Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Clash Between a Species and Destiny: Helm (WIP)

Started by Shinn Zighelm, June 11, 2015, 01:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinn Zighelm

Author's Note:

Hello, readers, I'm Shinn Zighelm. A Clash Between a Species and Destiny: Helm is the first book of a series (I hope) that follows a species, I just created, through their ever changing lives. This book follows Castiel Zighelm, my RP character's father, in his early life. Please only read this book and do not reply, if you wish to talk about this book, then do so over PMs or in the cbox! If you readers find any error, please do not hesitate to tell me. Also this book will contain mature content, I will give a warning before the chapters that have this. Thank you and enjoy the book!

Chapter One

Castiel awoke to the feeling of the soft warm bed that he called his. The young fairy opened his big red eyes to see the wooden roof of his room. Castiel sat up and looked straight at his bedroom door and the spiral design on it. Crap, I'm late! Castiel thought to himself as he leaped out of bed. The boy opened the window shutters and flew out of his house without brushing his messy red hair. The young fairy flew quickly through the air and nearly hit another kid.

"Hey, Castiel! What the heck are you doing?" The kid asked in surprise as he dodged his friend.

"Sorry, Nate! Wait, why aren't you at school, yet?" Castiel asked back.

Nate gave Castiel the, are you serious? look and pointed behind him at the few small groups of fairy children all flying towards a huge tree. Slightly blushing out of embarrassment, Castiel felt really foolish, Of course...school hadn't started yet. The young orange haired fairy waited for his embarrassed friend to catch up before turning around. The two friends flew side by side towards the other kids that were heading to the school tree.

"So, how did you sleep?"  Nate asked, focusing his empathy on Castiel.

"I slept very well. How about you?" Castiel answered truthfully.

Nate just nodded his agreement with big smile. Feeling his friend's joy, Castiel couldn't help but smile too. Castiel takes a deep breath, drawing with it the scents of the forest. The smell of the recent rain mixed with the sweet scent of bakeries making all sorts of breads and pastries, as well as flowers, almost overwhelmed Castiel. The little fairy had to push the mixture of smells out of his mind, so that he could focus on flying.

Nate looked at Castiel a little concerned. The red eyed fairy reassured his friend and they continued towards the school. The two fairies had to increase their pace, so they wouldn't be truly late to class. 

Shinn Zighelm

As the boys flew into class, the teacher looked at them and said, "Cutting it a little close, are we?"

Both of the kids nodded and took their seats. A few seconds after the two near-lates had sat down the school head master appeared on a magic screen to give the announcements.

The announcements began with like all others, "well, classes will begin after these announcements. First, The Magi Games applications are due in a week, so those students who want to take part in the games please turn in your completed forms. Second, the graduation ceremony for the Last-Years will be a month from now and they will considered full adults. That is all for today's announcements, have a good day and good weekend."

With that the magic screen closed, leaving the teacher to start class. "Good morning class. I hope you did yesterday's homework." Everyone said in unison, "We did, Mr. Winehelm."

Castiel was sitting in front so he waited for everyone in his row to pass up their homework. When Castiel had received all the homework from his row, he made a neat pile for Mr. Winehelm to collect. After the teacher finished collecting all the homework he said, "now then, lets continue from yesterday's class lesson. Sigfreed, what is the equation you use to graph a line?"

Sigfreed stood up and answered, "y = mx + b, m being the slope, and b being the y-intercept." After finishing the explanation Sigfreed sat down. "That is correct."

Mr. Winehelm turned to the white board and wrote the equation on it. He also wrote a few problems down for the class to work on. Castiel started with the hardest one and chose to work from hardest to easiest.

After math class, Nate and Castiel had to part ways. Castiel heads outside, towards the magic training field. Today's my first time in this class! Castiel thought to himself full of excitement.   

Shinn Zighelm

When Castiel had reached the training field, he saw around fifteen others lined up at the edge. Then the young fairy saw a tall, long blue haired woman standing in front of the other students. Castiel got into the line and the teacher introduced herself as Ms. Lighthelm.

"Hello, class. This is the class where students find out what kinds of magic lay inside them and train it," Ms. Lighthelm explained. "You will stand in the center of this magic field and speak your name. After a few seconds you will feel a number of sensations, and you bodies will give a physical indication of each of your magic types. I will be able to read these indications. Any volunteers?"

Castiel raised his hand and stepped forward. The lightly tanned woman stepped to the side to let Castiel move to the center of the circle design. The young fairy took a deep breath heavy with nervousness. "My name is Castiel Zighelm."

A few seconds of peace for Castiel were broken by a warm heat sensation. The heat grew more intense as time went on, and soon became hot. Not long after the heated feeling in Castiel started, a small ring of fire rose around the young Helm Fairy. It's so hot! All of the other students gasp in surprise and later confusion.

"Castiel, your first magic is the elemental magic of fire. Be ready for the next."

After a minute, the fire went out and the burning in Castiel faded. Though the burning had gone, it was replaced with a fuzzy feeling. Like the burning, the fuzzy feeling only grew stronger. Soon, the fuzzy was gone, and the feeling of being shocked washed over Castiel. Then electricity swarms Castiel's body, shocking the ground around him.

"Your second magic is electricity."

A few seconds later the electricity disappeared and nothing took its place. Castiel took a deep breath and walked back to the students after Ms. Lighthelm told him he was done. Then the next student went up.