Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Fall of Stardust [Lunaria]

Started by Ethereal-Star, August 04, 2015, 04:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethereal-Star

Stardust immediately went over to Erian and gently nudged him. "Are you alright?"

The moans and wails of the ghosts were in fact getting louder. But first the unicorn would see to Erian's well-being before doing anything else. The chandelier above them rattled and shook in warning as the spectres quickly approached, a taste of what was to come if they did not hurry...

SilmeriaElemred

Erian nodded weakly. Damn that demon consumed a lot of energy though. ''W-We need to go.''

Not that he could not handle these ghosts though. And he could not give a damn about wether they would make the place collapse or not. He just could not stand the smell of these restless spirits that his demon friend was promised when getting Stardust was complete.

There was banging against the door and pleadfull moans.

''Creature of the light...''
''save us!''
''Free us!''
''Become one of us...''

It were so many voices, of everyone whom had attended the party when the deadly wave had struck.

''Are you capable of teleporting?'' he asked.

Ethereal-Star

Looking to the door, the silver unicorn nodded slowly. When she turned back to face Erian, there was such an intense sadness and look of pity in her eyes hearing all those lost souls pleading for her help. And without more information to go on, she could do nothing for them at this time. Giving the door one last mournful look, Stardust steeled herself to move on. She would come back here later if she could to try to free their souls from this unbearable torment even if she had to lose countless nights of sleep in order to do it. They shouldn't have to suffer like that...

To Erian, she said, "Yes, let us leave this place. Though I should like to come back when I have more adequate information to try to help those trapped here. To bring them back to the light again."

Moving closer to Erian, she indicated for him to put his hand on her back so they could then teleport out. "I don't know how far we can go with the first teleport, being as my magic is sorely weakened in this place. Additional teleports may be needed." Indeed the protection spell had faded since she had last cast it, the energy having dissipated some few minutes ago.

SilmeriaElemred

Erian grabbed a few books he had not yet opened and gently placed his hand on Stardust's back.

''When you come back... maybe I should come with. It is my fault they are like this.'' he said.

The doors opened from their locks and a cold air met them like a freezing grasp. Spirits, deformed by their hatred, fear and pain slowly entered the room, crawled into the room. Even the children. All with hollow eyes and empty pleading voices.

Ethereal-Star

Seeing this made the unicorn hesitate again, once more pity forming in her silvery-white eyes. But she made them a promise before she and Erian would leave. "I will find a way to help you all, I promise you this. I promise. You all will see the light again, no matter how much work that may take from me!" The chilled air even penetrated through Stardust's thick coat and mane, and she shivered a little at the sheer frigidness of it.

Then she and the half-elf teleported out, with Stardust feeling immense guilt in the process. She felt like she had abandoned them and in a way she had, but there wasn't much else she could have done then. They landed by the cursed fountain with its grey dustiness and dead fish bone-ridden waters. The silver unicorn sighed and made to enact her power again as it was definitely weakened here.

Now landing closer to the pond where they had first met, the land there still dead and lifeless but slowly, ever so slowly starting to recover thanks to Stardust's influence, her presence alone being enough to help sow the seeds of healing and restoration. "There we go." she said, still saddened by the suffering of all the ghosts trapped in the palace. Stardust sat down then, as that had taken a lot out of her, and she needed to replenish her energies before doing anything else.

SilmeriaElemred

''I'm sorry...'' Erian said. ''I never should've dragged you into my mess...''

He looked at Stardust's weakened form. Her coat seemed a little duller. He wondered deep inside how much time Stardust would need to be back on full power. Did the unicorn even had enough power to go home?

Still. What he had shown her and made her feel. If she truely was as pure as the stories told him. She would never forget until she had saved those souls.

Ethereal-Star

Wearily closing her eyes before opening them again, Stardust murmured. "No, do not be. After all this is what I do. I help others. No matter the cost to me. I will save them and you. No matter how long it takes."

Her eyes closed once more and did not reopen for the silver unicorn had fallen asleep, so extremely tired she was. Her back rose and fell in gentle breaths as her body struggled to recover her lost energies. Not knowing the grave danger she was still in, that Erian might choose this moment to turn on her and show his true self. If he did, there would be little she could do to defend herself in her weakened state.

SilmeriaElemred

*What now Erian.* The demon asked. *Let her recover or claim her.*

*I will wait. She can still perform her magics. But the place we created. Surely drains her. Next time we are there, she will not be able to leave.* Erian replied in thought.

*And when she is yours, you give me the seventh book. That was the deal.*

*Oh it still is the deal. You give me power to turn the most beautiful unicorn into my property. And you get the 7th book of Nekron and gain the secrets of his resurrection.*

He sat himself against a tree away from Stardust and would allow the unicorn to recover for now. Knowing though she most likely would not fully recover because of all she had seen and just been through.

