Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

7 Deadly Sins Type Plot?

Started by Ethereal-Star, February 09, 2015, 09:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

@RogueDM
Perhaps Erin could start off with having resentment for cities and towns, thinking they're encroaching upon nature's rightful place in the world. Then from there it could grow into extreme ire and hate, where he becomes increasingly angry about this. So basically a tree-hugger gone extremist or something. Instead of simply hating civilization as Wrath is based on anger and frustrations. Might be splitting hairs here though, but yeah.

@Spicious
I like this idea. Only right now I can't think of all the details for how it could actually work in the thread. Like for example, who/what would dole out the seven heavenly virtues? An angelic being of some sort? That way we're going along the same lines of how the sins were given out with a demonic being doing such, and the angel/celestial being could counteract that when things get too destructive? Or some other route instead? Maybe they come across a 'heavenly sacred pool' of some sort that cures all unnatural ills, and each sin is dispelled by its opposite? Speaking of what would the sins' opposites all be? Greed's opposite for instance could be Selflessness, but then again what would Gluttony's opposite be? Moderation? Control? Wrath's could be Love or Peace, I think either one could work. Lust's would be Chastity. Need to put my thinking cap on here and brainstorm a bit. Also, would the virtues take the place of the sins, which would also have the effect of making characters OOC, and that's a no-no really. Or would it simply dispel the sin, getting it out of their system and revert them back to normal? This option sounds the best to me. The sacred pool idea may not be the most plausible as all infected characters would have to come across it at some point and that's leaving too much to chance. But yeah, the idea sounds really good.

RogueDM

@Ethereal-Star
I think it would change the character I built for him to be a tree-hugger in the protesting civilization sense. He tends to be a very amoral person; rather, his feelings are completely subconscious. Civilization bothers him not because he thinks it's morally wrong, but because he literally feels the world around him and feels suffocated and oppressed when the natural world is destroyed or buried. So, yeah, we could have him start out with a disdain, but I'd prefer it be less of a moral objection and more of a natural response to feeling suffocated and oppressed. Does that work for you?

Ethereal-Star

Okay so some more thoughts about the 7 Heavenly Virtues.

I'm listing first the sin, then the virtue which would counter it.

The Sin: Greed
The Virtue: Selflessness

The Sin: Gluttony
The Virtue: Control/Moderation

The Sin: Lust
The Virtue: Chastity

The Sin: Wrath
The Virtue: Love

The Sin: Envy
The Virtue: Acceptance

The Sin: Sloth
The Virtue: Motion/Accomplishment

The Sin: Pride
The Virtue: Humility

So there we go. The 'antidote' so to speak.

Ethereal-Star

That's no problem at all! Sorry, not trying to superimpose upon your character, just misunderstood I guess. So, yeah Wrath will work for him. Not sure if Ein is still here, but maybe she's just busy?

Arthuriel

I was assuming it would be an Angelic being, an archangel or something.

Ethereal-Star

Yeah, that sounds good. An archangel, duh.  ::) That would make the most sense.

Ethereal-Star

So, um....is this thread still going? Did people lose interest? LOL? ???

Ethereal-Star

Jounin64

Which are currently open because I've been thinking of making a glutton based character anyways lol

Ethereal-Star

Gluttony's already been taken by my character Scarlet. But Greed is still open. :D

Jounin64

Okay! I can make a greed but what about sloth though (I usually make greed like characters so I was hoping to do something different but that doesn't mean that I don't want to)

Ethereal-Star

@Jounin64
The sins already taken are: Gluttony, Pride, Lust and Wrath.
The sins not taken are Greed, Sloth and Envy.

So if you wanna make a sloth character, go for it! 8)

@DaGlobster @Slithix @RogueDM
This thread is still going, so respond whenever you get the chance to. I don't want this to die out. :(

And just so you all know, the antidote at the end (after enough damage has been caused and mayhem has ensued) will be the 7 Heavenly Virtues, as listed in a previous post. :D If for some reason, not all sins are 'filled' then I suppose that's how it will be and we can work with it. But hopefully more will join, and all sins are 'unleashed.'

Ethereal-Star

I hope we can continue this plot, or I'll just have to let it go. :(

Jounin64

Ethereal-Star

Great character! Perfect for sloth! Join in whenever you like. :)

Wicked Basket

I have a character, Drake Depraysie, who would be good for greed, I believe. He had his own father and older brother murdered so that he could take control of his father's company. You can find him in my character catalog. He's near the bottom of the list.

Ethereal-Star

Looks good to go, I say. I'll update the list again. Only one sin left for the taking!

Ethereal-Star

Sins Taken:
Gluttony
Lust
Pride
Wrath
Sloth
Greed

Sins Still Open:
Envy

I hope @Slithix and @RogueDM respond soon. Or at the least see this message. ;)

Ethereal-Star

Bumping this. Thread is still going. @Wicked Basket are you still interested in joining in with Drake for the role of greed? Let me know here or through a PM, thanks.

@Slithix @RogueDM ! Thread is still going, so hop back in whenever you're ready.

Wicked Basket

Oh, there's a thread up? I guess I didn't read far back enough in this thread. Or I'm dumb and missed, which is quite possible. :P

I'm on it!