe I'm not a man." With that he simply sat back down and started to eat his meat again.

Vyraena

"Oh?" Sinestra said with her typical sly smile. "And what might you be, exactly?"

thehiddenbeast13

"A Minotaur perhaps," the man spoke, "Who knows what I am..." from there two large, blood tipped horns grew from his head, seeming from nowhere.

Vyraena

Sinestra laughed. "I would suppose you know what you are. If not, you may want to inquire into that."

thehiddenbeast13

The minotaur simply laughed and continued to eat his meat. He simply continued to tare into his meat and hardly noticed Nightfang and said,"Who's that little savage?"

Vyraena

"Who, Nightfang?" Sinestra said casually. "He's my wolf. It's been, what, one hundred or so years that we've been together now?"

thehiddenbeast13

"Well, you're both pretty old then," he said with a laugh, "A couple more hundred years and you might of seen the birth of dirt, or have you already seen it!" He continued his laughing at snickering at his clever little joke.

Vyraena

"Actually, I'm quite young for my race." Sinestra said with a smile. "I have a few hundred years left to go."

thehiddenbeast13

The minotaur laughed and said,"Whatever you want to believe." He calmed down enough to realize that he was in his full minotaur form. He could even see his golden nose ring sticking out, but he felt a lot more comfortable like this.

Vyraena

"So, minotaur." Sinestra said. "Do you have a name?"