Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Fall of Stardust [Lunaria]

Started by Ethereal-Star, August 04, 2015, 04:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Managing to get her bearings somewhat, Stardust stood up on shaky legs and gave Erian a weak smile. "Then we will counter this darkness together then."

With great sorrow, she looked around again, noting all the dead corpses, and withered plants. The grey fountain statue and awful smelling water. The way the sun didn't seem to penetrate the place anymore, a heavy darkness that hung over everything with dark shadowy shrouds of vileness. It was horrible to say the least. Taking a few deep breaths, Stardust managed to gain most of her composure back. "I promise you, we will defeat this."

SilmeriaElemred

Erian nodded. ''I may never be able to restore the lives lost and I have no ability to make this right to the families who lost their loved ones here but maybe if this place can be restored... I could at the least try to make ammends.'' he paused.

''I understand if you wish to leave this place for now... it is affecting you isn't it.'' Erian asked. ''I could investigate on my own a bit too... maybe there is something in the house that gives a clue what had happened.''

Ethereal-Star

Stardust shook her head no. "No, I promised to help you, and help you I shall. I just need...a moment is all." Taking a few more deep breaths, she finally straightened up to her full majestic glory and with a look of determination in her eyes, she said, "I feel I am ready now to venture inside. I will do my best, Erian."

While the environment was in fact making her sick, the silver unicorn would not let that stop her. A promise was a promise after all. Casting a spell of light and comfort around the both of them, she made to continue towards the interior grounds. Trying to not let the grisly sight bother her too much, the dead corpses seeming to stare at her as though pleading for her help to save them from some unknown fate. Whatever happened here was ghastly indeed, the thick heaviness in the air could not be denied or ignored.

SilmeriaElemred

Inside of the house it was not better; there were more corpses only they seemed to have been neatly lined up and a cloth, most likely once a curtain had been placed on them. And Gods there were many.

This was also where the source of it seemed to be though. A hauntingly feeling as if they were not alone as the very halls were seeped with the torment of the decay and death that happened here.

Erian excused himself briefly even as it 'became to much' for him.

Everything inside was covered in dust. From the plates and bowls that held the feastly wedding dinner to the windows. Scattered on the once smooth floor.

''I... damned this place didn't I...'' Erian asked when he returned a few minutes later.

Ethereal-Star

Here the feeling was much much worse. Again, Stardust felt ill, but this time it took longer for her to recover. So much torment... she thought, looking around with saddened eyes. While the holy spell helped some with the effects, it was not enough and as a result the unicorn was barely aware of Erian returning from wherever he had been.

Taking another deep breath, Stardust shuddered but answered his question truthfully. "This place...it may be lost to the darkness that festers here, but we will find a way to cleanse it. It will take quite some time though."

The silver unicorn needed several minutes to recover before she would try to enact her magic again. It would most certainly be a slow process, if it could be done at all. Despite the strength of Stardust's connection to the divine powers, even this would prove to be quite the challenge, the energies were so thick and harmful here... But she had to try.

SilmeriaElemred

Erian nodded. ''I do not think we find anything here in the ballroom... also this is where the magic was unleashed so also the strongest. We should not linger here.''

There were no animals alive. Mostlikely anything or anyone who tried to enter this foul place would die almost right away. Maybe tehre is something that can amplify your magic of good too.'' after another look around he started to walk up one of the stone stairs.

Ethereal-Star

Stardust weakly followed him, still weighted down by all the dark energies. She stumbled a bit on the stone steps but regained her balance soon enough. Soon they were at the top where a closed door awaited them. "What is up here?" she asked Erian.

SilmeriaElemred

''The bedrooms. Study's. Libraries. Meeting places... each corner of the mansion has a servant tower.'' Erian spoke. ''Maybe in the library there is something. I do know my grandfather had collected magic books and he had a private section of things others were never allowed to read. Weren't even permitted to set foot in that room.'' He looked around as if remembering where he had to do.

He felt a brushing presence and an eerie echo filled the hall. A ghostly plead asking to be saved. But it was just once before dying out.

Ethereal-Star

Stardust also felt the ghostly presence and heard the eerie plea that made itself known then. Without knowing more about the lost soul, there was little the silver unicorn could do to help it except to say a quick prayer. "Rest in peace lost soul, may the light soon embrace you in its infinite warmth and comfort."

Feeling her magic start to wane, she reinforced it again before following the man to wherever he was going. Many doors lined the hallways, much of it covered in cobwebs and dust, and even more a palpable darkness hung over everything.

SilmeriaElemred

In the study, and behind most doors in general the magic seemed to be less strong and after entering Erian closed the doors. The air was less thick and there seemed to be a different kind of magic here. ''Be careful for your own wellbeing. Please. I would not want you to get hurt...''

It was cold in the room and with the bit of wood present in the room he made a fire in the fireplace to warm things up a little. There were, a lot of books. But most of them surely would not be of much use.

''Wait here. I will go to the restricted section and gather some things up.''

