Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Black River Calling

Started by visualspice, May 19, 2015, 02:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Aïda was taken back by such a request.
"Altar?" She frowned and tried to think it over before nodding. "I shall try my best." She knew not much could be afforded to a priestess, but she had been discrete thus far in her endeavors, she supposed this wouldn't be that much difficult than getting to this point. And it would serve as her throne? Then she'd make it the best shrine Varian had ever seen.

"Are there many other altars like this around the worlds?" she inquired, curious.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

"Many. Some erected by me, some erected by those who followed me in the past. Many, erected by those hidden races I whispered to you about."

"You need not worry about making it too extravagant in the beginning.. It will evolve and grow as your power rises."

visualspice

"I see."
She grew quiet and contemplative.
"Then I shall not be ashamed to start small, too."
She smiled up at the man, how strange he looked only seemed to charm her in the moment as she moved to step near to him.
"Thank you." And Aïda dipped down into a respectful bow. "I am forever grateful, forever in your debt for allowing me the chance to learn of your blessings, your skills."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DaGlobster

"No thanks are necessary," Varian said, lifting a hand to Aïda's cheek. His other hand reached down, and held her other hand by the wrist. His thumb passed over the mark he'd left on her wrist, and he looked down on it.

"Prove yourself a worthy disciple, and learn. That is all I ask."

visualspice

She gave a nod, eyes never once yielding.
"Just tell me what you want of me, show me what knowledge to seek, what magic to practice. I will do it all."

Without looking, her other hand moved to touch over the mark he had left her and  Aïda smiled.

"I will treat each day as a new beginning, and a journey in its own right."

DaGlobster

"For now, you must sleep," Varian said, and he motioned to her bed.

"The dreams I give you will help you internalize your knowledge. They will also be your greatest lecture hall."

Varian blinked.

"The Dreamlands are a place even the most enlightened mage has no knowledge of. It is where you will practice, apply your own theories, and, most importantly, it's where you will receive my direct tutelage."

His hand slipped away from the mark, and he just held her hand. He leaned in, tail dusting agianst the side of Davina's leg.

"It's also where I will reward you..." he whispered, voice filled with forbidden promises. Because indeed, he'd caught on to the fact that there was something about him that caused Aïda to be attracted to him.

visualspice

There was some form of attraction, but then again- this man promised her so much, and her eyes could only remain starry.
"Then sleep I shall," Aïda replied. She bowed her head deeply before leaning in to kiss softly to each of his cheeks. "I suppose until then, this is goodbye." She gave another bow.

DaGlobster

"Seek me out when you rise," Varian said, and he let go of her hands.

"Find a secluded place for your shrine, and reach out to me with your mind."

He stepped back, and a tear in the fabric of space opened up behind him. An abyss lied at his back, and he stepped in. It disappeared, and she was alone.

With Varian's abscence, came a feeling of emptiness. The few truths he revealed to her were horrible indeed, and now, she was alone with her thoughts to contemplate on.

visualspice

Despite so many truths revealed, Aïda's heart still burned over the anger inside her heart. True, how insignificant she was made out to be had deflated her will, the longer she festered over it, however, helped the heat simmering her revenge to grow.

She had not slept well that night, thinking over and over again what Varian had to say, before long she realized the sun was rising and the other priestess were waking for the day. Though exhausted, it aided her in going about through the dull rituals she had to partake.

It was hard to pray to Hakeshna now, for her faith did waiver, she was uncertain now if she should even continue on that path. Internally, she was thinking of Varian, and when she had time to herself, she slipped away to the back of the temple and peered up through the star window-
and thought about the world he had shown her-
and the time and lives beyond what she felt within.

DaGlobster

Somehow, looking up at the stars would bring warmth. Where before, the stars might only have provided something to look at, knowing just how big the universe was, and all the life it contained, might bring her some degree of happiness.

If she didn't feel it on her own, the mark on her arm, combined with Varian's corrupting influence, might have done just fine instead.

Whispers came to her from the stars, creeping in through the small draft that came in through the window's aged creases.

"Does something trouble you, my disciple?"

visualspice

At his voice, Aïda shivered.

"Much troubles me," she whispered, and glanced around, but saw no one.

DaGlobster

At first, Aïda's glancing produced no results, but then, just when she was sure she was alone, Varian was there, standing right in front of her. He looked different. His clothes and heavy coat were still but rather than legs, a mass of tentacles protruded from his lower body.

He took her hand, and the mark on her wrist wriggled.

"What troubles you?"

visualspice

He heart leaped into her throat, and a hand had to cup over her mouth to stop a scream. Releasing a breath, she looked at Varian.
"Did you come because you worried for me?"

DaGlobster

"Of course," Varian said, and the tentacles all morphed into a human pair of legs. A reminder that is human appearance was only a facade.

"I'd make a rather poor mentor if I didn't care for my disciples."

visualspice

She breathed a little easier at his words.
"Revenge," she told him, truthfully. "The way it burns inside me... I feel as if it's trapped there, and I hunger for one day... one day that revenge will be real." And she found herself was shaking, and then realized her voice had grown loud and she looked around to make sure no one had heard her, or could see them. Then Aïda looked back to him.

"Have I upset you?" she worried.

DaGlobster

"No," Varian said, and he smiled. He reached out, and put a hand on her cheek.

"It's this hunger for revenge that will make you strong."

He stepped closer to her, and his hand went from her cheek to her shoulder.

"Do you remember your task?"

visualspice

Aïda stared at Varian for a moment before nodding her head.
"Yes."
But even then, she still was uncertain how to make this sanctuary he spoke of. Things were hard when you were a priestess. It wasn't like she had any true possessions or claims to areas within the church to set aside for herself.

Perhaps she'd take a look into the library later, or outside, in some nearby rock formations-
But the chances of her being allowed to simply go outside all alone were minimal. The library offered a few places she had not quite ventured into yet and hoped the possibility of a secret sanctuary for her could be there.

DaGlobster

Varian read her mind, her concerns and doubts. He smiled at her.

"Perhaps your journey of revenge starts not with an altar, but with a throne," Varian said.

"The high priestess surely has private spaces all to herself. Replace her, and you will have the secrecy, the position, and the power you need."

Varian's eyes lit up with excitement.

"I will teach you incantations during your dreams. Dark, forgotten words of the old ones to bring your enemies to their knees."

visualspice

She was shocked at his proposition.
"But how....? I.. I would not think to take such a position."
Her desire was never that sort of rank. This position in the church was meant to be limited, and she felt herself growing more anxious with each passing day.

DaGlobster

"Then perhaps my assistance isn't for you," Varian said.

"If you want to destroy The Shah, claim your throne and your vengeance, you must be willing to go all the way. Do anything. Is this not the desire that burns in your throat?"

Varian lifted a hand, and the mark he'd left on her wrist started to itch.

"You signed a pact with me, Aïda. Remember that."