Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

And so the king sat back on his throne.

Started by Medievarad, September 20, 2015, 01:35:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Sounds good. Though, be warned. Limadan is not your average brute hulking in steel armour. He's the perfect brute hulking in steel armour. He has managed to slam through a shield and armor with only one swing. But. He would stay his hand if his foe has something rational to add.

Klezmer Gryphon

Haha, Emese never underestimates an opponent. However, if Limadan thinks Emese will go down with one swing, then he's got another thing coming. Although I'm sure before it ever reached a  point of drawing swords, they;d be having a lovely conversation on various philosophies. May I ask what exactly earned Lamidan the moniker of "Heretic King"?

Medievarad

Limadan is a very old character I've revived here. The Heretic King was meant as an insult to him when he united all of the followers of the lady of grey under one banner. His other title was The King of ruin. Both insults that his claims were false. Though the character comitted suicide after he held the corpse of his lover in his hands. He was at that moment becoming equally powerful to a primal god. Regained his mind and concluded he had lived long enough, he killed himself. Vowing to free the soul of the woman he couldn't save to be rescued from the grip of the very godess he served.

So basically. The Heretic King is an insult that stuck.

Klezmer Gryphon

I apologise for not getting back to this earlier. such an interesting backstory for a nickname, especially since it started an insult. Now, who's gonna start our thread? I have no problem starting it, but you might get to it sooner than I can. :)

Medievarad

That's quite alright, if you want to start it, that'd be great.

Nightmare

Hey there! I was thinking Limadan might be interesting to plot with Rhea. She's a character that I've been working on for a while and finally finished up with a backstory as to how she become the way she is today. Take a look and let me know if you're interested. As far as plots go, I'm down for anything!

Medievarad

Limadan would actually be very interested in Rhea, seeing her prowess with death magic. To him, it would be an enourmous advantage to his army. He will claim her power was given by none other than the lady of grey and ask her to pay tribute as such. Their powers are fairly similair, though, while Rhea's is fueled by actual magic, Limadan's arcane arts are fueled by his own corruption.

While he will not go in depth about his past, I'm fairly certain Rhea would understand why he's such a pious man to this bloodthirsty religion and why he is who he is now.

Nightmare

Awesome, it sounds like they would be fun together! Rhea is trying to gather powerful allies all across the continent and someone building their own army would be a welcome acquaintance. Did you have something in mind for a plot, or do you just want to have them run into each other and see where it goes?

Medievarad

Just run into eachother seems the most logical. Limadan's somewhere around and killing stuff or doing hereticy things.

Nightmare

Sounds good to me. Would you like to start it, or shall I?

Medievarad

It would be amazing if you started it ^^

Nightmare

Sounds good. I'll get working on it soon and post the link here when I'm done!

Nightmare

Ethereal-Star

Finally! The Chandra/Limadan thread can be found here: Warnings of Death. Sorry it took so dang long.

As for your own opening post, I was thinking Limadan would arrive in Thanatos, more specifically the island of Kelei, and come across Chandra as she's out on one of her Khan patrols? Then it can proceed from there. Just saying this as the beginning post might seem hard to connect your reply to.

Respond whenever you get the chance.