Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

New Tides, Old Sea [M]

Started by visualspice, September 27, 2015, 12:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: Tags to @Draconian !

The world was fucked up, scarred more times over than she deserved. What little solace was offered in this place of sin and blood was moot. His heart was already dying, withering away like the Northern Trees of the Niahi.

Upon the hill of Heilos, he could see the savage ambitions of man, where he cut into the earth and tore down the very trees that had been growing tall and ancient. Though the woods were not apart of Connlaoth, and the Duchess that ruled there was ruling out of insanity, and sin- he had to wonder if that's all of what was left for Connlaoth. Even if the kingdom ended this war, it would never be the same. The cycle was endless, and all of its people- shamed.

He couldn't believe heading North could be any worse than where he had abandoned his broken heart to the south. But he knew from her look, for he had seen that look before- that there was no more room for a rogue lover in the Grand Duchess's life. And the rumors he heard upon vacating the city were nothing of his concern.

She'd get fat and happy, have lots of children, and stay close to that bastards side. Drink after drink wasn't enough, and though drunk- he was still sober enough to know he lived in a world of fools- himself being the biggest one of all. Not a fan of being depressed, or the fact his good looks were becoming weathered- himself, growing older, he ignored the oncoming grey hairs in the months that had past- and wondered if he was old enough to simply wither away like the trees and he could become forgotten- and die.

Curiously enough, he saw the results of fallen trees- the massive 'Wonder Ship' by the crazed new Duchess of Hellvion. He never thought he'd live to see the day where a woman took leadership of anything by her own claim. Though if he had...
He would have thought the Grand Duchess might be spirited enough to be the one.

But he was wrong, wrong about so many things. And he didn't care as he pissed against a tree. Moving away, he found himself moving closer towards the edge of the mountain side, still keeping his eyes upon the massive boat while men raised its flag high into the air-
And it wasn't the flag of Connlaoth- but that of Hellvion. ANd he couldn't help but wonder if this duchy wanted its own war. Connlaoth would fall, and perhaps he'd crumble with it.

He was sick of himself, sick of the emotions he indebted to himself. Sick of the memories, sick of his own ego, sick of life. But as he stared at the ship, knowing full well the value of something so massive, so grand....
He soon found himself walking towards it.

Perhaps out on the sea, he'd drift away into the unknown-
and start over again, become the man he had once been, or was destined to become, and take a ride upon the arrogance of one woman to hide from another....
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

It was never a dull day.

Evarelia, since she could remember, had never been bored. There was always something to occupy her mind. Whether it was hovering over her husbands shoulder to help run the duchy, chase after her children through the muddy garden. Always something. Though now, her children were grown, her husband was deployed and she herself? Busy. Always busy. In the most glorious way.

With her husband off to play soldier, she'd been left to run things. Though, officially, it was still her husband. She signed the papers. She gave the orders. If the whole country wasn't in such a terrible state Evarelia would have even boasted about doing a good job of it.

It wasn't a tough decision to back the Duchess of Hellvion. Another woman. While Evarelia didn't have courage enough to run Folkvar completely, she could appreciate a woman who did. And there she was. Waiting for the ship. The maiden voyage. As usual, she was dressed impeccably. Just enough bosom to entice the gaze, a fan to keep her from getting too warm. A glorious hat to top off her stunning red hair.

Nothing short of a vision she waved her fancy lacey fan to her face, pressing a hand against her corseted stomach. It was a glace, really. A quick glace and all she saw was memories. The posture looked a little defeated but she'd never forget his face. For a few short moments, it was a good twenty years ago and she was a young girl off to be married to a potential duke.

Briefly, Evarelia looked down at her left hand, twirled her wedding ring around her finger with her thumb. Did he still have it? Did he sell it? While people had been milling towards the boat to be boarded - just as she was - the dead stop while she stared openly had people bumping into her and eventually she was going towards that familiar face.

Never had she been one for subtly. Evarelia was a stubborn sure woman and what she lacked in manners she made up for in cleavage. Usually it worked.

"My Dear Dekka," Evarelia started, slipping her arm into his, guiding him towards where she had intended on going, "You smell like a tavern." A tilt of her head, the coils of red hair spilling over her shoulder and bosom as she looked up at him, "Is that by choice or necessity?"

visualspice

Belching when the arm caught his, he caught sight of her breasts first before following her wild, red curls to her face. Though its been a while, he'd never forget her.

"You've aged like a fine wine. Care to join me back at the tavern for necessity and excess?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Draconian

Evarelia wrinkled her nose at the belch.

"I can't say the same for you, My Dear. Maybe after a bath." Was her quick reply, a tilt of her head and she tried to smile at him. But he looked tired. "I suppose you never grew out of your wild ways and they're finally taking their toll?" Her voice was gentle and curious, a simple lift of her eyebrow and she took his hand and guided him along.

"Come with me, we'll get a meal in you and catch up, hmm?"

visualspice

Dekka sneered at her suggestion.
"Catch up? What he fucking hell could we possibly fucking need to catch up on?" her story was cut and dry, she was a duchess after all, and he? Everyone knew about his soirerie with the Grand Duchess. But he was bitter, and not even appropriately was it directed at her. But he was tired, drunk and fucking irritable.

He was also glad the ring he had of hers was in his pocket. The chain had since broke, and he hadn't cared to replace it. It was also embarasaing he still had it after all those years. What was the use of hanging onto a memory?

He eyed her breasts when he averted her eyes and smiled meanly.
"It seems you've been fucking well."

Draconian

Evarelia gave him a brief smile, though she held his arm all the tighter.

"It's what friends do, Dekka, after they haven't seen one another in decades." Was her simple reply before she couldn't help the smirk.

"Is that I've been fucking well or I've been fucking well," A bright smile up at him and she pat his hand, "Both of those quite true! Comes with a terrible amount of paperwork though, I fear I have to write essay's when I want a new dress." A purse of her lips and she looked thoughtful for a moment, " Or pants."

"Now," She pat his hand again, ignoring the fact he was looking at her breasts - that's what they were currently there for in this dress anyway - "At the very least have a meal with me and then a bath," He smelled. Not that she'd tell him that, even little words could cut deep and from the looks of it anymore deep wounds would kill the poor man. It was in her own selfish interests to keep him quite alive.

visualspice

His lips itched into a smirk.
"I'm sure your husband wont fucking mind? But if you want cheap food and booze, the Stable house," which was the tavern he just visited, "is one I'd recommend."

Draconian

Evarelia laughed and pat his hand again.

"I would like neither of those," She laughed, looking up at him, "Just come with me. Please?" Still tugging him along, "We'll get you cleaned up and fed."

visualspice

Dekka stopped and gave her a stubbornly mean yet playful look when he said, "What's wrong with cheap booze? You didn't seem to mind a few decades ago. Did becoming a duchess make you too classy for dirt?"

Draconian

Evarelia grinned and lifted her chin, eyeing him from the side.

"Of course I didn't mind, I was young and you're handsome," A tilt of her head and she held his arm all the tighter, too stubborn to leave him. Simply because of old times sake. After all this time and she'd just randomly bump into him. There was a lot to talk about. A lot to say.

A lot to question.

"Lead the way then, Dekka, I do hope you'll let me pay? As you said, I am a Duchess," She lifted her head and tossed her curls over her shoulder, "I can afford to feed one of my oldest friends."

visualspice

He laughed, a bark of a laugh.
"You're holding onto the King of Thieves. Who said I'd let either of us pay?" And his grin grew roguish.

Draconian

His arm got a light smack and Evarelia rolled her eyes boldly.

"I'm holding onto my friend, Dekka," She corrected, nudging him with her hip, "I would like to pay for you."

visualspice

Again, he gave her a mean grin.
"How about you let the man handle this and i'll steal us some grub?" he was too drunk not to argue.

Draconian

A mean grin was returned and she gave him another nudge with her hip.

"Steal it? You think I can run in this dress?" She flicked her skirts out with one foot before she held his arm tighter, "How do you plan on stealing food, anyway?" Her words were genuinely curious and she looked up at him, an eyebrow raised, "From the trash bin?"

visualspice

He laughed, "seems we really need to play catch up, duchess."

Draconian

A bright grin.

"We do, I'm glad you agree" A pout and she turned her head away, feigning being hurt "At least I remembered your name." Taking a breath she looked around before giving him another little nudge.

"Alright. Fine. But can I take you back to the inn after? You really do need a bath."

visualspice

And at that, he grinned ear to ear.
"Only if you wash me."

Draconian

Evarelia looked thoughtful for a moment, eyed him up and down.

Yeah, it was worth it.

"Done!" She'd had children and Dekka didn't have anything she'd never seen before anyway.

"You know, after having children, I've gotten quite good at washing backs." Especially after those backs had gotten loose and ran naked through mud. Naked of all things. Still, with her arm tucked in his she smiled up at him. Not quite what she remembered - or was expecting - but it was oddly refreshing to be around him again.

"Now, are we going to bathe and get a meal or are you going to prove to me something about yourself that I'm already very aware of?" She wiggled her ring finger at him - now with a different ring on it - to indicate she was indeed aware of his superior thievery skills.

visualspice

"You know you'll be washing more than my back. You sure you'll remember how to handle my body? Last time you got to touch it was in cider creek that night outside the mill." He'd never forget that. It was the first and last time they had made love. And though she hadn't been his first, he had been hers; though she had been the love of his life. It was like salt in his wounds to see her now.

At her ring gesture, he casually shrugged.
"I only steal things worth stealing." it seemed his thieving antics, though known Connlaothian wide, her duchy had never once been affected by his skilled hands.

Draconian

The memory caused Evarelia to turn a little red, though her wicked grin was on display. "I'm willing to risk it," anything toget him presentable, "though I may need a few pointers if I'm going to be washing more than your back." A gentle nudge to keep them moving and she smiled, a small tilt of her head.

"Well, that sounds fool proof. Now! Dekka," A small smile up at him, another little nudge, "are we going to have that cheap alcohol and meal before bathtime or no?"