Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Take me out to the ballgame~! [Spiiiiice!]

Started by Rhindeer, May 19, 2015, 01:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

"You missed on purpose!" Katxiel accused with a laugh as the heavy rubber ball deflected off the stone hoop and went rolling across the court. "That was totally on purpose! I've seen you make that shot a hundred times!"

Xiu jogged across the court and picked the ball back up. "You've also seen me miss a hundred times, I'm sure," he said, and tossed the ball her way. She caught it with a grunt as it thumped against her chest, and she saw the way he tensed as though afraid he'd thrown it too hard. "Sorry."

She waved away his concern. "Don't be," she said, and took aim for the hoop. "I'm not made of glass, you know! I actually like it when you try against me. It's not much fun when I always win." She tossed the ball, and missed by a wide margin. It didn't even hit the stone, and once again went rolling across the court.

Xiu retrieved it again. "Good shot!"

"I didn't even hit the rim!" Katxiel laughed and playfully bopped the side of his head. "I'm not going to get better if everyone keeps telling me I'm doing great when I'm not! Come on, tell me what I'm doing wrong."

Xiu gave her a look, eyebrows raised, and Katxiel had a feeling she knew what he was thinking. No one really liked to tell her what she was doing wrong, or that she was doing wrong at all. Not to say no one ever corrected her, but they tended to be very gentle about it as opposed to blunt. No one ever outright just told her she sucked at something.

He hedged, then cleared his throat. "Well, er...for starters, it might help if you throw the ball overhand, not underhand. You can guide it better that way. Not to say your way isn't good."

"What? Really?"

"Yeah, like this, see? You throw with this hand, and guide with the other." And he demonstrated, making the shot perfectly.

Katxiel stared. Not only had he just proven her point, that he was going easy on her, but she'd been throwing underhanded for years and no one had pointed that out. She caught the ball again when he tossed it to her.

"Give it a try," he suggested.

Katxiel did, her arms straining from the new position, for the ball was several pounds and she had to use different muscles. But when she threw the ball this time, she at least hit the stone, right by the opening of the hoop.

She rubbed her skinny arms after. "Oof, that'll take some getting used to! But that is way better. Now stop missing shots and let's do this for real, okay? Let's start over!"

For they weren't playing the ballgame for real, but were just shooting hoops, playing a simple game where each successful shot brought them from one side of the hoop to the other, step by step, each step representing the name of one of their gods. Whoever successfully completed the pantheon first, won the game.

And as usual, Xiu got about halfway through before he began to miss his shots, claiming his arms were getting tired. Katxiel suspected he was just trying to let her catch up, for she'd only made two shots thus far.

"Xiuuuu!" she sighed in exasperation as she readied her next shot. "Don't do that! It makes me try harder when you're beating me, you know! You're going to make me lazy!" And she tossed the ball--and hit the rim harder than intended.

It bounced, ricocheting off the stone, and would have struck Xiu's head if he hadn't ducked. Instead, it flew past him, off the court, and went rolling into the jungle.

She exchanged a look with her friend, and when he started to go after it, she stopped him. "I did it, I'll get it," she said with a wave of her hand as she jogged off the court. "Be right back!"

Famous last words, really. For the ball had gone farther than she'd thought, and she could see the mark it had left in the damp soil where it had gone rolling down a hill toward a mess of thick bushes lining the local stream. Katxiel picked her way down, and started to dig through the bushes--until she caught sight of it, floating downstream.

Well, she hadn't really wanted to get wet, but oh well! Bracing against the cooler water, she stepped into the stream and began to splash toward the ball, trying to catch up to it as the stream carried it swiftly.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

The ball was probably moving at a speed faster than she'd like. But it had rained that morning, so the stream was gushing....
But so was the yellow stream coming out from the man who's back was to her as she was making chase after the thing, and as he continued to piss by the river side, a single brow raised as he watched, what appeared to be some ball made of hide, bob right on by.

Still pissing, he glanced over his shoulder and the second he saw a fresh, pretty young girl, he flashed his pearly white teeth at her. Maybe there was a reason he crash landed on this island after all! If all the girls were as cute as this one....

And as suavely as he could while still pissing into the winds, he said, "Hey." You know, as if it were the most casual thing to just, you know, piss in front of someone.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

Er...

Uhm...

Katxiel froze in place as soon as the man came into sight, at first startled by his strange clothes and bright hair--and then slightly mortified when she realized what he was doing. And that she was standing in the water!

Granted, she was upstream from him, but her ball! It had floated right on by in his pee-water!

Before she could splash out of the water and hide--it wasn't the nudity that embarrassed her so much as the lewdness of walking in on a man taking a piss!--he turned to look at her, and she realized the ball had betrayed her.

...Whoops.

She stood there awkwardly, eyes on his face--a rather handsome face, which made this all the more awkward--and wondered if, wherever he was from, this sort of thing, carrying on conversations while peeing, was totally normal. She didn't understand what he said, since it wasn't her native language, but she assumed it was a greeting and she gave an uneasy wave.

"Hi...?" She cleared her throat, eyes still locked on his face as she slowly moved out of the water. "Ah. Sorry! Didn't mean to, er..." She motioned at the ball. "Just came to grab that!"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

visualspice

Despite being as well traveled as he was, whatever language she spoke of wasn't exactly at all familiar to him. Then again, most people didn't even know there were many varying types of people that lived within the Kishan jungle. And his own native tongue of the small race of nomads known as the Saranthians, might even be something to fall into such a reclusive and lesser known art.

But it didn't take a linguist to realize her awkwardness at walking in on him taking a whiz. But by that time, he was all finished. And it was then he followed her finger to the ball. He too, pointed at it.

"You want that? The ball?"

He gave a tilt of his head, and a sparkle of laughter twinkled in his eyes. He didn't need her answer as he turned around and jogged along the water's shore. The ball bobbed along, twirling and spinning aimlessly as the waters pulled it forward until it eventually got stuck between a pair of rocks.

Figures they were a pair of rocks in the middle of the water. But there was a series of debris and more rocks leading over to it, and he figured he could make it over to rescue the girls' ball with ease. And with the grace of a tiger, he sprung from the shore and made his way across the make shift bridge until he found himself perched above the pair of rocks. Scooping up the ball, he wiped it clean on the edge of his shirt. Though his shirt might have looked fancy, it was anything but, made of the least finest silk (cotton, actually...) and had a lot of hand stitched patches lining it that were almost unnoticeable.

Once the ball was relatively dry, he tossed the ball her way.
"Heads up!"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Rhindeer

If Katxiel had been a little awkward before, it dissolved as soon as he was done with his business. Maybe she should have been more cautious, but it didn't occur to her that a strange foreigner could be a problem--so rather than be wary, she was very, very curious.

She'd never seen anyone like him before, who spoke like him or dressed like him or had such hair. He was...quite pretty, and from the way he smiled, he looked friendly, too.

With a smile when he pointed to the ball, she nodded, hoping she was reading the situation right and that he'd gotten her meaning! "Yes, thank you!" But some things were universal despite language barriers, and soon he was off, leaping gracefully and plucking up the ball while she watched. A gentleman, too, from the looks of it, from the way he dried her ball! Definitely no wild savage from the depths of the jungle--oh! He was throwing the ball!

With a start, Katxiel's eyes went wide and she jumped to catch it as it flew her way--

And catch it she did.

Right in the face.

THWACK! She caught it in her arms, but wasn't able to halt its momentum, and it smacked her right in the mouth and split her lip. She fell on her ass after, blood dribbling down her chin, and blinked rapidly in surprise as she touched her fingers to her mouth, too stunned yet to register the pain.

visualspice

The man's face dropped.
That was not what he had expected! He only presumed the girl could easily catch something, even from their distance! But hey, maybe he threw it harder than he thought.

Clumsily he ran over to her, splashing through the water as he went, and when he made it to her, he was quick to ask, "Are you okay?"
And upon smelling the blood, he immediately tensed and felt his fangs grow.

Rhindeer

The cut wasn't bad, but as any face wounds were wont to do, it was bleeding more dramatically than necessary. And as it dribbled down through her fingers and dripped on her clothes, Katxiel found herself feeling quite horrified--and not because she was bleeding! Gods! If anyone saw she was injured, they would freak, and likely treat her like glass from there on out! And worst of all, they would probably take it out on this kind man!

She blinked up at him when he spoke, looking wide-eyed but otherwise very calm despite the blood, and though she didn't understand his words, she could guess by his concerned tone. Forcing a small laugh, she nodded and waved a bloody hand at him dismissively. "I'm okay! It's nothing! Just a little cut, looks worse than it is! It's--"

And then she froze with a gasp, both hands clapped to her mouth. His teeth! They were like a jaguar! Were they always like that?

visualspice

But he said nothing, eyes glued to the blood.

Rhindeer

"What...why are you staring at me like that?" Katxiel asked, starting to feel a tad creeped out by his silent and intent staring, even though it wasn't like she could understand his words! She leaned back away from him, scooting back on her bottom.

visualspice

Her words and reaction sobered him, and he blinked and looked up at her face. Despite the language barrier, he knew very well how awkward she felt. After all, it was plastered all over her face. At that, he gave a smile, another one that dimpled his cheeks and by no means hid his fangs and then reached inside his breast pocket and pulled out a kerchief and offered it to her, and gestured with a finger to where her wound was, and then gestured towards it with the clothe.

"You should probably clean that up."

Since she smelled like lunch.

Rhindeer

Maybe he was just horrified by the blood? That had to be it. With a glance from him to the kerchief, Katxiel caught his meaning and accepted it, dabbing at her bloodied mouth  and clearing away the blood that had dribbled down her chin and gotten on her hands when she'd touched it.

Then she just held it to the cut to wait for it to stop leaking.

"Thank you," she said, and smiled up at him. Still pressing the kerchief to her mouth, she held out her free hand for him to take, to help her up. It was an automatic gesture; she was, after all, quite accustomed to being treated like royalty--and surely he'd be able to guess her status, considering she wore the rich colors of their goddess and was decked out like nobility!

Of course, with her limited perspective of the world, it never occurred to her that those things weren't universal.

visualspice

From his perspective, all he could do was oogle her. Sure she was young, but her youthful skin looked soft, and her subtle curves, untouched. And by the type of layers and things she wore, it only aided in his theory she was well cared for-
Or one of those women who were just about obsessed with her looks.

But being a gentleman, he naturally took her hand and pulled, helping her to her feet, and she might noticed in their contact, his hands were a bit.... cold.

Rhindeer

Whoa! His hands were like ice! And Katxiel couldn't help but shiver when she took them in hers, her eyes going wide with surprise. Her own hands were quite warm, for she had good circulation and the climate was rather humid, anyway. How could he be so freezing!

"You're like ice!" she breathed, and looked up at him before she started to rub his hands in between hers, a sort of automatic gesture. "Are you lost or something? Oh, gosh, you can't understand a word I'm saying, can you? I could be saying all sorts of nonsense and it'd be all the same, huh?" She huffed out a sigh. "Well, we could probably find a way to help with that. If the Wise Woman can speak to beasts, why not to a person!"

visualspice

Though not understanding a lick of what he said, he simply laughed and nodded as she went to rub at his hands to warm them. It was a futile attempt, but a nice gesture none the less. He just assumed she was prattling on about his temperature, in which in turn, he simply shrugged. Shaking his head, he slowly pulled his hand from hers and looked her over before glancing around the area. This place had really big trees. And despite his cool body temperature, he could still feel the heat and humidity of the jungle and it made his skin look clammy.

"Er, you wouldn't happen to know what this place is called or a way out of here?" But again he laughed and turned his face away with a tch. "Right.. we don't speak the same language. I might as well be speaking fools speak."

But then he thought of something and turned to look at the woman and pointed to her.
"Hey, you... this place.." And he gestured to the environment around them. "What's this called? Where are we?" And he used his words slow and carefully, hoping she might at least get what he was trying to communicate!

Then again, what good would that do to him if he knew?

Rhindeer

Katxiel couldn't help but giggle when he spoke, for his language sounded funny and she felt so ridiculous, having this conversation that neither of them could understand! "You could be insulting me for all I know, and I wouldn't know the difference!" she said with a wide grin. "Though I daresay I hope you aren't! That would be rude. But hilarious."

With a little tug on his cold, cold hand, she made her decision. She was going to take him home, her hand on his, the ball tucked under her other arm. After all, he was a curiosity! With his strange hair, with its pretty teal streaks, and his handsome face...and, well, he was clearly lost and out of place! Surely this would be harmless. He needed help, after all! He didn't even know how to speak the language!

And Katxiel did like her curiosities! In a way, she was already viewing him as hers. He was her discovery, after all!

She did, however, understand at least some of his pantomiming. The questioning tone, the pointing at the area around them...did he mean this place? She smiled up at him.

"Citalli," she said. "You're in the kingdom of Citalli."

Her kingdom.

visualspice

He felt kind of like a child when she moved to take his hand to guide him. But he was thankful for the help, and the youthful beauty had a magnificent smile that made him give her an equally happy one in return. ANd perhaps it made him stumble a bit as he followed her over the uneven terrain, but when he realized she was trying to communicate with him, he paused a moment to repeat the words, "Citalli," as he looked around the jungle scene all around them.

Rhindeer

Katxiel couldn't help but giggle at his pronunciation, which sounded a little funny on his foreign tongue. Still, it was a start! She had taught him one word!

Now to teach him thousands of others!

Biting back her laughter, because it made her lip sting when the smile stretched it, she decided to teach him another. She pointed at herself and nodded. "Katxiel," she said slowly, like she was speaking to a child. "My...name...is...Katxiel." She looked at him pointedly and then motioned at him. "What...is..." Point! "Your...name?"

They were almost there. Hopefully he could understand at least that much, so she had something to introduce him by!

visualspice

Dao's smirk twitched awkwardly, but his eyes danced in realization.

"Katxiel?" he tried to repeat, eyeing her form before beaming as he repeated, "Katxiel." And the second time he managed a much more flawless pronunciation attempt. And as she gestured towards him, his grin grew cocky as he said,

"Dao'bachpa Barrocisto."
And he let that sink in a moment before pointing at himself and saying it all over again, though a lot more slower. And he waited with a bated breath. It should be interesting for her to try that one!

Rhindeer

...What.

Kaxtiel actually came to a dead stop so she could gape at him, wondering if what he'd said was a name or just sheer gibberish. But then he repeated it! And pointed to himself! And her jaw dropped even more.

He...didn't actually expect her to call him that, did he?

"D...Dow...Dowbatcha...ah..."

Surely he was jesting!

visualspice

His grin grew, exposing more teeth as he pat her on the shoulder encouragingly, "Dao'bachpa Barrocisto." HIs eyes were a glow.

"Dao..." he then paused, waiting for her to repeat before going on to enunciate, "BAWK PUH."

Tags: