Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Memories that Haunt You and Me

Started by Draconian, June 19, 2015, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

There was a level look of interest towards Cadmus. "I was afraid when I thought you'd eaten yourself." Her fingers brushed along his wing, envious. A pang of something made her chest ache and her fingers drew over what feathers she could touch. Imagines of big black wings in her reflection clouded her mind and she frowned for a moment.

"You being the beast is the best case scenario. I'd show you mine, since you showed me yours, but I don't have one." A smirk and she moved her hand back to his neck. Then she frowned and gave him a look. "Why didn't you save yourself by turning into a monster?"

Rhindeer

Cadmus let out a loud snort at her "show you mine if you show me yours" comment and he relaxed a little more now that he was assured she wasn't distressed by his presence and...new shape. At her question, though, he rolled his shoulders in a rather humanish shrug, which looked rather odd on such a beast.

"Shifting isn't instantaneous," he said, cocking his head so he could look at her. "And it's not effortless. By the time I realized I was in trouble, they'd clocked me over the head, and when I woke up again I was tied to a chair and fuzzy in the head. Between that and the beatings, well...I was just too weak to do it. Believe me, I would have if I could have."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Draconian

"I believe you." Raizel said, giving him a strange little smile.

It was easier to be around him now that he was a giant eagle-beast instead of a man. Strange. Her hand was back into his feathers and she moved her hand to his wings again. Black. They seemed so familiar.

"I think my wings were black," She said idly, mostly to herself. Not even noticing she'd spoken. Closing her eyes for a moment she could imagine it, flying. The wind in her face. The weight of flying. The thrill of being in the sky. A slow exhale and she opened her eyes before she pulled her hand away and stood up, looking away after a moment.

Rhindeer

"What did you say?" Cadmus asked, lifting his head when Raizel pulled away to stand. He rolled from his side to his belly and then to his feet and gave a long, catlike stretch, his toes spreading and kneading the ground, back arching, and butt raised high as his tail curled. He straightened again and gave his coat a shake, sending a few stray feathers fluttering through the air.

"Your wings? You had wings?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Draconian

One of the feathers was caught quickly and Raizel examined it, drawing a finger over it gently before she smiled at Cadmus. Yes, she much prefered him in this form. Oddly less intimidating. It was easy o know exactly what she was up against when it was a ... Whatever he was.

"If the scars on my back mean anything, I did." Tucking the feather away - trying hard to be sneaky about it. Raizel smiled at Cadmus, "so... What are you? Besides... Really big?"

Rhindeer

Scars on her back...

Cadmus's expression softened--or at least, softened as much as it could in this shape. The thought of losing his wings was...gods. That would be traumatic, something he was not sure he could bounce back from. And she couldn't even remember? It was probably a kindness that she couldn't.

He might have said more, but it seemed she was eager to change the subject, and he was not about to bring it back around to something that no doubt must be painful for her. Instead, he gave his tail an idle flick and said, "A gryphon," he said, and laughed, a rumbling, growly sound. "A really big gryphon."

He watched her as he spoke, keen golden eyes catching the movement of her hands and a flash of black. Was she...sneaking feathers?

Draconian

A really big gryphon indeed.

Raizel shifted back down, sitting cross legged while she watched him. Then she paused for a moment, opened her mouth and then closed it again. Reaching out to brush her fingers along his strange animal fur and feathers before she pulled her hand back remember again that, this was the man she'd helped previously.

"If you turn back into a man," She looked down at the shredded clothes on the ground, "You'll be naked, won't you."

Rhindeer

Cadmus blew air sharply out his nose, an amused snort.

"I will be, yes," he said, and idly spread a wing out to begin grooming it with his beak. "Which...could be a problem. I destroyed my clothes."

Draconian

Raizel plucked up a piece of fabric, obviously a piece of his shirt and gently shook her head, trying not to smile.

"I noticed." Pursing her lips she pushed a hand through her hair and leaned against the tree, "I... Don't think I have any clothing that would fit you, you're a lot wider at the shoulders than I am," Teasing was her tone but she plucked at her cloak, "If you want to change back, you can borrow my cloak. Should... uh... cover most of your... " She made a hand motion to his back legs, "Stuff."

Rhindeer

"My stuff," Cadmus repeated, amusement in his voice.

"That won't make you uncomfortable, will it?" And as he spoke, he plucked a loose feather from his wing, larger and prettier than the loose ones he'd shaken free. He held it in his beak and stretched his neck so he could offer it to Raizel.

Draconian

"Well..." Raizel looked at his back legs, frowning for a moments, "I don't know if gryphon parts are different than man parts." An amused shrug, "maybe you have gryphon parts as a man. I don't know. So yes. Your stuff."

Uncomfortable?

A tilt of her head and she unconsciously took the feather from his beak, giving it a look. Opening her mouth to give some silly remark about being uncomfortable... The larger and prettier feather just had her staring at it though, once she really noticed it. Feelings. Why were there so many feelings?

Just looking at it made her chest tighten uncomfortably. Breath picked up. Everything felt wrong and as tenderly as she held the feather her other hand tightened into a white knuckled fist. Knives in her back. The smell of blood. The strange pressure and then nothing.

Raizel sat there staring at the feather for a good two minutes, going more pale as she stared at it, her breath picking up into quick panicked little breaths before she tore her gaze away from it. Looking for all the world lost and alone and frightened for a few moments when she looked back at Cadmus before quickly schooling her features and remembering his question.

"I... No. I'll be fine if you want to change back. I'm sure I can kick your ass if you're just a man and not a Really Big Gryphon." A tilt of her head and she looked back down at the feather, drawing her fingers over it gently like it was precious.

Rhindeer

Er...

For someone who claimed not to be uncomfortable, Raizel looked very uncomfortable all of a sudden. The silence, her paleness, the way her breaths suddenly came quick and short as she held that feather and stared at it for endless seconds. Cadmus fell silent, too, for a moment confused, and then concerned. Should he say something?  Ask if she was okay? Snap her out of it? She looked like a sleepwalker lost in a bad dream, and he knew you weren't supposed to wake sleepwalkers--or so they said. Did the same apply to panic attacks?

Whatever it was, it passed, and then she was continuing the conversation like that moment had never happened.

"Oh...I don't doubt that," Cadmus said to her comment about kicking his ass, but then he cocked his head and looked at her. If his beak were capable of it, he would have been frowning. "Are you well?"

Draconian

"As well as I'm going to get," Raizel with the slightest of smiles, looking down at the feather again and sticking it behind her ear. Maybe she'd get a had. Slap the feather on that instead. Look all fancy and shit.

"I was ... Memories," She smiled slightly, though a pained look flashed in her eyes, eyebrows drawing close together, "I don't know what they were, but my chest tells me they weren't good ones." A look down at his ruined clothing and Raizel reached up to scratch Cadmus between the ears, an impulsive movement, considering he could probably snip off her hand with that wicked beak of his.

"If you want to turn into a man again, I can let you a cloak and you can walk around naked. No skin off my back though... It may be a little breezy until we find a town."

Rhindeer

Bad memories. Repressed ones, from the sound of it, if she couldn't even make sense of what they were. Cadmus sighed through his nostrils and despite his still-sore head, he butted his head lightly against her hand as she scratched between his ears. It was rather undignified (for he was well aware she was petting him like a house cat!), and yet he couldn't find it in himself to care. It felt nice--he'd forgotten how nice it was to just be touched--and besides, it seemed to comfort her. He could endure a little indignity for that.

"Hmm...if you don't mind, that would work for me," he said, golden eyes closing lazily as he ate up those pets. "I suppose it would be more convenient, for when we do reach I town. This form is...intimidating to most people."

He cracked an eye open. "Though you handled it rather well." He ruffled his feathers a little and couldn't help the spark of amusement when he saw his feather tucked behind her ear. She really seemed to like it--though something about it also seemed to trouble her. The "bad memories" happened when he gave that to her...

"Of course, you'll have to stop petting me first. I don't imagine you'd enjoy this so much when I'm human."

Draconian

She'd have to stop petting him.

"I don't know," Raizel started giving Birdy-Cadmud a look, "I might. You're not awful on the eyes." A smirk and Raizel removed her hands and kneeled up to rummage through her bad and produce a second set of clothing. A look at the pants as then at him.

"How do you feel being completely naked under a cloak? Because I don't have any clothes that would fit you.

Rhindeer

Cadmus snorted again and gave Raizel a sidelong look. "I'm always naked beneath my clothes," he said, amusement in his voice, "and I'm always naked beneath my feathers. So I'm not too sure how different it'll be being naked beneath a cloak."

Draconian

An exaggerated eye roll and she just gave Cadmus an unamused smile. The kind where you don't want to smile but it's going to happen anyway. "Very cute, well," she stood up, cloak up and out so that he was mostly covered from her vision. "Here's your clothes. We can barter for some new ones in town I guess." A moments pause, "have you ever sneezed and became a gryphon?"

Seemed like safe idle chatter.

Rhindeer

Cadmus watched her hold the cloak out, shielding him from view, and let out a rumbling sound that might have been a laugh. Human modesty would never cease to amuse him, the whole charade of pretending they didn't already know what the other person had and that it was something they had never seen before. Far be it for him to disrespect their strange rituals, though! So with a thought, he sat up and focused, and soon the gryphon was gone and he was, well...

A naked man, hair all disheveled.

He plucked the cloak from her, turned his back for her sake, and wrapped it around himself. Then he frowned as he looked down at himself. Alright. So this did feel a little ridiculous, he had to admit, and he was going to have to spend the day holding the cloak closed if he didn't want to flash everyone. Oh well. As long as there wasn't a sudden strong wind, it should be fine.

Turning back to Raizel with the cloak pulled closed, he quirked a tired smile. "When I was young, yes," he admitted. "Before I had full control of it. Not just sneezing, but random emotions, too. It was a little...troublesome."

Draconian

Raizel gave him a surprised look, eyebrows up. The answer was unexpected and she was genuinely caught off guard that he'd had to learn how to... Shape shift. The loss of wings had her pluck the feather from behind her ear and she looked at it for a moment, as it trying to convince herself that it was real and he had been a strange fuzzy-feathery animal moments before.

"That does sound troublesome." Looking down at his barefeet she sighed and pushed her hand through her hair.

"Oh... Your head." She looked up at him, chewing on her lip for a moment, "How does your head feel?"

Rhindeer

"Like I got bashed in the head yesterday," Cadmus said with a wry smile. He reached up and poked tentatively at the sore patch on his head, wincing. "But it's duller now."

He watched her for a moment, head slightly tilted in a birdlike manner. "I take it you really like feathers?" Really, the way she seemed so fixated on his feather was kind of...intriguing? Granted, not many people knew about his shifting as he didn't go around advertising it, but still! He'd never exactly met someone so seemingly enamored by such a thing.

"I have more where that one came from, if you want them."

Tags: