Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yes, of Course I'm Staying to Watch! (SilmeriaElemred!)

Started by JackieCat, June 28, 2015, 10:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackieCat

Faelis Gindien looked around the barroom and sighed.  There wasn't a seat open in the whole joint.  He swore quietly and left the tavern, it was dark and he was looking for a place to get a drink, though his usual haunt was bursting at the seams with drinkers.  He walked down the street and realized he as getting into a better part of the city. Blech.  All the same, he saw a tavern and walked inside.  It was a nicer place than the last bar he'd been in, and he was going to leave until he saw the young woman.

She was dancing on the low stage for entertainment, and as soon as he saw her Faelis knew he was going to stay for at least one drink.  He went to the bar and ordered a drink, then he got a seat with a good view.  Gods, she was good at what she did, Faelis hadn't seen someone this beautiful since that weird thing that happened in Essyrn three years ago that was kind of strange and he didn't really want to think about it. . . He directed his attention back to the young woman and was lost in her movements.  He sat, watching her dance and drinking his brew until the musicians stopped playing and they took a break.

Faelis was sitting at a table right in front of the low stage, and the elf called to the woman. "Excuse me?  Would you like a drink? It's on me!"

The thief smirked as he heard the grumbles of the other men around him, as they were about to ask the young woman the same question.  Every single person in the tavern who thought the young woman attractive, and, boy, was she attractive! probably wanted to talk with her.
My Open Threads!
None currently, but if you want to thread, don't hesitate to PM me!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia
---Larcan---Kannae---Anton

For summaries of my characters, JackieCat's Characters!

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''If you insist'' Leyla said with a chuckle,  realising the same considering the man about her. She could use a drink before the next act would begin.

She knew most of men at taverns and a lot were uncapable of keeping their hands at bay and was used to flattering of those drunk and unhappy by either having or not having a wife.

Some wondered why she kept performing in taverns and inns in the first place. The answer was simple. She could not live of performing at parties alone if she wanted to save any money at all. But she was picky at which inns she'd dance. Inns in these parts of the city tended to attract people of higher standards.

And while most men already seemed on the edge between tipsy and drunk, this man had come in not to long ago. What helped a lot too was that this man was elven.

''Leyla Armitage. Pleasure to make your acquaintance''

JackieCat

Faelis smiled as she came over to him and introduced herself.  She she came over, Faelis stood and bowed slightly. "Faelis, Faelis Gindien, and the pleasure is all mine, Leyla."

He sat back down and and motioned for the young woman to do so as well. "You're a wonderful dancer," he said to her as the barkeep came over. "What would you like to drink?" Faelis asked Leyla as the barkeep waited.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Kirl Moonharber---Lorin--- The Feari --- Akhe---Kilarhas---Naarilash---Kinn---Jiminie---Faelis---Karishk---Cirick---Sieera---Kornos--- Ariznim--- Dergan---Meerior---Zier'ik'shalsalimigarizdeniime---Keyne---Seridin---Elliot---Healin---Warn Danish---Revvil---Kashka---Ishka---Nox---Skiffiles---Jlyyth---
Flordia

Some people live more in twenty years than others do in eighty.  It's not the time that matters, it's the person.
~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Thank you. I am glad that people like what I do despire some things are considered weird.''  she refered to her contortion but she had not really shown it to its full potentional yet tonight. She would though after the break was over.
''A mead would be lovely'' she said with a bright smile.

Faelis passed the first test, which was not immediatly pulling her on his lap for the sheer hope of a lap dance whilest touching her in indecent places.

JackieCat

The barkeep nodded and walked off to get Leyla her drink.  Faelis looked back to the young woman. "Your dancing is different from most others I've seen, but it's very beautiful, it takes considerable skill, mentally and physically, to do something like that." Faelis leaned his elbows on the table. "It take discipline to achieve what you have."

Faelis could tell this woman wasn't a mindless fool who would completely fall for him no matter what he did, no, this woman was different than some, and this matter had to be dealt with with great care, though, the truth was, Faelis really meant what he was saying.  Dancing was a profession that did not waltz into your hands, you had to work for it.
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''Discipline and broken bones.'' she jestered. True it had taken Leyla a lot of dedication, tries and failures to be able to do what she could. Hanging in the air by strands of silk. How often had things gone wrong?

''Thank you. Nobody actually says those things. Usually they say that my flexibility would be of better use in a brothel, where I could be the main star and earn so much gold in one go I could not hold it in both my hands.'' The thought always disgusted her. She did not look down on whores but their lifestyle was not meant for her.

She could feel the jealous gazes of the men in her back but ignored them. Usually she actually refused offers to drinks and would withdraw at the back of the inn, drinking water or juice but being able to sit semi quietly with someone who did know how  to start and hold a conversation was a refreshing change.

''The reason I can dance the way I do is due to a condition named Contortion. A lot of my joints can bend differently then that of regular people. I can put myself in a box if I want too.''

JackieCat

Faelis's face took on a disgusted look when Leyla mentioned a brothel. "That, I assure you, was the farthest thing from my mind." It truly had been. A moment later the barkeep came over with Leyla's drink and set it down in front of her. 

When Leylas mentioned Contortion Ferlis nodded thoughtfully. "That's interesting," he said. "And a box?  I could fit a box too, but I'm sure my box would have to be bigger than yours!" He chuckled. "Sorry, that was bad."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla giggled. ''Not as bad as you might think. I know brothel was not in your mind. Usually when men think about that they get this weird smile and expression in their eyes'' she assured and raised her glass a little. ''A toast to life?'' she asked. ''Or something else. Also, make sure you stay till the end of the performance alright?'' Some place had been made and from the balcony level long silken strands had been tightly knot. It was the first time Leyla would actually do that in a closed building but this tavern, soon to be inn, had a possibility for it which she simply wanted to try.

JackieCat

"I'm staying, all right," Faelis said, smiling, but the smile was wiped from his face as he saw a man behind Leyla rise.

The man walked up to their table and glared at Faelis.  The man was big and the elf sighed. The man looked dangerously at Faelis and then to Leyla. "I think you'd better, sram, elf," the man said, smiling a broken-toothed grin.

Faelis snorted, leaning back in his chair, tipping it onto the back legs and crossing his arms. "And who's going to make me?"

The man grunted and grinned wider. "I'm going to, punk.  This little lady and I have some meeting to do."

"Punk, punk?" Faelis grinned. "I like that."

And in a flash the elf was on his feet and he was grabbing the lapel of the big man's shirt.  A small dagger was in his hand, but only the man and Leyla could see it, it was hidden from the views of the other people in the tavern.

As it happened, Faelis recognised the big man, even if the other didn't recognise him.  The big man was a thief and mercenary, and Faelis knew him from his own jobs, which included thievery.  Thoguh unlike the elf, the mercenary was a violent and brutal man.

"Your little dagger doesn't scare me, elf!" the man said, and a slightly sadistic smile twisted itself onto Faelis's face, giving the before normal elf a somewhat insane and dark look.

"Oh really?" he said in a soft voice. "How about the name Selkin?"

Selkin was the name of a thieflord who Faelis sometimes worked for, the man was powerful and very rich but his name wasn't known by most people, he was mostly known as just a very powerful thieflord.  Hearing the name, the big man's eyes widened and Faelis let go of him, letting him step back and then turn and quickly rush away.  The knife disappeared from Faelis's hand an the elf sat back down at the table.

"I am sorry about that," he said, frowning. "I sort of lost it, in my own kind of way.  I hope I didn't alarm you too badly."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''You call that lost it?'' she asked suprised. Normally it would have ended up in a huge fight with broken bottles and gashed open faces.

''I am used to worse. But I admit I was perhaps... scared for a minute. But not as scared as the other guy was. Famous?'' she asked. It had been a while ago but it made her remember when she had been cuffed. At the least it did not come to that now.

''You are fast on your feet though. You could be a good dancer yourself. Unfortunatly my weakness to iron is to great or I would have picked up sword dancing. It gives me burns before I even touch it.''

Leyla drank some of  her mead and after another minute one of the musicians showed up telling her they would start again. She nodded and finished the drink with a smile.

''I should go to the stage again.'' she said before getting on her feet. ''Stick around afterwards if you'd like. Maybe another drink? Something small to eat? On me then.''
She winked before returning to the stage where she was given a tambourine.

Instead of iron though the zils were made of silver so she could use it safely.
The music started. First slowly before going into a more fit rhythm.
Leyla danced with passion that was for sure. Bending her body in near impossible positions. Using either her hands or feet to hold the tambourine with.

Until at some point she threw the tambourine towards one of the musicians who caught it and laid down before moving her body upwards and let her feet land softly in front of her head.

Most people cheered and clapped as whilest keeping her head in place, the rest of her body made a full circle. Walking around her own head before pushing her body up with a backflip. Moving to the sheets of silk that were actually out of place in a tavern like this.

She climbed and wrapped herself in the sheets. Performing several poses and positions before allowing herself to roll the whole way down ending up barely an inch above the wooden floor.

The falling though scared most of the men even for just a brief moment. The risk was always there that she had done even one move wrong which would cause her to land on the floor, hard. But all had went well and after skillfully releasing herself from the silken bounds, she bowed deeply and her performance of that night had ended. It had been a good final of 45 minutes.

The people seemed happy, which was good. Happy people usually meant they ordered more food, or drinks and a part of todays earnings the inn made would be hers to keep.

JackieCat

Faelis smiled at her compliment at him being fast on his feet, and when she left to continue her show he was thinking deeply about what she had said.

But soon the elf's thoughts turned back To Leyla.  Faelis watched as the young woman preformed her amazing show, and the elf applauded loudly when she was finished.

"You must be tired," he called to her. "Another Round?  On me?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I thought I said it would be on me. We could toss about it. Rock paper scizzors best of three?'' she said although she was joking. ''I will pay for this round. I cant have letting you pay for my dinner.

Again she felt the gazes of the other men and she turned around. ''Maybe you have your chance next time guys.'' she said before joining Faelis at the table again.

Despite it was already quite late, Leyla had not eaten yet. Dancing like she did on a full stomach was never a succes. She was still panting slightly from the exitement her performance brought her. Adrenaline still rushing a little through her body. Normally the sheets were attached to something she knew was really secure. The balcony railings of an inn or tavern, could not always be trusted and briefly she had felt the sheet slide at the knot.

''Anything you would like to eat?'' she asked.

JackieCat

"I know you said you would pay." Faelis smiled. "But that was forty-five minutes ago, I'd hoped you'd forgotten."

When she asked if he wanted anything to eat he shook his head. "No thank you, though I'll have another ale!"

Faelis had seen a performance similar to Leyla's before, but it hardly could be compared to the one he had just witnessed.  The other one had been okay, but the woman preforming hadn't been nearly as seamless and flowing in her actions as Leyla had been, and she hadn't been half as flexible.  "The show was wonderful," Falis said. "I've never seen anyone do what you did there."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I take that as a huge compliment'' Leyla said.

One of the tavernwenches asked for their order and Leyla ordered an ale for Faelis, another mead for herself and something small to eat without meat.

''Although it may be a while until I will dare doing the sheets act indoors... I am not as lightweighted as I thought. For a moment I thought one of the sheets would get loose.'' she admitted. ''But it went well.'' she was in very high spirits.

''So. You know I am a dancer, but what are you.'' she asked.

JackieCat

"Me?" Faelis said. "I'm a freelancer, not really sticking in one place.  I do multiple jobs around the city and sometimes even around the world."

He wasn't going to tell her was a thief, not yet, at least.  And saying he was a freelancer wasn't a lie at all, he wasn't even bending the truth, he did do many different jobs, legal and illegal.  Though if there was one thing Faelis was not, it was a killer.  The elf avoided this at nearly all costs, except when his own life was in grave danger.  He only had ever killed in self defense, and he would never, never, kill a child.

"I sometimes will work on a shop, then I'll run errands, then I'll be keeping an eye out for a noble who had hired me."  Faelis smiled. "I do a lot of different things."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

Leyla's eyes sparkled when he mentioned he had been outside the world.

''Sounds wonderful'' she said with a smile. ''The world huh? How... how is it like?'' she asked. Kato surely did not tell her much before he left.

''Hopefully when I have made enough money to hire someone I would love to move elsewhere. I do not mind Arca but... seeing the world is actually a secretly long dream of mine. I do not know much about the world outside of Arca but I know enough that it is not a place for a girl who can barely fend for herself.''

''So I like to hear everything there is to be told. Books excluded.''

JackieCat

"It can be a brutal place," Faelis said, clasping his hands together on the table. "I've come across many different kinds of people, from violent mercenaries to benevolent mages to bakers and blacksmiths.  People, of all races, are unpredictable.  A thief may become good friends with an innocent, honest woman, or a good country farmer could side with a villainous mage.  You can't always rely on people, but sometimes you have to take a chance and trust them, believe in them. Sometimes they will betray you, and then you have a problem on your hands, but if you chose wisely in your friends, then the trust you put in them will repay any betrayals in your past."

Faelis stopped talking abruptly.  What the hell?  He was getting all mushy and poetic now?  He wasn't really that kind of guy, but maybe somewhere, inside, he was an honest man.  Still a thief, but, if possible, an honest one.  Though the elf knew his cocky side wasn't a show, that was real as well.

Faelis shook his head. "Wow, I can't believe I just said all that, I'm usually not that, well, deep."
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''It is not bad being deep from time to time if you usually aren't. It is always amusing to suprise yourself.'' Leyla replied.

She thought a moment about trust. ''Trust wise though... I've kind of... been there already. Never trust a childhood friend who suddenly leaves without a word, after he had an arguement with his father, does not give a single reply to letters sent once a month for four years... appears again saying he would never leave again and leaves anyway.'' she muttered a rather innocent swearing word. Well. Innocent for as far as those kind of words could go.

She sighed briefly before looking at Faelis again. ''Are you traveling alone?'' As she asked, the servingwench placed a pint of ale, a glass of meat and a plate of stirfried food down on the table before excusing herself again.

JackieCat

Faelis nodded asshe described the one who had betrayed her. "I know how you feel, my parents betrayed me, though in a different way.  I'm a prince, actually, but I wasn't the heir to the throne, my older brother was, so while he was treated almost like a king, my parents never paid any attention to me.  I ran away when I was fifteen."

When she asked if he traveled alone he nodded again. "I do, though sometimes I travel with another, though only for short periods of time, then one of us has to go.  It's sometimes lonely, but I kind of like it, though company is nice every once in a while." He held up his glass and toasted Leyla. "And if I ever met anyone who was the right person, staying with them would be fine, I just haven't met that person yet."  He smiled softly, and took another drink of his ale.

"You said you would like to travel, what kind of traveling?  Just going out to see the world?  Or would you have some sort of quest?  And you say you don't know mush about the world, would you travel alone?"
My Open Threads!

My Characters!
Flordia

~The Doctor

SilmeriaElemred

''I would love to see the world. Learn new types of dances, see culture and have some nice adventures, challenges and perhaps a bit risky things along the way. Eat weird stuff that are local delecacies. A quest sounds like fun.''

''Sorry to hear about what your parents did. I am an only child so I can not relate but I am sure it must have been horrible.''

The cutlery she had received was made of smooth wood and she took it in her hands. ''If iron gets near my skin it gives me first degree burns. Traveling alone kind of scares me. I can not fight. At all. If I get robbed, mugged... taken... anything, there is nothing I can do about it. One pair of iron cuffs and I'm a ragdoll...'' despite all that she did smile. ''Which is... why I can not go on my own.'' she took a bite from her meal which tasted really good from her point of view. Then again. Almost everything tasted well on an empty stomach.

Tags: