Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Sun Bathing [Wicked Basket/Bleeding Phoenix]

Started by Ethereal-Star, January 14, 2015, 08:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bleeding Phoenix

Dulcian's lips drew back in a grin, this time one that exposed his fangs. "Oh, I don't think you sell my kind of provisions," he said.  "You'd spill it all."

Wicked Basket

(OOC Blackheart is not that stupid. Plus, the pirates carry her hadn't put her down.)

Bleeding Phoenix

(OOC: Fair enough, though I figured the NPCs were as it hadn't been mentioned. Either way I'll modify it; when in doubt, throw it out, as they say.)

Bleeding Phoenix

(OOC: And modified! Sorry for holdin' up the thread with my mispost.)

Wicked Basket

(OOC It's fine. That ending was just so anticlimactic. :P )

"Ye don't scare me," Blackheart said. "Now let's go. Hand over your valuables or I'll just loot your corpses."

Bleeding Phoenix

(OOC: I was banking on a chase sequence, but I still probably should've mentioned that OOC first.)

"You don't scare me either, and I know you better than you know me." Dulcian shrugged. "You and I both know there'd be no corpses to loot." 

Ethereal-Star

Meanwhile, Turquoise just stared at the blonde-haired man when he exposed his fangs. What exactly was he? she wondered, starting to become scared. The mermaid didn't know what this creature wanted with her and the thought of getting help from the group started to fade as uncertainty set in.

Threats were exchanged between the two men and Turquoise shifted uncomfortably as best she could being tied up and all. She didn't know what was going to happen and she was in no position to do anything about it either. All she could do was watch to see what would happen.

Wicked Basket

"A lot of people know," Blackheart replied. "They're scared to death of me, and rightfully so. So what makes ye think I won't be shooting you within the next five seconds, exactly?"

Bleeding Phoenix

Dulcian sensed the maiden's fear, though there was next to nothing he could do about it right now. In the long term, he was certain the joy of regaining her freedom would far outweigh any present discomfort the sight of his fangs might cause.

"You could. It wouldn't profit you though. At this moment, I assume you've more valuables on you than we do," he said to Blackheart. "I was on the beach, not getting ready for a formal gala. Until ten minutes ago I wasn't even wearing a shirt. And what use has a vampire for carrying his wealth around?"

He shrugged again. "Furthermore, if you took anything from us you'd need to outrun horses and more to keep it, and with a mermaid in tow no less. But if you show a little patience and trade with me you could go about your business unopposed by us and unburdened of her."

Wicked Basket

"Ye just said you have no wealth you," Blackheart replied keeping his pistol on Dulcian. "So how do ye expect to pay for her."

Ethereal-Star

Turquoise watched the scene with great interest and mild apprehension. She wasn't familiar with what a vampire was, there was nothing like that under the waves where she called home. The mermaid still wondered what this person wanted with her and hoping against hope he and his group would have the kindness to let her go. These pirates most definitely did not possess that sort of kindness or she wouldn't have been in this situation to begin with.

Her posture became anxious when Blackheart trained his weapon on the vampire again. He looked as though he were ready to attack at any moment. And any possible chance of Turquoise being released would be gone if the others were killed or injured.

The sea maiden thought about using her tail to flick the weapon out of the captain's hands but that also was not possible because not only was she tied up, the captain was too far out of reach for her to attempt this daring feat. Turquoise wanted to say something, but didn't know what, so she kept quiet for now, still watching. Still hoping.

Bleeding Phoenix

"True. I also mentioned showing patience," Dulcian said. "We have several options. If you insist on currency, those provisions we're awaiting are due to arrive today. Were I to send a messenger now I could have a favour called in and see gold delivered with them."

He glanced at his companions on horseback. "Alternatively, if you've any weakened or injured crewmen we can restore them to full strength, or if you need the help of an animal of some kind it could easily be arranged."

Sometimes, he wished he were free to "pay" someone like Blackheart by letting him live. Most of his people believed bullying to be counterproductive in the long run, but Dulcian sometimes suspected it was the only language bullies understood. He'd never honestly gotten to try it and see for himself, after all. His culture, his clan and his parents' values were too important to him to risk crossing that line.

"On the other hand, if you are interested in magical artifacts, we could bargain without any hurry."

Wicked Basket

Blackheart lowered his pistol, but still kept it in his hand.

"What kind of magical artifacts," he asked.

Ethereal-Star

Turquoise breathed a sigh of relief when the captain lowered his weapon. Anxiously, she looked back toward the blonde vampire to see what else he would say. If luck were on her side, she would be free before the day were over.

Bleeding Phoenix

"Well, if treasure's your aim, perhaps your best bet are the birds. Animated statues of gold, platinum and various gems."

Before explaining further he looked over at the horseman to his left, who was smiling broadly. "They can fly indefinitely without sustenance or rest, and return to the whoever holds the mark of their ownership without failure no matter how he or she travels. Each can sense the material it is made of as well as an array of expensive spices and commodities- liquor, fine cloth, even poisons and drugs."

Looking back to Blackheart, he added, "There are no other such birds in existence, individually nor in sets."

Wicked Basket

"Do ye thinks I'm daft," Blackheart said angrily. "Your stories don't mean a damn thing. If such birds exist, then bring me one. Until then, the girl stays with me."

Ethereal-Star

At the mention of treasure and sparkly gems, Turquoise's eyes gleamed in delight, but that fascination was quickly squashed as she once again, remembered where she was and the current situation. Holding her breath in anticipation, she waited to see what the vampire would say next. If these golden and jeweled birds did exist, then surely that would be more than enough to satisfy the captain's greed and let her go! Turquoise could only hope.

Tags: