Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Memories that Haunt You and Me

Started by Draconian, June 19, 2015, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconian

Raizel couldn't keep the smile off her face, though she quickly schooled it down to be just as deadpan. His reaction was what she was counting on and she supposed his playing along was what she was looking for. Though she gave him an exaggerated look over, "consider if you're wearing my things, I doubt you have much else of worth on you."

"Done. We'll save it for a rainy day though." A smirk and she looked to a clearing with a dirt path. Hm. Maybe she'd camped closer to town than she thought. Then she stuck her tongue out at Cadmus, having won the 'I'll repay you,' soon to be mini arguement.

"Maybe I should go on ahead and get you some clothes," she paused, "I'm not sure how they'll react to a tall naked man wearing a cloak. Might hide the women and children."

Rhindeer

"So I'm only good for my body. I see," Cadmus said, keeping up the deadpan look. Which was easy for him and came pretty naturally!

But then his look turned sly at her next comment, about hiding the women and the children, and he gave a small shrug that had the cloak slipping down off one broad shoulder. "I can understand the children, but the women?" He lifted an eyebrow. "Worried about competition?"
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Draconian

"Always." Raizel quipped, giving Cadmus an unamused look, "I can have people who are better with swords than me roaming around." She made a below the belt groping motion with her hand, "and you have nothing at the moment, so... Technically..." A smirk, "maybe I'll get violent and steal our kidneys. Feed them to a beast. Who said I wanted your body for sex?"

Still, she reached over and pulled the cloak back over his shoulder. They were nice shoulders.

Rhindeer

Cadmus wrinkled his nose. "I don't care for those odds," he said, and pulled the cloak tighter around him when she adjusted it.

"If you plan on stealing any kidneys, though, at least leave me one."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Draconian

Raizel clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth in contemplation. "Okay, deal. I'll leave one kidney." The sigh after she spoke told him that it would be a huge inconvince and how dare he want to keep his bits inside.

There was a moment of silence, "would they have killed you?"

Rhindeer

Cadmus gave an amused snort at that, about to retort--but he cut off with a grimace and looked away.

Erk. This subject again.

"Yes," he said without pause, shifting the cloak along his shoulders, before he looked back to her. "Where did you learn to do all that, anyway? What you did to them?" he asked, switching to a safer subject--but also genuinely curious, too. "I've never seen anyone fight like that. Granted, I was also half-conscious, so maybe that influenced my perception, but..."

He gave her a teasing smile. "It was really impressive."

Draconian

Raizel looked both pleased and concerned at the same time. Pleased because he thought she was impressive and concerned because she didn't know. Raizel's gaze was to the ground and she took in a quiet little breath before she licked her lips.

"I don't know. I'm guessing muscle memory." A quick wiggle of her euebrows, "but thanks."

Rhindeer

"Is that what you're looking for?" Cadmus asked after a pause, stopping briefly so he could once again pick a thorn from his foot. He looked back up at her, his head cocked to the side. "Your memories?"

Draconian

"I think so," she said softly, frowning at him picking another thorn from his foot. Why didn't he just turn into a birdcat? Wasn't that way easier? Whatever, wasn't her problem.  Raizel pursed her lips, fleetingly wondering, looking back at him, his hair. "Maybe there's some feathers involved," she smirked like it was a funny idea.

"We should be getting close now, did you want to flash people or send me in first?"

Rhindeer

"Why don't we send you in first, and you can flash them?" Cadmus suggested dryly. "Kill two birds with one stone?"

Draconian

Raizel barked out a surprised laugh, her hand clamping over her mouth. There was a strange look in her eyes before she shook her head, sobering quickly. "I don't think anyone wants to see that. Give them more nightmares than anything else." She paused and bit her lip, looking thoughtful, "I think they'd like it better if you did it. You're pretty."

Rhindeer

"Pretty?" Cadmus repeated, and it was his turn to bark a short, incredulous laugh. He rubbed his fingers along the wicked scar stretching along his throat. "I think that suits you more than me."

Draconian

Raizel smirked, giving him a look and watching his hands. Eyeing the scars on his neck she tilted her head. "From the neck up, maybe," a laugh and she closed her eyes briefly, "if scars keep you from being pretty," another nod, "you win."

Rhindeer

"I didn't realize this was a contest, but if you like, we can strip down and compare," Cadmus said with a raised eyebrow.

Draconian

Raizel grinned at him, "oh, it's no contest. I'd win, so don't even try." She continued to walk, looking over her shoulder, "but maybe later if you're still interested."

Rhindeer

Cadmus opened his mouth to retort (okay, so maybe he was the one who had turn this into a competition...), but stopped short when a thought struck him. That comment she'd made before about wings. About scars on her back. Her fixation on his feathers, and that odd moment of panic she'd had earlier. Her lack of memories.

Oh.

He shut his mouth instead, putting the pieces together, pieces that had taken a while to collect and fit because he'd been so out of it during half their conversation and still felt a little woozy.

No, if all that evidence pointed to what he now thought it did, he really didn't want to make a game of this.

He snorted at her words, but his expression had sobered. "I think I'll concede this one."

Draconian

Raizel gave a little pout, seemingly disappointed he didn't want to show off his scars - She'd get eye candy that way- but instead she puffed out her chest, put her hands on her hips and smiled at him. "I win," she stated, casting him a look over her shoulder.

"I do enjoy winning," Even if it tasted like stale crackers. A win was a win and stale crackers were better than none. A brief look around, up at the sky, trying not to think about why he'd stopped the little game. Raizel knew why. Just because she knew didn't mean she wanted to think about it. To actively think that, once upon a time, those pretty black feathers could have been hers.

Raizel sobered up as surely as Cadmus had and she went quiet for a few moments, head ducking down.

"Okay, we keep getting side-tracked by super awful flirting-that-isn't-flirting. I will go into town," She pointed to the town that, while off in the distance, was much closer than the first time she pointed to it, "Get you clothing and then we can go back - with you clothed - and get you some food and stuff. 'Cause I could use some real food. My cooking is shit. Sound good?" She motioned to the town, giving her fingers a wiggle.

Rhindeer

"Sounds good," Cadmus said with a nod, following her pointing to the town beyond. "I really wish I had something I could give you in return. At least pay for our meals and the clothes, but, ah..."

He grimaced. "My coin is back there. Where those men were." Not that there had been much, anyway. He gave an uncomfortable shrug, not liking to be indebted to someone--or feel like he was taking advantage of their hospitality.

"...I suppose I could always kill and cook you a deer." Yep. That was about all he had to offer. Which, for gryphons, food offerings were as good as gold, and always understood as a token of affection or gratitude or hospitality. Food was love! But humans were different.

Draconian

The offer to kill and cook a deer caught her off guard and she paused for a moment, giving him a look before she fanned herself. "Well, if I didn't know better I'd think you were proposing marriage, a whole deer?" Another wave at herself and she just smiled at him, "You sure know how to spoil a girl." Raizel grinned widely, winked and made her way to town. It was an easy trip, she was friendly enough looking with her hood down - a simple traveler and within the hour she was back with a bundle in her arms.

"Cadmus?" She said, hoping he was around where she'd left him, "Got you stuff to cover your ass with. Is it cold yet?"

Rhindeer

...Was...was that some strange human custom he didn't know about? Did some human cultures kill and present food to a prospective mate, and did the other person's acceptance of it signal that they were now bonded? Would he be proposing to her if he did that?

Or was she just messing with him?

Cadmus watched her leave, perplexed, then shook his head and settled down to wait it out. She was probably messing with him.

A good hour passed, during which he rested his eyes and aching body, but when he heard Raizel's voice he rose to his feet again, groaning at the stiffness in his muscles.

"It's a little...breezy," he said, eying the bundle she carried and hoping it would all fit. Because yes, it was chilly enough to shrivel his junk. He hadn't felt the cold so much when they'd been moving and his blood had been pumping.

He shed the cloak without thinking, letting it pool around his feet, and reached for the bundle she held. "You didn't have any trouble?"