Ethereal-Star

It would be three hours later before Stardust awoke. But she still felt a drain on her energy. The tainted place must have affected her more than she thought. Still, she managed to sit up and look at Erian with a kind smile.

"How are you feeling?" she asked, concerned. The torment of all those ghosts and specters on the castle grounds still made her despair though, and it clearly showed in her eyes.

SilmeriaElemred

''I am alright.'' Erian replied. ''Sort of. The demon kept it's word so far, it did not take new lives. But it pains me to see you like this.''

Ethereal-Star

"I appreciate your concern. While I may not be completely hale and whole, given time I will be. But my suffering pales in comparison compared to those souls back at the castle ruins. Such sadness and agony I felt..." The unicorn shook her head sadly, a tear forming in one eye as she remembered it all. "I have to help them, there is no other option."

SilmeriaElemred

''Regain your strength first. But if it is their hatred for me what binds them would... my death not liberate them?'' he asked.

''I read something once about purifying spirits by salting their bones and then cremate them but I do not know if it works.'' He then looked at the pile of books. ''Get some more rest. I will look into these in the meantime. Or would you like me to get something for you.''

Ethereal-Star

Stardust shook her head. "Nothing for me, thank you."

At his words about purifying the bones, she nodded sagely. "Salt is a good cleanser. Fire as well. I'm certain such a technique would work but I still need more information. And rest too, dare I say it."

With that, the silver unicorn let out a yawn and settled down before closing her eyes, soon asleep again. Nightmares haunting her slumber of sad, ghostly wails and sorrowful eyes of the dead plaguing her with their haunted gazes and eternal torment they could not escape from.

SilmeriaElemred

*This, my human friend is going easier then I thought. She's exhausted. I'm suprised you just dont claim her now.*

*Easy... she is not the most pure unicorn without a reason.*

*So after you take her horn then what.*

*Depends. Whatever becomes of her, she will be mine in body and soul.*

Erian took one of the books and started reading. It had been a while since he went over these books. Refreshing some of their contends in his head was perhaps not a bad idea.

Ethereal-Star

Exhausted she was, for the unicorn slept for a few hours more, bad dreams still lingering in her mind after she woke up. Sitting up again, she felt stronger now for the sleep she had undergone but she did not want to waste any more time. All those poor ghosts had was time now and in eternal suffering no less. It was time to find a positive solution for it.

Going over to Erian, she nodded her head at the book he was reading and asked, "Have you found anything of use yet that might help?" Not just referring to the ghosts but also Erian's plight as well, or what Stardust believed to be a plight for him. Not knowing his true intentions just yet.

SilmeriaElemred

''I know the demon's name...'' Erian said as he tapped a book. ''My grandfather who carried the same name as I did, had summoned him. Larzar... is a demon of misfortune, plague and death. Through my gransfather I already had affinity for this magic which Larzar granted him. I am nothing but a playtoy for this thing. As for the ghosts...''

he sighed deeply. ''They blame me. Their hatred is so focussed on me that even killing me is not enough. Unless they are indeed freed they can not leave that wretched place.''

Ethereal-Star

"Well, I will make sure they don't have to suffer any longer. I just need to find a way. Unfortunately that place drained me so much I cannot plane-walk back home just yet. So I will have to remain here until I can. In the meantime, is there a book I can look through to help speed things up?"

Going over to stand behind him, Stardust looked over Erian's shoulder to peer at the book he was currently reading, as well as glancing at the pile next to him. The taint from these books was very foul, but the unicorn didn't really have a choice here. Her personal comfort did not matter so much if she could put it aside for a time to help those lost souls, and Erian too.

SilmeriaElemred

''Well... the demon used the magic to suck out their life and give it to me. So basicly I kill by drawing their life out. Something I did not know before either. I thought my presence just killed but appearantly... I suck the life out of things. I had it at bay until the demon showed and since the magic had been dormant, it drained everyone at the party. Maybe it is reverseable and it can restore their life. That is what I am looking for now.''

Regarding the books though, he pointed at a small pile that he had not yet searched through. ''I did not look through those yet.

Ethereal-Star

It was indeed a disturbing explanation, but Stardust merely nodded her head, eyes still saddened. Looking at the books he indicated, she went over to those and began to nudge the top most one open. Again, the taint of them sickened her but the unicorn pressed onward. She had to help and this seemed to be the best way, if not the only way to do so. Flipping open the book, she began to peruse its contents on the first few mildewed pages.

SilmeriaElemred

Erian said nothing while he read. He eventually closed the book though when dusk started to flow into night. ''Is there... anything in those books?'' he asked as he put his book aside. It became to dark for him to read.

There should be; the books were mainly focused on demonology, contracts and how they could be passed on future generations.

But also something that was described as a purification spell. Something only the purest of creatures could cast. Of course it was anything but that. But if Erian could get Stardust to cast it, she would be his forever.