Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Demon looking for a travelling companion!

Started by Nefres, June 07, 2015, 07:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefres

Hey all! I've been gone for two years, and am just getting back~. Though I've already started plotting and threading with a couple people, I'm still really trying to get myself back on track.

So, onto the point of this post: Who wants to be a travelling companion for a new character of mine? You may notice that I haven't made this character yet. I'm working on them now, but I thought I'd get a head start here. The reason the character isn't finished yet is because I have too many ideas buzzing around in my head, so I figured I may as well tailor the character to one of you guys, instead of finding someone who fits an already-made character.

What I'm looking for is a plot that starts with a demon of mine meeting... well, some kind of companion, and ending with his capture by Claerth. (You should probably read Claerth for this, heheh). Whether your character helps or hinders mine depends on you, and how we plot this out together!

My demon will be humanoid, and fairly strong, but only enough to match a seasoned warrior-type, nothing god-level. I want them to form a strong relationship with somebody while traveling around, and end the plot with them captured in Claerth's book. Honestly I'd kind of prefer them to be close, but if you can convince me it'd be just as cool for them to enemies, then we can go with that.

So, question time! If you have a character you want to use, what personality should my demon have to compliment them? And of course we can plot from there.

JackieCat

That sounds like such a sad ending for your demon!  Will the demon being captured be the end of the story?  Or could it continue?  Or the thread ends but another starts with the same characters? (As in your demon and Claerth and the other writer's character) 

Sorry for all the questions!  :P Hehe
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Nefres

It will definitely not be the end! If you read some more of my demon characters, you'll see that their stories started with them being captured, and will maybe end with them being freed! (Or perhaps the book will just change hands again, haha, I really haven't decided yet)

We could continue the story as long as was needed! I do kind of hope that the first story, that ends with my demon being captured, will be sad in some ways. Mostly, because by that point they'll have made a close friend! Or maybe something more than friends.

They could even have made a horrible enemy! I don't know yet, it depends on you (if you're interested, that is).

There are a few scenarios in my head. The other writer's character could become a close friend, and fail to save my character in the end. Or perhaps my character would willingly be captured in order to protect their friend? or maybe the other writer's character is another demon!

If they're enemies, it could be that my character is betrayed at the last second, and thus captured, for a huge monetary reward from Claerth. Ooohh, bonus points if they became friends with my character, with the intent of betrayal, but somehow warmed up to them??

As you can see, I have a lot of ideas, and it really depends on what the other person wants to do! The most important thing is that the ending of this plot will really be the beginning. Claerth and his demon brigade are in it for the long haul.

I just want to have a demon character with a strong relationship that was built before their capture, and that will hopefully continue long after.

JackieCat

Quote from: Road Kamelot on June 07, 2015, 09:18:42 PM
If they're enemies, it could be that my character is betrayed at the last second, and thus captured, for a huge monetary reward from Claerth. Ooohh, bonus points if they became friends with my character, with the intent of betrayal, but somehow warmed up to them??

As you can see, I have a lot of ideas, and it really depends on what the other person wants to do! The most important thing is that the ending of this plot will really be the beginning. Claerth and his demon brigade are in it for the long haul.

I just want to have a demon character with a strong relationship that was built before their capture, and that will hopefully continue long after.

I love the idea about my character at first meaning to betray them, but then starts to like them!  Would your demon be male or female, and would they be an immortal, or the lifespan of a human?
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

Nefres

EDIT: Oh my goodddd I didn't mean for this to be so long I'm sorry!!! I get excited about things.

Ahaha, the betrayal-that-turns-into-friendship was maybe my favourite one, too. Man, the best thing would be if, near the end, the betrayal is revealed to my character, and still leads to their capture, even though by this point your character is regretting all of it! Ah, yes, very goodddd

Right, my character. I haven't decided on their gender yet! Male, female, agender, genderfluid.. I have no idea. Choosing genders for a character isn't something I put a lot of thought into because the character's gender has almost zero bearing on how I play them or their personality. (Unless it has to do with their backstory or something)

Their lifespan would be incredibly long. Depending on the strength of my demons, they live longer, so characters like Jakal could maybe be called 'conditionally immortal', while demons like Kaa have a lifespan of maybe 700 years or so?

I think I may be settling on two demon characters, though. I may end up making both in the future, but for now I only want one. One is a girl, about 40 or 50, with the appearance of a 19-year-old. She's the same type of demon as Jakal, with the black eyes. She'd look pretty human, with the exception of having black demon eyes and being able to turn into a mass of centipedes at will. She'd have vague illness/decay/poison magic and an affinity for insects and all things disgusting, and she'd be generally crass, embarrassingly sexual while actually not being interested in sex in the least, and a bit morally ambiguous. She'd always have a confident act going on, but deep down she's just really looking for a way to prove that she isn't just a disgusting blight on this earth. Getting captured by Claerth would... probably ruin her I think??? wow

The second is a raven demon (specifically a thick-billed raven, google them they're hilarious), who is kind of a self-righteous twat. He'd be the same type of demon as Kaa, with the human (well, human-ish) eyes. You know the type. Arrogant, literally always looking down his (large) nose at people, probably wants to live in some dark castle lit only by candles. He'd believe he's better than humans (and kings, and fae, and dragons, and basically anything sentient, even other demons), and would probably do some pretty awful things to prove it. He'd be pretty old, too, like.. almost a millenium old. But he'd have endearing qualities too, and with his character arc I'd be trying to develop him into a person who is more honest with their feelings, and isn't always covering them up to maintain his self image. Getting captured by Claerth would likely destroy his pride as a demon.

(I don't know if you care about how I'm handling my demons, and obviously this is unique to me only because other people have their own rules for how they handle creatures like this, but: For me, demons are characterized by their eyes, and the human-ish eyes indicate that the demon is mortal, born in the natural world, etc. etc. The eyes with black sclera indicate the type of demon that is usually stronger, and the mortal world has less of a hold on them. They're from 'beyond', whatever that might be, and can be summoned, can possess people, etc. Regardless, all of my demons can be warded against, are vulnerable to holy magic from other characters, and are also generally vulnerable to anything anyone else comes up with that is effective against 'evil' 'dark', or 'impure' things.)

JackieCat

I don't care how long it is!  ;D  Okay, I think I got it.  So the female demon would be immortal? (Right?)  and the male not immortal but just can live really really long?  I looked up the raven!  Ohmygosh!  So funny!  I'm looking more at the male demon. Is he young? (for his lifespan, I mean)   

Sorry, again, for all the questions!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Nefres

Yep, the female demon would be conditionally immortal (meaning she can be killed, she just won't die of old age), and the male demon would have a very long lifespan.

Raven-guy would be.. I guess you'd call him a young man? 21-26? Appearance and maturity-wise, I mean. For my demons their 'age' has less to do with their lifespan and actual age, and more to do with their maturity level.

Don't apologize for questions, I love questions! If you happen to have more, check out my Character Catalogue. I just put a note about demons in there.

JackieCat

I'll take a look!  So, I was thinking your male demon could fit with my character Karishk Maelin.  They could meet by her trying to catch him for a bounty, possibly sent by Jakal, not because Jakal thought she could do it, but because he wants to kind of play with her, but doesn't assume that she'll start to become freinds with your demon. (From what I've learned of Jakal he seems like the kind of guy to do that, if not, let me know!)
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Nefres

Nah, Jakal would totally do that. He'll even do things that don't make a lick of sense, even when the apparent goal is simply to have a good time. Jakal would probably hope that she would be killed or something.

So, I'm assuming Karishk is definitely not a demon, right? Otherwise, my characters would be able to tell she was one, unless she had some kind of power than prevented otherwise.

If Karishk decided to try and catch my raven demon, is it reasonable to assume that she would attempt to befriend him in order to gain his trust, after realizing she had no hope to defeat him in a head-on battle? (You said on her page that, while skilled, she would eventually break down if her opponent was good enough, and my demon would be pretty skilled in magical arts)

If that happened, and Jakal saw that Karishk was actually successful in gaining his trust, he would be able to help her get a part of his body to be sealed in Claerth's book. (Raven demon is an opponent Jakal would actually have a problem with, since Jakal is currently not at full power) Right after Jakal had his hands on whatever this body part was, Karishk might realize her mistake, but by then it would be too late? Cue angst, drama, my character feeling betrayed, yours feeling guilty beyond all belief, everybody wins? Maybe they're more than friends, maybe it's love??? So many wonderful things could happen!!

...That moment when you realize that your motivations as a writer are exactly the same as Jakal's motivations... What has my life become?

JackieCat

That sounds about right!  She tried to gain his trust, does, then start to like him (I'm totally open for love!).  She's not a demon, but I don't know what she is!

There's one thing I didn't quite understand. . .

Quote from: Road Kamelot on June 08, 2015, 12:05:30 AM
If that happened, and Jakal saw that Karishk was actually successful in gaining his trust, he would be able to help her get a part of his body to be sealed in Claerth's book. (Raven demon is an opponent Jakal would actually have a problem with, since Jakal is currently not at full power)

Get a body part of your demon?  As in how so?
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Nefres

Well, something physically from my raven demon needs to be sealed inside Claerth's book for them to be captured, yeah? For Selphie it was her whole body, for Kaa it was one of his feathers, and for Jakal it was his eyes.

Karishk would have to discreetly get something from my raven demon, and that would become the thing binding him to the book. A feather of his could also work (he's a raven im gonna make him as fluffy as is possible), or a claw or tooth. Something like a strand of hair would actually not work, since it doesn't represent anything important to my character, and there would be nothing to seal. Say she managed to get a claw or clipping from his feet-talons? His legs would be chained up. A tooth? He'd likely be struck mute. Feel free to try and get creative, haha. If she got something like blood, it would be something more personal to him that would be chained up, perhaps certain memories, or emotions, or maybe even his will to escape. If that happened, he'd probably get something like a collar.

JackieCat

Okay, I understand now, I'll try to think of something interesting for her to take from him!  Do you want to start the thread?  Are we ready yet or do you have more things you want to discuss?   
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

Nefres

I can start the thread! It'll have to be tomorrow, though, I only have my phone at the moment. If, in an hour or so, I just really, really want to post, I may do so anyways, phone be damned. I don't have anything more to discuss if you don't!

JackieCat

I don't have anything else to discuss!  When you get started just send me the link, either here, or in a PM!  ;D  Exited!!
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor