Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Magic and Moon [private mature]

Started by Greenery, June 30, 2015, 01:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenery

Oh! That made much better sense. he thought to himself before Raen said that there wasn't going to be meat for dinner. Vertus had no problem with that. He was willing to part take in the cultural beliefs; after all, it's the least he could do.

This time when they left the room, Vertus wasn't holding Raen's hand anymore. That too wasn't a problem for him so he didn't mind. After walking through the wooden doors with the moon and sun painted on them, he heard crying and quickly turned his attention to a woman holding a star in her hand. That must've been the weeping star

Raen then gestured for him to go first into the room. His heart was raising, but knew he had to walk in. So he did.

SilmeriaElemred

Inside, there were white marble flowerpots on pedestrials and stained glass coloring the floor as the sunlight casted its light on it. A gentle breeze made the curtains move gently and in the room where three Moonelves. One woman and two men. The men wore loose silver silken robes and the woman black. But with all three, the robes were almost transparent.

''Please. Proceed.'' the woman said kindly making a calm gesture with her hands to Vertumnuns.

Raen had entered too and softly closed the door behind him. The woman smiled although the men seemed to look at the young moonelf a bit more disappointed. Or at the least irritated.

Raen sat down on the floor and gestured for Vertumnuns to sit beside him.

---

''Livia told us you discarded your harvesting duty earlier, and that you arrived earlier with this young man. Is that correct?'' One of the male elders poke.

''Yes sir.'' Raen said

''Normally we do not lead them to the village ourselves Raen. Those who seek help and guidence while lacking bad intentions are lead here by the illusions the forest provides. You know this. Can I ask why you discarded the rules?'' the woman asked calmly.

''I found him in the woods Lady Milliana. He was upset. It was not how a bad person would behave. Feeling he most likely should not be exposed to the illusions I made sure that with this trip he was not affected.'' Raen replied calmly.

''And then instead of bringing him straight to us you brought him to your place?'' a male elder said in a somewhat disappointing tone.

Raen nodded. ''Making him feel at ease, was something I felt was a better choice then immediatly throw him in front of the wolves...''

the expressions of the male elders stiffened while the woman giggled.

''..In a matter of saying.'' Raen said finishing his scentence.

''May I ask your name and what brought you to these woods kind stranger?'' the woman asked. She at the least seemed a lot more easygoing then her fellow elders.

Greenery

The inside was even more beautiful than the outside was. If it hadn't been for the three moonelves standing in front of them by a few feet. It was a bit intimidating, but he knew that he couldn't show weakness. When the woman spoke, he came forward, but stopped half way when Raen gave him a look to sit down. Vertus blushed slightly with embarrassment and went back down to sit beside him. Their knees almost over lapping slightly.

When Raen's conversation with the elders was done, it was his turn to speak. "Well, my name is Vertumnuns Armus, I'm seventeen years of age, and a learning sorcerer." That might have been too much information. Oops.

"T-the reason why Raen led me here, good elders, was because I was...crying." He cleared his throat. "My parents don't understand me and it hurt too much so I was offered to stay here and I accepted. I plan to work with the other moonelves." He glanced over at Raen. "He has made me feel welcomed and I honor that." Vertus put his hand on Raen's thigh for emphasis.

SilmeriaElemred

''You see? Raen is not that much of a bad person'' Milliana said. The two men seemed to soften up a little too. First had been thinking Raen just did not feel like doing his duties and slacked off, daydreaming or playing with the creatures in the forest or play chase with his wolf. But they could let him slip. This time.

Milliana with gracious steps approached them and sat down in front of them. Her black hair moving like silk threads from the same breeze that moved the curtains.

''Like everyone else who seeks help, you are welcome to stay and will be given your own quarters.'' her gaze briefly went to Raen before looking back at the sorcerer. ''I am sorry if I pry.'' she started. Looking into his eyes. If Vertus had ever seen an expression of motherly love, he'd know this was really close to it. ''What is it your parents do not understand?''

Raen looked at Vertus and gave a calm smile. ''it's alright.'' he assured him. Placing his hand on the one Vertus placed on him.

''What is spoken here will not leave this room or us.'' A male elder spoke.

Greenery

Vertus smiled more when he realized that Raen was no longer in trouble for leading him to the secretive village. One last thing he had to worry about screwing up.

When the female elder, named Lady Miliana, came toward him, his heart beat started to raise and his hand that once laid gently on Raen knee now had gripped it. However, it was something about her that he sensed was...maternal.

