Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Mischief Managed [Klezmer]

Started by Ethereal-Star, January 20, 2015, 11:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

@Klezmer Gryphon

Chestnut trotted down the streets of La'marri, having just recently returned from the nearby Niahi Woods. He liked to go there a lot to chat with those who dwelt there, that of fey, animals and travelers alike. The unicorn also enjoyed galloping through the forests, running freely with the wind in his light blue mane, enjoying the life that was given him many untold centuries ago. It was majestic really. Quite like himself he was unashamed to admit.

Neighing softly, he passed many village folk going about their daily lives, dipping his head at them in greeting as he merrily walked on anxious to see what the afternoon would bring. "Top o' the day to you, sir. Top o' the day to you, ma'am." he quipped to those he saw.

On his way past the tavern, he saw a fellow he had seen several times before, but hadn't really talked with much. Chestnut figured that ought to be changed. And so the unicorn trotted up to the gryphon with glowing neon-green eyes and gray feathers and said to him, "Greetings, sir gryphon with the glowing eyes. What's the story behind that if I should so boldly ask? After all, I do not believe that to be a natural trait of gryphons, nay? Nay, nay?" Laughing softly, Chestnut awaited the other creature's inevitable response to his rather blunt questioning, eyes glimmering in mirth.

Klezmer Gryphon

The streets of La'Marri bustled and hustled around Haluk as the gryphon made his way through the town. He only had a small list of people he wanted to prank that morning. Let's see... The blacksmith... That one shopkeeper, and...

His train of thought drifted off into oblivion as something else caught his attention; the local unicorn trotting down the street. Haluk had seen him around town, and thought about pranking him a few times, but never worked up the nerve to pull anything. Might've been the horn, or just the sheer size of the creature. So when the unicorn started speaking to him, the gryphon was at a loss of words for the moment.

"Well... Umm...." he said nervously, not quite sure how to explain his condition. While Haluk certainly enjoyed using his glowing eyes (and glowing tongue, but the unicorn didn't know about that yet), talking about how they began to glow wasn't exactly his favorite topic.

Ethereal-Star

"Oh wow, such a fascinating story!" Chestnut commented with a grin. "The story of ummmm...."

The unicorn laughed a bit before he apologized. "I am merely jesting with you, sorry. My name is Chestnut, unicorn of majestic wonder and joker extraordinaire! Say, you look like the prankster type if my eyes do not deceive me. Am I right, sir Gryphon with the glowing eyes?" Chestnut's own eyes held in them a light of both laughter and plain silliness at that moment, tossing his head about in a very silly way.