Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Three Dog Night

Started by Lion, May 21, 2015, 02:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

[I think you mean 'famished'?  Just wondering since ravishing would be her thinking she was hot stuff. xD]

"That wouldn't really be up to me would it?" he replied, peering down at her, grinning just a bit.  "That is of course you're actually some monster in disguise, then that'd be another tale altogether."  He laughed in a joking manner.  After all, it was entirely possible.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

[...LOLOLOL. So that thing I said about already being on some pain meds um...yessss. >__> XDDDD]

Corryn choked on her bread.

Pounding on her chest, she wheezed and coughed and had to stop until she got it under control, until she could gather up enough spit to swallow down the rest. When she could speak again, her voice cam out a weak, croaking laugh. "Pardon!" she said, and coughed again, giving her chest another few pounds.

"Crumbs."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

Decebal stared at her a moment before taking a hand and swatting it at her back.

"Better?"  It was the demon hand and he stared at his own palm for a long moment, quickly retracting it.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Rhindeer

"Ah, yes, thank you kindly! Much bet--"

...Oh.

Corryn looked at Decebal, then at that strange, warped hand of his as he stared at it, and soon she was staring at it, too. At least until he drew it away. She blinked, looked back up at Decebal, then politely turned her head away and brought a fist to her mouth so she could give a dainty cough.

It was the huge, bony, scaly, clawed elephant in the room (or rather, woods) so it felt kind of weird to just pretend not to have noticed and not to speak of it and not to ask about it when, clearly, he had to know she'd noticed and he had to know that she was wondering about it! Not that she had much room to judge or anything, since she became hairy and drooly once a month, but...

"So..."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Lion

[It's okay, Corryn. Every girl has that problem.]

"I know, I know.  My arm," he said and gestured to it.  "It's not like you can't see it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

[Secretly, women are all werewolves in disguise. >8D Muahahahaaaa!]

Corryn felt her cheeks heat. Right. Well. It wasn't like she had been subtle about that! At least the ice was broken now, thank gods!

"Ah! Apologies!" she said, and gave a sheepish smile. "I was trying not to be rude since I know you know I know about it. It stands out, after all! Rather difficult to miss! Not to worry, I'm not judging you, and I won't ask about it!"

A pause. "Unless, of course, you want to talk about it."

Lion

"It's okay.  You're right.  It's there, and kind of difficult not to notice."

He shrugged.  "It's my blood.  I guess you could call it demon's blood.  Transformed my arm."  He did look at her then, looking stern. "But that's the only part of me that's demon."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

There was a fine line between curiosity and rudeness and Corryn certainly didn't want to breach that with the guy who'd let her borrow his clothes!

And who had a demonic arm.

She glanced at his arm again, then back up to his eyes. "How did that...?"

Lion

"Long story," he said gently.  Sure they had a long way to walk, but it wasn't something he was comfortable sharing with another he'd only met for approximately an hour.  "We should get under way.  It's a long walk from here.  It's times like these I wish I had a horse."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"Why don't you have a horse?" Corryn asked, one eyebrow arching as she looked at him--properly at him, and not at his arm. "You're an awfully long way from any towns. The going must be terribly slow."

Lion

"Well, correction.  I have a mount.  She's just not with me right now.  I've come a long way on foot because well, I can cover ground more thoroughly and not worry about the life of my horse in the process.  But being on foot isn't so bad.  Unless you're a wimp."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"Are you saying I'm a wimp?" Corryn asked, and lifted her chin with a haughty huff. "Because I'll have you know, good sir, that I am far from--ow!"

She let out a sudden yelp and gave a small hop, before she stopped with a hand braced against a tree so she could check the bottom of her foot. Wincing, she poked gingerly at a sticker that had dug its way into the soft spot right in the middle of her arch, where the skin was all soft and tender.

"Gods! I've half a mind to believe this forest is out to get me. Decebal, dear? Can you give me a hand here?" And then she raised her eyes to his demonic arm. "...The good hand, specifically."

Lion

Decebal quirked a brow and actually smirked down at her.  The comment on his arm elicited a snicker.  He knelt down and grabbed her foot with his good hand and used the other to pluck the sticker from her foot and flicked it off into the trees.  "I wish I had a spare pair of boots.  Apologies."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"To be fair, it wasn't exactly like you were expecting to find a naked woman in the woods." Corryn rubbed at the sole of her foot, then arched an eyebrow and gave him a look.

"Or did you?"

Lion

"I wish I could say yes.  But I'm not a creep, I promise," he said, shaking his head.  "And I'm sure all the bandits in this area go around stealing women's clothes.  Or maybe there are just pleasant surprises all over the place."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

Corryn barked a laugh at that, realizing all the more just how stupid her excuse for being her sounded. Clothes bandits. Gods. She really needed to come up with a better cover story next time--gods forbid there was a next time.

"Hmph. Pleasant surprises for you. You're not the one that has to walk on the hard, prickly ground. Truly, I'm still convinced this forest has it out for me. Speaking of which, you do know where we're going, don't you?"

She stepped closer to him. "And...you are equipped to handle that howling beast, correct? Should it decide to appear?"

Lion

Decebal rolled his eyes.  "Would you like to climb onto my back and hitch a ride?  I mean, I'd be more than happy to oblige if you're going to gripe all this way.  And yes, I know where I'm going.  I've gotten out here, I'm sure I can get back."

He just pulled a piece of the forest out of her foot and here she was doubting?  He was almost regretting finding her in the first place.  All in good amusement, of course.  Decebal shook his head. 

"I'd be more worried about the bears.  But I think I'm capable of handling anything that comes my way," he said casually, though eyed her from the corner of his gaze.  "Are you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"I am...willing to rise to meet any occasion, should the need arise. I think I can handle not necessarily anything, but certainly a lot, considering what I've been through! Bears and beasts, however? Ah...I daresay I'm less capable of handling that..." Corryn said, and feigned a worried look around the woods. She pulled the cloak tighter around her body and gave a little shiver.

Which was the truth, really, at the moment! She didn't have her weapons or armor, but even fully armed she wouldn't go out to wrestle a bear! She did have some experience with handling beasts, though!

Ha...

She looked back to Decebal and forced a laugh, reaching out to pat his shoulder. "But I don't have to worry about any of that with you here to protect me, of course! Now, about that ride..." And she smiled up at him, making her eyes big and innocent as she fluttered her lashes for added effect.

Lion

Something about Corryn was off putting, didn't seem genuine.  It didn't feel as if it would bring any harm - none that he could readily sense.  As one could with some people right off the bat, the kind you just knew were trouble.  First instincts were usually the correct ones, in such cases.

But for now he was content to give Corryn the benefit of the doubt.  Just for now.

He eyed on her again and smirked.  "You're serious?  Do I look like a horse to you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Rhindeer

"If I say yes, will it get me a ride?" Corryn asked, still giving him her best puppy-dog eyes.