Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Predetermined Futures

Started by Laraine, July 01, 2015, 01:19:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laraine

Raine listened as the other spoke. Once he spoke of teaching her some very potent magic she surmised, she frowned. Really thinking deeply, she weighed the pros and cons of what he was saying.

Honestly, she was hesitant to learn more magic. Because the amount she had at the moment was more than enough to make enemies of her own family. Would learning more, possibly create new problems? New enemies she would have to fight off until she died?

That unnerved her, It was hard to really commit to this. Because of how much her own power affected her life and the lives of those she held dear. She opened her mouth and closed it once, then twice. Clenching her hands into fists, a internal battle raged within her.

Her more logical side explained to her that this was the only option at this point to keep from dying. But her other side, the more emotional was saying that this was wrong, it was dangerous and it would do nothing but hurt her in the end.

Finally, after a couple minutes of silence, she looked up, swallowing heavily.

"If...If...you think this is the right thing to do. I will do it." She said, determined. "It's not that I'm not interested mind you. But the magic might make me more of a target....I feel..that's all I'm worried about..."

SilmeriaElemred

''Having a lot of magic should not nessesarily make you a target. But me teaching you what I know. I just think it will be really useful for you. Unlike me, you will most likely not even have to draw the circles in the matter I do. You can draw them with magic if you can place it down good enough. And your ribs are not the only things I can put marks on. Annoying part is, is that there is limited space and therefor not everything that rune magic has to offer regarding protection can be placed there.'' He spoke calmly before getting on his feet and drew a few symbols. A perfect circle, triangle, 5, 6, 7 and 8 pointed stars and a square.

''Rune magic does not work well or at all if the following shapes are faulty. Markings are placed in the circle which makes the magic more specific. Something you actually do want with this. Relocating a person at random could make him or her, or yourself end up in a wall. What I used earlier, was a binding and relocation rune. You always use the circle as the basics for simple binding. Like I did before. A triangle the foundation of simple protection.''

Laraine

Raine wasn't sure at first, but when the other started to speak, she watched as he drew those symbols and memorized them as best as she could. However while she was still nervous about the other putting them on her ribs, she knew she wanted help to defeat her family. And this was the best way to defeat them. She would take this chance and trust this man. She had no reason not to trust him so far. "I'll try it by drawing it first, then I will try it with magic. I want to practice as much as possible to make sure I can handle it."

She would have to practice a lot to be sure in battles she would be able to use it correctly without making any mistakes. "Thanks again for doing this for me, so what's next? Want me to practice drawing them out?"

SilmeriaElemred

Kayden nodded. ''We start with the circle and triangles. Of course those are not enough. The runes, is where the magic comes from. The shapes they are drawn with channel the runes and make them work. You will need to memorise the meaning of the runes and how to combine them. And it are... a lot. But I will not go faster then you can handle.'' he assured. ''And the first I will teach you is how to make binding circles and banishing circles so you do not have to nessesarily kill those who pursuade you.'' he paused and got on his feet.

''Alright. Show me what you can do. Perfect circles and triangles please. After all if they already are not drawn well then the runes will not channel properly.

Laraine

Raine nodded slowly at the others words, absorbing what he was saying. She hummed and grasped her wand, drawing circles and triangles within the earth beneath them. She concentrated as hard as possible, drawing out as many as possible to hopefully make them perfect. Her first tries were far from that. But she was still new at this. She wasn't used to this type of magic.

But she knew she could get better so she kept trying, wanting to show the other that she could succeed.

SilmeriaElemred

It did not take long for Kayden to get on his feet calmly and inspected what she drew. ''Not bad, not bad at all. Keep at it.'' he said kindly. He wiped out those that were the worst and let those stay that could be used. Well. Used for the very easy non dangerous stuff that was.

''Rune and circle magic, only works if you know the meaning of what you draw. The runes I used to transport the demon from before to another place were runes which for my people meant mud, animal, wood and empty. Having the picture in your mind, is what seals the deal. If you would stand in my binding circle I made there, you could've walked through. Because my interpertation of demon is not race bound. You need to combine the meaning of the rune with what you make, in your head. I am going over in my mind which runes I will teach you first for survival. Do, use it only at last resort. Doing this to much, saps your strength easily for it channels a bit if your energy to work.''

Laraine

Raine listened to him carefully before nodding and glancing back at her drawings in the dirt. She continued to draw them out until the other was satisfied. "What is the next step?" She asked, curious.

SilmeriaElemred

''Scolding me for giving my books away.'' Kayden jestered although did get on his feet drawing a variety of symbols. A wing merely existing out of a few sharp lines for the lower feathers and a fluent for the upper line, with a symbol in it. ''This symbol, stands for good.'' he drew another. Another wing, but different symbol. ''Thisone, stands for evil.''

He tapped the ground with his staff twice. ''The one writing the rune, always makes the call what he or she sees as evil. You pour feelings into drawing these things. To know one rune, a person needs to know the opposite one too if there is any. There are object runes. Also known as solid runes. And there are non object runes who are mainly actions and emotions.''

He drew two more. ''Trap, or capture, and release, or freedom.''

Two more runes. ''Banish. Summon. Runes work on any surface as long as the drawing of them can linger. It can be in dust. Even if magic is shaped in their form they work. Or even blood. Water. Name it''

''Regardless of where you are, and which additional runes you present, you can remove chains from someone, or bind a person with them. If of course you know the rune for chain.'' which he also made.

''To banish like I did before, if you need to make one on the spot for a quick escape, you write the runes in the following order. Trap. First indicating it as indeed trap. Second time you draw the same symbol, hold. Third. Banish. Fourth symbol, where. Adittional symbols for a more specific place. Like I did. Five markings suffice and a circle is enough for a quick escape. If you are capable of planning the circle, place a circle surounded five pointed star in the middle but do not use up all space. Divide the space between the inner and outer circle in five equal sized places where you can draw the runes on.''

He paused for a moment taking another step on the ground. ''Good. Erase those you are least satisfied with. We will practise the first symbols I've drawn here.'' he drew another although it seemed to be more of a word instead of an action. ''Pigstall. In case you find it just as hilarious as me to dump him back at the pig farm again.''

Laraine

Raine's head spun with all the new information he was giving her and simply nodded, soaking it all in. Still she couldn't help cracking a smile at the others last words and chuckled a bit. "Yeah I wouldn't mind that at all." Grinning, she quickly erased all the circles she didn't like and kept one she really thought was decent.

She decided to practice the ones he was showing her and tried to write as neatly as possible. She kept all her focus into the practice and listened to him well into the night. Finally after a few hours of practicing and making several circles, they both called it a day and Raine settled in for sleeping there that night. She didn't really have another place to go so she figured that this was the next best option.

"Do you have any place to stay Kayden?" She asked the other, curious.

SilmeriaElemred

''Me? No. I pay on a daily basis and always check out and bring my belongings with me. In case these things happen. Also. I'm a wanderer. I can settle down without a problem but I just always go where my feet take me.

He was a bit suprised and slightly worried though that the demon had not arrived yet. He had imagined to have angered the demon so much with his actions that he would come straight away. But maybe he had returned to his realm to learn about what he had just dealt with.

'Good luck with that' Kayden thought. All evidence of his race was gone and nothing and nobody could enter the ruins. Not without him anyway.

Maybe it was a safe place to go to with Laraine but then again. He feared it might be a prison for her. Made of white marble homes and roads. Inlaid with polished colored marble. The colored flags above the marketroads that provided the shade. Everything was as if time had frozen there. Escept there was no single soul there that lived.