Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Terrifying Duo [M for blood and violence] [Vyraena]

Started by Ethereal-Star, January 08, 2015, 06:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

In the woodlands and mountainous regions of the Sirantil Valley, a lone traveler could be seen making his way through the area, stopping every now and then to take a swig from his waterskin before continuing on. The man was somewhat stocky and hairy, with bulging arms and legs and a wide girth, sporting the beginnings of a beard and gray starting to color his hair at the temples. He wore a worn leather outfit with gauntlets around his biceps and carried a short sword that had seen better days as it was slightly rusty but could still deal damage to anyone deemed a threat.

It was dusk, quickly turning into night as the man stopped at a river to refill his waterskin. As he was bending down to do exactly that, a sudden blur of movement like a black shadow moved across his line of vision. Before he could fathom what was happening or use his sword to attack, whatever it was had roughly grabbed him, red nails gouging into his skin and sharply twisting his neck at a most uncomfortable angle but not enough to snap it. The man cried out in alarm but was quickly silenced as his mouth was covered and the shadow sank her fangs into his neck where the main artery was and began drinking deeply of his blood. She drank and drank until she had her fill, the man now dead and completely drained of all blood.

With a satisfied sigh, blood dripping down her crimson lips, the vampire unceremoniously dropped the corpse onto the ground with a dull thump! The man, now pale and white as death itself had an expression of horror and fear permanently etched on his features. A beautiful work of art, Laetitia thought with amusement and a sick sense of pleasure. She rather thought that was a fine meal and by the darkness had she been hungry! Somewhat sated, her hunger temporarily abated (for the moment anyway), she then roughly kicked the corpse into the river and cackled a chilling laugh.

The vampire squatted down to examine the dull sword the victim had carried, before kicking that into the river too with a huff of disgust. "Useless piece of garbage, that. It obviously didn't do him any good." With that she laughed again and licked her lips of the remaining drops of blood, savoring the coppery flavor it gave. Fear always made the blood taste richer and more fulfilling. Laetitia had been ravenous, more so than usual and after the hunt earlier in the eve with her crew of vamps she found it did little to quench her thirst for blood. So while most of her crew of 'vampies' were sleeping, Laetitia decided to go out and find more food for herself. Her eyes still retained a deep black color, slowly returning to their normal hue of cold gray as the exhilaration of the hunt wore off.

Smoothing out her ebony-colored dress, Laetitia made to return back to her home turf, a cave situated on the outskirts of Connloath its entrance hidden by trailing vines and gnarled weeds which covered it like a fine curtain of wild growth. It was the perfect place to set up camp and to hunt, remote enough but not too remote. As she was making her way there with silent steps, her head snapped up in attention, gray-black eyes quickly scanning and sniffing out her surroundings. She detected a creature nearby, non-human. What it was she couldn't rightly say. Standing still and quiet, she positioned herself carefully, stretching her senses outward and awaiting for whatever it was to make itself known.

Vyraena

Kiri'zhu had been waiting in the tree for some time now, and when the man had finally made his way to the river, she was getting ready to drop down and strike. However, before she got a chance to move, what appeared to be a vampire had taken a hold of the man and killed him, drinking up the blood that granted him life.

Kiri was agitated, but no matter. She could find another human to hunt down easy enough. That wasn't the problem at all. The problem was when this vampire lady stopped and began to look up towards the sky. It was clear she sensed Kiri's presence, and now Kiri had to introduce herself. After all, that would be the proper thing to do. This vampire had just stolen her kill, at least that's how it looked in her eyes, and she had wanted to confront her about it anyway.

Without dropping down from the tree, Kiri called out to the woman. "Well now, that was quite an impressive display. I had hoped to take him for myself, but I suppose things don't always work out how you plan."

Her tail was wrapped around the branch to keep her balance, and her black wings were folded neatly behind her back. Soulsong, her scythe, was being held idly in her left hand, the blade hanging down below the branch. "So tell me, what brings you here?"

Ethereal-Star

When the voice spoke from in the tree, Laetitia's head immediately turned in that direction seeing the demoness sitting on a tree branch, her scythe hanging down from below her perch. The vampire regarded the demon with careful, observant eyes. When she asked her question, Laetitia sneered and hissed, "Isn't that obvious why I'm here?"