Gulping, he answered her question after a while of slience. "They...they don't understand that I have feelings for guys, like I do for...girls." He wanted to hug his knees to his chest, but couldn't find the strength to it. "And practice magic...they don't like that either."

SilmeriaElemred

''I see.'' Milliana said and closed her eyes for a moment. ''you will find no negative judgement here. However your parents will need to be notified you are here. It can be done by letter.'' she remained where she sat for now.

''You said you were a learning sorcerer correct? What kind of? We need to find you a proper teacher for when you are not working.'' a male elder spoke.

''I will teach him.'' Milliana said before getting on her feet.

''Absolutely not!''

''Oh Rufus... don't be such a stiff.'' she said with a giggle causing the man to be startled for a moment. ''My last one just graduated. Besides, my feeling tells me he needs more then just a teacher.''

''You sure?''

''Yes Vigarus. I'm sure,'' the woman confirmed.

''Very well.'' Rufus spoke.

''Is there anything else? questions you might have? Things you need?'' Vigarus asked.

Greenery

"Yes, Madam. I'll make sure they know I'm safe." He nodded his head once before smiling some, looking over at Raen and attempted to move his hand from his knee, thinking that Raen wanted him to move it.

"Well, I'm practicing nature magic right now, elder. Hm..I've been able to commune with plants and animals, locate bodies of water and animals, hm..." Vertus thought for a moment. "I can do little weather control? Like a shower or something, but I can control plants." That's all he knew for now. "I've  dedicated my life to the Earth Mother so she blushed me with nature magic."

Vertus smiled more when the female elder offered to teach him. "No, no more questions. Thank you so much for your warm welcome."

SilmeriaElemred

''Alright. Would any questions come up later I am sure that Raen will not mind answering them.'' Rufus said.

''I would be delighted.'' Raen replied and looked at Vertus before getting on his feet and offered his hand to him once more.

''Raen, you can lead your friend to the guest quarters, fifth room. Vertumnuns, I shall pick you up tomorrow after breakfast.'' Milliana said.

''Fifth room... directly below mine'' Raen said.

''Really? hmm did not think of that. But you have no problem jumping down from your balcony now do you.'' Milliana replied on  teasing tone.

''You two can go. Best of luck Vertumnuns.'' Rufus said with a calm smile.

Greenery

Vertus stood up with the help of Raen and smiled at the elders. "Thank you again." He said after Lady Milliana stated where he would be sleeping as the time when he would have a private practice with her.
The darker skinned human raised an eyebrow when he found out that his room was right below Raen's. He smiled widely, but quickly wiped the stupid facial expression from his face.

"Thank you, sir." He bowed before opening the door and walking out. "That  went better than I excepted it to go." Vertus laughed a bit. "D-do you think Lady Milliana assigned me to that room because she knew it was underneath yours?"

SilmeriaElemred

''I bet she did it on purpose'' Raen said after he closed the door. He was relieved that he was 'forgiven' for his way of acting.

''Want me to lead you to your room first or do you prefer a small tour.'' he asked.

Greenery

He nodded  slowly and thought about what they should do. "I think we should do the tour first, then we can go to my quarters." Vertus smiled a bit and let go of his hand. "So, where are your parents?" He asked as they started to walk.

SilmeriaElemred

''My mother and father are currently working but are in the nearest town. Trading and selling some of the things we make here. They should be back at the end of the week.'' Raen replied and thought of where to start first. He figured starting where they currently were, was the best.

''At the temple here we have one of the living quarters. Usually those who are in their late teens live here and the guests. On the left side of the first floor are the guest quarters, and on the right the temple where we have the main shrine. Also. Guest quarters, glass house, the baths and the Elder meeting room are the only places here that have doors. In the middle is this place here.'' he pointed to where they had just come from. He then pointed at two buildings against one another, not to far away. ''That is the school with our library. It is not much but for us, enough.''

He pointed out a few more living quarters for couples and families before gesturing to the garden. ''Want to take a stroll through there?'' he asked.

Greenery

Vertus nodded his head slowly and listened to him speak. "Ah, I see." So his parents were traders too. That was cool, his own father worked as a fresh produce salesmen while his mother was a tavern waitress.

He looked at the temple as well as the school and library. It was all very beautiful and elegant. Vertus wished that Earth Mother had a temple that he could worship in instead of a shrine made out of sticks, stones, and grass. "Yeah! Let's look at the garden, shall we?" He grinned and headed toward the gorgeous flowers and shrubs.

SilmeriaElemred

Raen watched him for a moment before joining Vertus. ''The plants in this section of the garden are mainly for medical purposes and used for creams or as a base for scented oils.''

There are a lot of medicinal herbs, all neatly ordered and easy to reach by either the main marble path or some smaller paths made of pebbles. There were trees on several places as well and benches where they provided shade.

After the medicinal garden Raen lead Vertus to a different kind of garden with lovely smelling flowers. They passed a few couples as well. Two woman who shared a playful kiss after one gently put a flower in the other ones hair and were friendly greeted by a father and a child.

At a fountain in the middle, there was a male couple as well and some males and female couples. ''See? Nothing to fear here.'' he said as the mail couple resumed their walk with their fingers entwined, heading towards a section filled with many kinds of roses.

Greenery

Now this is what drew his attention. He had seen the majority of the medical plants by name as well as their usage in potions, pastes, cures, and elixirs. Vertus' smile couldn't get any wilder when they went toward the scented plants. Ah, lilac, rosemary, mint, daisy, and others.

His attention turned to look at the female couple which kind of took him off guard. Then he turned to see another same sex couple by the fountain as well as some heterosexual couples. Just to see this made a tear form in his eye. It slowly slid down his dark cheeks. "I, uh." He sniffed and turned his back Raen. "W-where do we eat?"

SilmeriaElemred

''At my parents' place. Livia is most likely already there making the suprise meal. She is a really good cook for her age. So don't worry.'' he assured. ''She is one of those persons though that she does not want anyone to see what she is making until it is litterly served.''

Raen replied. ''Are you alright?'' he asked before standing beside him. ''Freedom like this must not be easy to get used to.Let it sink in for a while. You can stay here for as long as you wish. Or until you break rules but I do not think that is going to occur.'' he said and placed his hand on Vertus' shoulder.

''Come. There is another section of the garden you'd might like to see. We are not allowed to speak there, only whisper. But it are the relaxation water gardens. Usually people come there to meditate or a short nap on the grass.''

Greenery

The young sorcerer nodded his head and smiled sheepishly at Raen. "Oh, that's right. I forgot." Vertus  smiled back at the fountain area. Everything was so peaceful here, no wonder they wanted to keep this area a secret from the outside world.

"Yes, I'm fine. Let's go  to that area." Vertus offered and out stretched a hand to Raen, hopping he would hold it. He only did this because he had come fond of Raen and because, here, in the village, it was okay for two males and two females to hold hands.

"Lead the way, please." He looked down at his hand, then back at his golden eyes.

SilmeriaElemred

Raen nodded and took Vertus' hand but instead of walking, he started to run. Not very fast of course.

A few of the others softly shook their heads but smiled. They were used to Raen's behaviour by now. He did stop running just before they reached the water gardens. As exited as he was, he did respect his people's place and the rules. This section was for peace and quiet. There were little fountains and ponds everywhere. Most containing fish, even exotic ones such as Koi. Doves, sparrows, and small sing birds whistled their songs and the humminbirds drank nectar from either the powers or small glass drinking containers. There were also butterflies and various bees, benefiting from the present flowers.

Raen did not release the sorcerers hand and had thus far always held it gently.

As the moonelf lead his new friend through the garden they passed several couples sitting in the grass. Sleeping, or meditating. And a few others were alone. Everyone here seemed so contend it almost did not seem real. Strangely enough though, it was.

Greenery

Vertus was taken by surprise when his new friend started to jog toward the silent area. Once he got there, he took in a deep, quiet breath, looking at the animals and the quietness of the area. He greeted all the animals telepathically, even the fish that swam in the ponds.

As he was led through the garden, he saw how those who were there  were either sleeping or mediating. He gave one more look around before he saw a spot for them to sit so he tugged on Raen's hand gently and sat down in the grass, still holding his hand. Closing is eyes, a small doe came and sniffed at him, then came and laid down in front of him. The doe  rested her head on his thigh and slowly started to drift off.

SilmeriaElemred

''Milliana knows which student she picks.'' Raen whispered softly. He would not mind a little nap but did not want to risk missing dinner time knowing his sister was working extra hard on it. They had about 4 more hours before dinner time.

He moved his white blonde hair to one side for a moment. Thinking that perhaps he would let it to be cut again a little. He did not understand how most women of his kin could endure having their hair till their lower back, and a hand few, even their calves. Speaking of which, one of the priestesses was near too. Aluria, who was still in apprenticehood. With a silver carafe she refilled the bowls at the shrines and tended to the flowers. She then approached them and simply smiled gently rather then speaking, giving a nod to both men before resuming her duties.

''Want to rest a bit?'' Raen asked Vertus very softly.

Tags: