Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Magic and Moon [private mature]

Started by Greenery, June 30, 2015, 01:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenery

He nodded his head, thinking. "I guess being that one guy who is out there isn't a good thing here." Vertus laughed lightly before taking another sip of the apple juice. "And no, not really...no boyfriends yet. Although I had one girlfriend when I was fifteen, but I broke it off." The dark skinned creature smiled sheepishly at Raen. "Hopefully I might find someone here. Like you said, moonelves don't care what gender or race you are as long as there is a strong mental connection."

Of course Vertus had crushes on guys, but he never reacted on them. Afraid that either they were straight and would tell their parents or if they did date, his parents finding out. And to him, that was a fate worse than death.

SilmeriaElemred

''We bind ourselves to the one we feel attracted too. if it is mutual, the two have intercourse. It is not only the the bodies that become one it is the mind as well. And when that had occured we will never love anyone else. We are not that much of an old race so couples thus far mostly stick together. Sometimes they spend time away from one another as well to find themselves but always come back. The one time I was away for a week to the capital and people asked they laughed. I still do not understand why. Being loyal and faithful to one partner is not bad. At least not in my eyes. Never understood how men could go into a brothel and become one with multiple women at the same week or even the same night. I choose it would be best if I choose not to attempt to understand it. It is a change in the races. And I don't judge them negativly about it.''

Greenery

"I guess you're right, Raen. Some people just like to shake it up sometimes, you know? For some people, they would like to...taste the fruit before buying it." Vertus blushed a bit, but shrugged it off. The human looked over at the night sky and smiled to himself, thinking. He put his hand over the arm rest of the chair and studied his body before quickly looking away. "I'm starving." Vertus laughed a bit. "Oh! And instead of working in the garden, I want to help in the infirmary. I've been reading some apothecary learner's books so I know my herbs and cures."

SilmeriaElemred

''That is something you can discuss with Milliana. But she tends to both the orchard like I do, medicinal plants, and processing them to useable pastes and medicine. After checking the trees I usually make my round in the forest to harvest bushes, mushrooms and edible roots..''

It was then Livia came in and placed the first plate on the table for Vertus. It a risotto with green herbs and goat cheese with roasted vegetables and mushrooms and she placed down a bowl of herbal-vegetable soup as well. After placing down the soupbowls and plates, she walked a final time placing down a basked that contained slices of bread.

''I hope it tastes well.'' she said with a wide smile on her face.
''You are spoiling us to much sis'' Raen said and rubbed his sister's head. ''Well done. I am sure it tastes as good as it looks and smells.''
His sister litterly shone with pride hearing the praisings of her big brother.

Greenery

"I'll talk about it with her tomorrow then." With that being said, he turned his attention to Oilvia and smiled widely when the food came out. Everything looked amazing and he couldn't help, but to take in a deep breath and admire the smells of the meat free meal.

"This is all looks very good, Olivia. Thank tou for cooking this meal for all of us." All of us as in Livia, Raen, and himself. Then the bread came out. Good Earth did the bread smell divine. He glanced back at the food. "Well you be dining with us as well?" He asked, smiling kindly at Raen's little sister.

SilmeriaElemred

The girl nodded and returned indoors one more time to fetch the carafe of juice and cutlery. Placing it on the table before climbing on the chair. ''there we go'' she said and dug in her meal first. seems like she was rather hungry as well.

Raen once more thanked her for the meal before he started to eat as well. The vegetables and risotto, as well as the soup tasted good. Not to salty and although Livia would need to reconsidder the amount of herbs she used, it did not ruin the meal.

''Your meals are getting better nad better that is for sure.'' he said complimenting his sister. He remembered the first soup she had made. Which was very salt and so full of vegetables the spoons could stay standing upright. But the girl loved cooking a lot despite she was not actually big enough to properly work on the counter without something to stand on.

Greenery

"Good." He laughed a bit when his little friend came back to the table with more food. After both of them started eating, Vertumnuns dug into his meal as well. Surprisingly everything was good than what he thought it would be. He grabbed a slice of bread and used it to scoop up the soup. 

Vertus decided to take a little break from eating and converse with Olivia. "So, have you tried using garlic and onions in your dishes? They both had quiet a tasteful punch." He took another scoop of his soup before going to the main dish, devouring it gracefully as possible.

SilmeriaElemred

''Yes I did.'' the girl said with a smile. ''Onions and garlic are really good for you after all. But I never use a lot of it. It makes my breath smell funny'' she jestered.

''Livia is the type of person who loves garlic. She used to eat the garlic toes whole.'' Raen said with a smile. The girl simply laughed proudly. I like raw vegetables as well though.'' she stated.

''Does everything go well though Livia. Being alone here? You know I was actually against it...''

''I need to try and it is going well. I am not afraid anymore.'' she said and pointed to the sky. ''they watch over me too and when I feel even a bit sad I hear Lunaria whispering kind words. So I am alright.'' the girl replied before looking at Vertus again.

''Are you going to live here?'' she asked.

Greenery

Vertus listened to their conversation as he continued to eat his food. The conversation between older brother and younger sister was quiet interesting. He himself had an older sister that moved from the hustle and bushel of the city to the countryside. Now I know why.

"Live here? Well I plan to for a while. I have several reasons why I want to." He glanced over at Raen and smiled.

SilmeriaElemred

''I hope you will like it here'' Livia said. ''If you want my prepared food let me know and I will bring it to you. Although the quarters in the moonbuilding all have the materials to prepare meals with.''

''Raen can cook as well but he mainly works with fruit. He is a sweettooth.'' she said.

Raen did nothing to deny that since indeed he was. He had been told many times not to eat so many of what he harvested. Something he now actually no longer did. After all. It was their way of survival to harvest everything they had and divide it properly which was also why it was important for him to do his full harvest rounds.

Many other foods were traded for rolls of their silk which was on high demand for nobility and royalty for its quality and durability. There were even rumors magic was weaved into the cloth.

''I do hope when dinner is done you two have room for dessert.'' Livia said. Her plates and amount of food were less then what her brother and Vertus got and she had already finished her soup.

''How many did you actually make.'' Raen said with a chuckle.

Livia blushed a little. ''As much as I could.'' she admitted with a giggle. ''Do not worry I did not raid the stockroom that much.'' she assured.

Greenery

The guest nodded his head. "I probably will, Livia. I enjoying cooking myself. It's mixing in things and seeing how they react." Vertus explained before being silent and listening to how Raen had a sweet tooth. That was good to know for the future. He continued eating his food until there was none left. "I know that was vegetarian, but also good." He pointed out before standing up from the table and smiled. "I want to salute you, Olivia for making this wonderful meal. You, Raen for guiding me to this wonderful and serene village, and to the Earth, Sun, Moon, and stars." With that, he sat back down, gulping down the juice.

SilmeriaElemred

Livia got on her feet as well, only on the chair since otherwise she'd had to climb down her chair again and bowed gracefully to Vertus.

''I am pleased my food has been approved mi-lord'' she said proudly.

''And I am glad I could help you.'' Raen spoke with a smile and calm nod.
---

when the main course was done Livia cleaned up the plates and retrieved the dessert which was a kind of pudding woth cocoa and vanilla.

Greenery

"Next time I will cook for you both." Vertus finished off of his drink and simplied sat back in his seat. Relaxing and tried not to go to sleep. Raen and him had to go to the bathhouse; and then back to his guest room. Vertus remembered nights like these that jogged his memory back from the time when he would help his mother cook dinner. A small smile came across his face, but he quickly wiped it off. Those times were over.

SilmeriaElemred

''There you go.'' she said after placing the three small bowls with pudding on the table.

''what will you boys do after dinner?'' Livia asked.

''We will take a bath and then I will bring Vertus to his quarters. And then, talk a bit'' Raen replied.

''dont go to sleep to late'' Livia noted. ''After dinner I will clean up the mess I made, take a quick bath myself and sleep.''

Greenery

He smiled and looked at the pudding that was placed in front of them. "Thank you, Livia." He took a little taste of the pudding before taking spoonful of it. This was also pretty good. Smooth and not to rich.

"I'm pretty excited to see how my room looks." Vertus smiled widely, raising an eyebrow at the two of them before taking another spoonful.

SilmeriaElemred

''How do rooms look like where you live?'' Raen asked.

The guest quarters were not that different from the other rooms from the temple. Only the furniture was different. And there were of course no personal  belongings. But thee was always a fruitbowl, carafe of water and cups or glasses to drink from.

Greenery

"Uhm, well we have a cottage styled home. I had my own bedroom so that was good. Our kitchen was of good size, connecting with a rather large living room which I barely sat in." He laughed a bit. "In all, there are...five rooms." He smiled and continued eating the pudding. "Oh! And our bathroom is outside." He added with a smirk..

SilmeriaElemred

''I want to see!"' Livia said xitedly. ''Maybe I will take you to the city some day to look around.''

Livia chuckled. ''As if they'd still let you in... if they see you again they'll hide in their homes.''

''I was not that bad...'' Raen objected.

''You played chase, with a mature dire wolf... in a busy street while there was a market...'' Livia replied.

''What. Kira had my pants I wanted them back... I can not help it a dire wolf is faster on its feet then I am...'' he muttered but itwas clear he could actually now see the fun of it.

''Besides it does not have to be the same city..'' he added.

Greenery

"Yeah hopefully." He laughed a bit and folded his arms over his chest. "Well that sounds interesting." He grinned at Raen, not surprised that he would do something like that. Vertus decided to let the brother and sister talk so he got up and pushed in his chair, grabbed his pudding, and went to stand by the rail of the balcony. Everything was going well for him.

Vertus decided to use some of his magic and bless the fields of crops, smiling. He was going to contribute to this place.

SilmeriaElemred

When the pudding was done, Livia brought the rest of the plates to the kitchen. ''I will clean up. You boys should take a bath. I will head your way tomorrow Raen. Breakfast for three.'' she said jolly and started to clean up the plates, glasses and everything she had used to have made this dinner.

Raen always offered his sister to help but she refused. Today was no different. ''Shall we go them?'' Raen asked and gestured towards the door. ''Also. Do you wish to bathe alone, with me or in the big public one.''