She looked at the other creature with a dark gaze, recognizing another hunter like herself. "If you're angry about not getting a chance to off him yourself, save your breath. He was there and I got to him first. And as you said, things don't always work out the way we plan." Laetitia smiled coldly.

Vyraena

"Angry? Oh, not at all. It was quite the show." Kiri said with a grin. She dropped down out of the tree, scythe in hand, and unfurled her wings so that she would gracefully land on her feet. "Though I suppose now I will need to find another kill."

Kiri's tail moved from side to side behind her as she talked, and her wings had folded up neatly behind her back again.

Ethereal-Star

"I'm so pleased I was able to provide some entertainment then." the vampire said a bit sarcastically, her eyes now having fully returned to their normal gray color. She smiled a sinister smile, remembering the thrill of the chase. Ah, she would never get tired of that, the chase and the immense fun that it provided her. "Well, plenty of walking meals about these parts. It is completely their fault if they do not possess the smarts to stay indoors. Although, that may not always help them either." she laughed wickedly, eyes agleam.

The vampire sniffed the air then, sensing two more potential victims in their midst. Raising a finger to her lips, she gestured for the demoness to remain silent and still as she honed her senses again, listening intently. She soon pinpointed the exact spot the newcomers were arriving in, headed straight for them but still a ways away. "Two more soon to be dead bodies." she quietly whispered to the scythe-wielding demon girl and quickly made to hide in the shadows, awaiting their approach before making her move.

Vyraena

Kiri silently flew back to her position in the tree, wrapping her tail around the branch again. She would wait until the vampire lady made her move before she attacked in order to avoid complications.

In a few minutes, two human forms began to come into view, though Kiri still couldn't quite see if they were men or women. She licked her lips at the thought of the kill and let Soulsong hang idly in her hand. At least this time, there were enough people for each of them.

Ethereal-Star

When the two figures came into view, the vampire could see that it was a young man and young woman walking together holding hands. Probably looking to spend some alone time together. How quaint. Laetitia thought and sneered at them, still watching until they got close enough.

The two of them stopped and then they began to kiss each other under the cover of the trees. Now was the perfect time to strike. And with that, Laetitia leaped out of the shadows of the shrubbery, quicker than the eye could follow, like a tiger lunging for its prey and promptly grabbed the young man before the two of them knew what was happening. She immediately sank her fangs in his neck and met the eyes of the terrified girl who had started screaming. Laetitia used her Fear Gaze on the girl as she drank her lover's life blood, and the young woman stood still like a statue, frozen in shock and fear unable to move or flee.

Laetitia bit down harder on the man's neck, relishing the rich flow of sweetness that poured into her mouth, her eyes once more turning a darkened, almost black color. He hung limply while she fed. Laetitia was aware of the demoness and her actions as well but chose to focus primarily on the target in her clutches. It was turning out to be a most glorious night.

Vyraena

Kiri dropped down and walked up to the woman. After walking up to her from the front so that she could take a good look at Kiri, she moved to the the side and leaned in to whisper in the woman's ear. "I suppose that leaves you to me."

Loosening her grip on the scythe so that the blade just barely dragged on the ground, Kiri began to laugh. "It must be so unfortunate, having to watch the one you love slowly die. Luckily, he won't have to share the same fate."

With one quick swing, the scythe cut the woman in two across her abdomen. As her legs slumped to the ground, and the top half of her body fell, they began to disappear from the physical world. Her life essence and soul had been drained by the scythe, and nothing remained of her except for the blood on the blade of Soulsong.

Ethereal-Star

Laetitia continued drinking the man's blood, his eyes rolled back in his head from extreme blood loss. She reveled in the taste, the freedom, the power of being a hunter in the dark. It would never get tiring for this vampire. When the girl was obliterated by the demon girl's scythe, Laetitia's eyes gleamed wickedly as she enjoyed the destruction and violence the two of them were causing.

Finally, she finished her meal once more letting the body fall to the ground gracelessly as she licked her lips, her fangs glistening red in the moonlight. "Now, that was truly exciting." Laetitia licked her fingers of a stray drop of blood that had fallen on her hand and then chuckled darkly. "A shame it ended though."

Vyraena

Kiri licked the blood off the blade of the scythe, then looked at the vampire with a grin on her face. "It never lasts long, unfortunately. Unless you drag it out to enjoy their torment."

Kiri took a step forward towards the body on the ground, still able to detect his soul. Smiling, she looked at the vampire again, before looking down at the body. "You don't mind if I claim that one, do you?"

Ethereal-Star

"By all means." Laetitia gestured a red-nailed hand out toward the man's body. "I am finished with him anyway. And it was very delicious." she breathed in the last remaining scent of his blood, her eyes still a dark grayish-black, theirs depths speaking of untold vileness and blood lust.

She glanced upwards at the night sky. "The night is still young, and for some reason the last three kills have only made me crave more. Death is a beautiful thing, especially when I am the one delivering it!" she laughed cruelly, looking down at the remaining body once last time before the demoness did away with it for good.

Vyraena

Kiri sliced the man's head off, cutting clean through the base of the neck. As soon as the head was separated from the body, it began to disappear, being drawn to Soulsong. "I think I enjoy the screaming of their souls the most. Mortals make the most beautiful symphonies when they die."

Ethereal-Star

The vampire chuckled darkly. "They most certainly do." she agreed. Laetitia listened around her, honing her senses again to see if she detected any more meat walking their way. So far, nothing else was heard. Slightly disappointed, she turned to the demoness. "Well, as enjoyable as this little rendezvous is turning out to be, the area is quiet for now. I am to travel further east to see about what else I can hunt down. Unless you wish to join me?" she grinned wickedly, awaiting the other hunter's response.

"In the meantime, my crew know how to behave themselves. There shouldn't be any attempts on their part to go off on their own. They know better than that."

Vyraena

Kiri considered her choices, then with a grin met eyes with the vampire. "I don't typical hunt with others, but a change of pace could be fun. I only have one condition."

She swung her scythe around and then planted the blade in the ground. "You can feed first, but I get to finish them off so I can claim their souls."

Ethereal-Star

"Done." Laetitia agreed. "So, shall we move onwards?" The anticipation of more death and destruction was making the vampire quite eager to kill again.

Leaving the area they were in, the scent of death still lingering behind them the duo continued on, vampiress and demoness in the night truly a force to be reckoned with. Any in their path who opposed them would quickly wish they hadn't.

Vyraena

"You said before you had a crew." Kiri said as she idly swung her scythe back and forth in front of her. "What exactly does that entail?"

Ethereal-Star

"Other vampires." Laetitia answered quite simply, while continuing to keep her eyes and ears peeled for any more potential food. Still nothing.

"My crew of vamps are loyal to me and if any of them misbehave, they are promptly punished. I provide them with what they need, but overall, I decide what to do and when to do it." Glancing to the side a bit still listening, she went on to say, "For the time being, they are back at home turf and they know not to venture out unless I tell them otherwise. They essentially are mine to control."

Vyraena

"Interesting." Kiri said as she thought about what she was just told. "I would have assumed most others who hunt like us would find it more beneficial to work alone."

Ethereal-Star

"I used to hunt alone." Laetitia admitted. "Once upon a time, that is. But times change. Needless to say, my crew wasn't always with me. I sired each and every one of them, making them who they are today. They are loyal to me because of this." Laetitia checked over to the left side of her, eyes piercing into the shadows there to see if anything stirred beyond.

"While there have been a couple of them I had to do away with, the rest follow me knowing what will occur if they try to leave. After all, having a group to hunt with has its uses." the vampire smiled evilly. "For one thing, it allows me to attack more prey at once, and to have a larger feeding ground. There's a lot to be said for feeding on mages as well. Their blood is fueled with magic and the taste is most exquisite!" Laetitia breathed in deep, as though she were experiencing said taste all over again. "The element of surprise is greatly heightened when there are more of us." the vampiress explained.

Vyraena

"I would never need a crew of my own. For one, I can't simply create other demons like me." Kiri said with a grin. "Also, I can already handle large groups, as well as mages, although they are slightly more difficult than small groups and lone people."

She swung her scythe out of boredom. "Soulsong is all I truly need."