Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black River Calling

Started by visualspice, May 19, 2015, 02:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She took his hand and moved to stand, but she still felt a bit tipsy after all of that, and didn't try to move much beyond that. She felt lucky she hadn't swooned a second time, though her head still felt disconnected. Blinking owlishly up at him, she thought over his question.

"Only as much as I have read, and I do not believe it is much. My.. people only believe in learning the magics blessed by Hakeshna."
And in part, her research had felt like sin. But it was a necessary evil, was it not? To ensure that false 'Goddess' could be ursurped and a rightful heir to rule.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

Varian smiled.

"Hakeshna cannot help you with this. But I believe the banks of this river are hardly the proper place to begin your teachings. Have you a home?"

visualspice

"I live with my other sisters at the temple. But its far from here, back in the city."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

Varian looked at her, and then extended a hand towards her.

"Take my hand."

visualspice

Her hesitation was brief before she took his hand and looked up into his eyes.
"Will this also make me swoon?" she asked, jest dancing in her eyes.

DaGlobster

The mirth in her eyes was answered by the subesquent twinkling of the stars in Varian's odd eye. His mouth curved up into the faintest of smiles.

"Perhaps."

And with that, they were gone. Varian slipped the both of them through time and space. They stood still, yet the immaterial fabrics of the universe zoomed by, almost like they were traveling at the speed of light. Tendrils of nonexistence whipped by like seaweed caught in a current. The air felt like it was charged, and it would give Aïda both a sense of warmth and accpeptance.

The whole thing was both beautiful and horrifying in its own special way.

The whole experience lasted only two seconds, after which they appeared in Aïda's room.

visualspice

The moment left her breathless, not even giving her a chance to cling to the strange man's form when the small moment melted away. She hadn't even the time to register what had happened, but when she noticed they were in the common sleeping area together, she gasped.

Without thinking,s he pulled Varian further back into the drapery that sectioned out the sleeping quarters for a place of her own, but all around them came the gentle sleeping sounds of all the other priestess of the temple.

She hadn't expected he'd take her there of all places, and her hand remained tensely around his as she held her breath until she felt safe enough that their presence had awoken none. Only then did she exhale.

"We... should not be here together," she explained, voice low as she eyed him. But she gestured for him to join her as she sat upon the bed. "We will have to be quiet if we remain. My other sisters... should not know about you." At least not yet. After all, what she was conducting was blasphemy on a whole other level.

DaGlobster

Varian walked up until he stood at the edge of her bed, but he did not take a seat on it. His many eyes scanned the room around them.

"They cannot perceive me, for they are unenlightened. My voice, my scent, even my touch. It is the mark I gave you on your arm that allows you to freely sense me."

He eyed Aïda curiously.

visualspice

Aïda studied his face, then looked down to the mark on her wrist.
"Oh?" she smirked. "How convenient for you. But what about me?" Her voice was still low as she spoke. "I suppose it appears as though I speak to myself?"

DaGlobster

Varian sat halfway onto the bed, one foot still on the floor while he laid the other knee sideways on the bed.

"It does. At least, until you learn how to speak with the mind, and not the tongue."

visualspice

Her eyes danced as she smirked.
"Another thing to teach me, yes?"

DaGlobster

"Yes, another thing to teach you."

Elaros peered into her eyes, curious to see why she was so playful.

visualspice

"If I learn this... this ability to speak without a tongue.... can I... am I able to use it on others? ANd with them?"

DaGlobster

"You will, and there will be nothing they can do to stop it. The mind of one of the uninitiated is like a castle left unguarded with the gates wide open."

visualspice

"Ah.." her eyes lit up at the realization. "So it is something powerful..... Can you tell me more? Like... is there more to it? More... powers one can know that are in a similar nature to this?"

DaGlobster

"A sizeable portion of the dark arts I will teach you involve the interaction of minds. Of course, most of them are designed to terrify and obfuscate any opponent."

Varian chuckled.

"Soon, you will be learning how to strik your enemies with nightmares and visions of their worst fears."

visualspice

The priestess was mystified.
"And this... power.... it can grant me what I desire?"

DaGlobster

"If used correctly, and with enough skill, this power can grant you that, and more. This isn't mere magic, my disciple. When you work these dark arts, you are weaving with the true fabrics and geometries of the universe."

Varian smiled.

"You will sit the throne, and so much more."

visualspice

An idea at such power after seeing the world, so vast, made her tickle all over with excitement. Her smile was unable to be contained as her green eyes sparkled.

"So... what's next?" she asked, eager as ever.

DaGlobster

"You must prepare an altar," Varian said.

"Somewhere secure enough that you could erect a shrine. It will be pivotal to your learnings. That shrine will be both your classroom and your greatest tool."

Varian reached over, and put a finger beneath her chin.

"Make it spectacular. It will serve as your throne in the future."

Tags: