Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

7 Deadly Sins Type Plot?

Started by Ethereal-Star, February 09, 2015, 09:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Here's an idea for a group plot that involves the seven deadly sins in popular myth and folklore. How about through some method, whether a magical object or a being of chaos that just wants to ruin people's lives, characters are infected with one of the seven deadly sins. So in other words, this sort of plot would need 7 willing victims, I mean characters :D where each one is possessed by the energies of a certain sin. The list is as follows.

1. Lust
2. Gluttony
3. Greed
4. Sloth
5. Wrath
6. Envy
7. Pride

One sin per character so for example character A would be infected with Lust, character B with Gluttony, character C with Greed, and so on and so forth. Now the interesting thing is, whatever sin you pick your character to become infected with has to already have had some influence on them normally. So for instance, a thief could have Greed, a whore could have Lust, an orc berserker could have Wrath and etc. Those attributes would simply be intensified to an extreme amount in the characters to become a dangerous obsession that could very well be their undoing if they do not find a cure, and soon.

So, who wants to infect a character with a sin? Come on, you know you want to...

Ethereal-Star

For my own character that will be infected with a sin, I am going to pick either Scarlet with Gluttony or Elowen with Wrath, so basically looking for six others to fill the other sinful roles. Scarlet would have Gluttony because she tends to be quite fun-loving and so the sin would simply exemplify this attribute in her to the point where she becomes a wild, and uncontrolled party-goer, dance until you die type thing, getting crazy drunk and all that. And Gluttony doesn't necessarily mean to overeat, but mainly to overdo which could include the former. Plus her honest streak would become amplified too, so basically she would pretty much say whatever is on her mind, without regards to her own safety even.

Or Elowen with Wrath, seeing as how she has a burning vengeance deep inside to hunt down demons which could easily become quite destructive. And very well lead to her getting killed or at least gravely wounded.

So with that said, the thread would take place in either Serendipity or Adela, depending on which character I bring in. Looking for six other characters to match the other sins. So if you have a thief character they could easily fill the role of Greed. A character with a jealous streak could fill the role of Envy. And so on. The idea being that through some magical means, they become infected with whatever sin caters most to their natural personality. There will be a cure, the story would conclude with this but the conflict is all about trying to find said cure while at the same time dealing with characters' destructive tendencies-both their own and the others too.

Just trying to explain this a bit better and hopefully garner some interest for this.

DaGlobster

I've got an interest in this! Perhaps I'll volunteer Elaros, my wandering nobleman, as the Lust sin embodiment, since he's pretty much already the embodiment of lust and passion.

Klezmer Gryphon

Hmmm.... This idea seems interesting... I might sign Lena up for greed, or maybe Haluk for something... Dunno about him yet...

Ethereal-Star

@DaGlobster
Yes, you can definitely bring in Elaros for the Lust Embodiment. Should prove interesting.

@Klezmer Gryphon
Lena would be excellent for the Greed sin, being a highway bandit. Not sure what part Haluk could play, except for perhaps Gluttony for mischief-seeking BUT I think I am going to bring Scarlet into the picture who already would have that role to play. Lena would be the better option I think.

That is if you guys don't mind this taking place in Kia's Court.

Klezmer Gryphon

Alright. That rules Haluk out since he lives in La'Marri. I think another candidate for this idea might be either Jean-Luc (see signature) or maybe Helvechar, who wanders all over the place.

Ein

I would love to let Beowulf represent either wrath or envy (like.. because everyone else got a head.. lol)

Ethereal-Star

@Klezmer Gryphon
Alright, I would say Jean-Luc would best fit Pride, or your wandering musician could be Wrath because of possible resentment and anger towards his father about his career. Your choice though.

@Ein
Beowulf would best fit Envy cuz as you said, everyone's got a firm head on their shoulders except him, which is definitely something to be envious about.  :P

So, if the above is good we have the following roles mostly figured out. Scarlet gets Gluttony, Elaros gets Lust, Beowulf gets Envy, and depending on which character Klez brings in, we'll also have either Pride or Wrath. Which leaves only Sloth, Greed and whichever one Klezmer does not pick left up for grabs for others to jump in for this sinful delight of a thread. Sound alright?

DaGlobster

Sounds good. If Scarlet's getting Gluttony, then her and Elaros could probably have their two seperate sins constantly bouncing off of each other. I get the feeling that they'd probably get involved.

Ethereal-Star

I think so too. It also makes sense that their respective sins would feed off of each others' and lead to some interesting situations.  :P We shall see how it all plays out.

DaGlobster

Definitely. Are we going to wait for all slots to fill up before we start? Or are we going to hope the last couple of slots fill up as we go?

Ethereal-Star

I'd like to wait a bit, to see who else wants to join in. If not, then we can start the thread and maybe entice people that way when they actually see it in play.

Ethereal-Star

Bumping this up to see who else would like to join in and a note to @Klezmer Gryphon about what character you will bring into the story and his/her respective sin they will be infected with.

Openings still for Sloth and Greed and one more once I hear back from the above person.

Klezmer Gryphon

@Ethereal-Star
Sorry about the delay for a response. As it stands right now, I'm not entirely sure about which character I want to use, so for the moment, feel free to consider Wrath and Pride open. I'd rather you guys start without me than wait on a decision that will never come.

Ethereal-Star

Alright then, Klez. Thanks for letting us know.

So that means Sloth, Greed, Pride and Wrath are open for player characters while Gluttony, Lust and Envy are already taken. I might give this another few days and if no one else responds by then I think it best if we just start the thread anyway, and hope more will join.

Slithix

Slithix can be pride. For of course does he think very highly of himself and his abilities :) He is so confident however that he will not die in this plot that he has volunteered himself against my will!

Ethereal-Star

Neat! Thanks for the interest Slithix!

Here's what we got so far.
Scarlet-Gluttony
Elaros-Lust
Beowulf-Envy
Slithix-Pride
(open)-Greed
(open)-Sloth
(open)-Wrath

4 of 7 'positions' filled!

Ethereal-Star

Quote from: Slithix on February 13, 2015, 03:47:58 PM
Slithix can be pride. For of course does he think very highly of himself and his abilities :) He is so confident however that he will not die in this plot that he has volunteered himself against my will!

LOL. Although no characters will die in this thread but they might come close to it! Drama! Danger! Sin! Fun! Yar!

Slithix

Quote from: Ethereal-Star on February 13, 2015, 03:57:31 PM
LOL. Although no characters will die in this thread but they might come close to it! Drama! Danger! Sin! Fun! Yar!

This sounds really enjoyable and I can't wait to show of myself, I mean this thread ;)

Ethereal-Star

Your character's not infected yet, LOL.