Ethereal-Star

The door was closed to the outside hall and inside the surroundings felt somewhat better. The silver unicorn sat down on a worn and dusty rug after Erian had left, and looked around the room at what she could see. A couple bookcases lined the west wall left to right, all covered in years worth of dust and mildew. One or two spiders even called this place home, their cobwebs prevalent on the ceilings and south wall especially. The south wall had a door there and that was where Erian had gone through it to the restricted section.

Aside from a chandelier hanging from the ceiling, its once sparkly crystal now dulled with age, dust and dirt, the silver tarnished and dulled as well and a painting in between the two bookcases, there was nothing else of interest in here. Stardust waited patiently for the half-elf to return and simply lay her head down on the red and brown rug.

SilmeriaElemred

It took ovoer half an hour but Erian came back with a large tray of books. ''Seems someone in my family was not picky on the magic used or their aftereffects...'' Erian said.

He looked at Stardust with a worried expression. ''How are you feeling?''

Ethereal-Star

Stardust looked up as Erian returned from the back. Smiling weakly, she assured him, "Do not worry about me, I am as alright as can be in this particular circumstance. My magic protects me from most of the taint. At least in here though."

Nodding to the stack of books, she said, "Let's see what you found there, perhaps I can be of some assistance."

SilmeriaElemred

Erian nodded and sat down beside her making two piles of books. One for him and one for Stardust.''I will take the darker ones alright?'' He said and opened the first of his pile.

Some books did gave off a heavy taint and most seemed to be written works of demons. Foul ones at that. Even a book bound in human leather which held the words of Nekron. A high ranked demon who was named a hell god. There were parts one till six of the 7 books made.

Ethereal-Star

Stardust nodded and opened the first book on top using her horn. The taint was indeed dark and foul, and once again the unicorn felt ill but pressed on nonetheless. She had made a promise and she intended to keep it.

Gruesome illustrations and woodcut drawings filled many of the pages inside, with equally disturbing text to match. Stardust wasn't exactly sure what she should be looking for but decided that anything to do with the corruption of a place might be a good starting point. The fact that Erian seemed to know what he was doing should have concerned her some, but as of now she was trying to get over her discomfort of the books before her and of the place in general. As such, the silver unicorn didn't pay much attention to what the elven man was doing beside her. Or what exactly he was delving into.

SilmeriaElemred

''Nekron... I know I heard it before... a demon so strong it was also refered as a hell God... I do not think though it fits what is going on... despite one book is missing.'' he put the six books aside in a seperate pile and took another before he started to gasp for air and collapsed. Still breathing though but looked completely out of it.

The dark entity that had make itself known earlier the day appearing again.

''Never thought he would come back here.'' it said with a simple smirk and looked at Stardust waving at her nonchalantly.

''Like what we did to the place? If you could see ghosts you would know how many tormented ones are here right now. Their appearance as foul as their current existence. Trapped in eternal agony and pain. I must say this is one of my favourite places to be. Well. The main hall anyway. How are you holding up?'' it teased.

Ethereal-Star

Alarmed, the silver unicorn got up and went over to him worriedly. "Erian? Is everything alright? Erian?!" Before she could do anything else or conjure a spell that might help in this case, the demon from before showed up again.

Stardust cringed at the dark creature's words. Surely there was some mistake. After all demons were known for their lies and deceptions. Firmly, she held her head high and said to it, "You will not put the blame on this poor man. He was not willingly involved in any of this!"

Yet the darkness present in ever thickening waves had put the first seed of doubt in the unicorn's being that Erian was not as innocent as he claimed to be. Time eventually would reveal all.

SilmeriaElemred

''Why yelling. I said I'd keep quiet today. Magic wise anyway. Then again turning this party into a vulture fest was one of the best things ever! Sucking up all that life... ahhh it felt so good. Still...'' He patted the pile of six books. ''The seventh book was not here which was a bummer. You do not happen to know where it is do you? I'd rather find it before this body absorbes to much life from all around.''

He observed Stardust for a moment. ''Hmmm I wonder if you can save him before the darkness of this place consumes you both. I would not linger to long here though if I were you. Most ghosts here, are angry. And will come after the both of you. And their hatred. Is as strong as the pressure in the grand hall.''

Ethereal-Star

Stardust gazed at him head-on. "I will save him. I made a promise to him and it shall be done." Ignoring what he said about the missing book, she continued. "As long as I'm here, I will do my best to relieve Erian's suffering. As well as all these poor souls in this place."

She stopped talking and glanced at the elf beside her. "He will eventually be free from the darkness." Her horn shone brightly as a result of her determination, taking with it some of the chill in the air. "Light shall always win."

SilmeriaElemred

''I believe darkness and light thrive an equal amount of times. One needs to be engulfed in darkness to see the light. And one can only be engulfed in darkness after it knows the darkness.'' the demon said and started to juggle with the six other books.

''You will ease his suffering, one way or another.'' he stopped speaking and smiled at the display Stardust gave. ''Very good.'' he dropped the books again. It was quiet. Way, to quiet. At first though and then the moans and pleads of the ghosts filled the air. They were coming.

''I suggest th what's the word? Plainwalk out of here. Both of you. I like playtoys if they are alive.'' he snapped his fingers and vanished making Erian's body gasp for air as if he had almost drowned.

Tags: