Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All In A Days Work [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Don't get too thankful. Don't forget there's interest on the payment. My time is valuable, and I doubt I need to explain just how much so. So, you just stay here as long as you need," he went on, grin growing wide as he gave her hand a patronizing pat. "As long as I'm getting paid, there's no inconvenience, right?" And he returned to sit in his chair.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Ah, right. She'd almost forgot for a moment- everyone had an angle.

"See, about that," she said, sitting up a little straighter. "I'm not quite sure how you expect me to pay you. As you could clearly see earlier, I carry very little coin." She shrugged and added, "I'd offer my services, but I doubt someone like you needs them."

It didn't hit her until after she'd said the words how that might sound. "As a theif," she said hurriedly. "My services as a theif." Gods, was she blushing? She did not blush.

visualspice

She wasn't the only one blushing as his mouth twisted into the smallest of smiles.

"I.. er.." he coughed. "Wouldn't have expected anything but. But.." he went on, drawing in a long breath. "You're right."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"So...where does that leave us?" she asked, tilting her head again. Quite aside from the fact that she was sure he'd hound her for his payment, she was not in the habit of staying indebted to someone.

visualspice

He closed his lips and let his finger tips tap together as he wrinkled his brow in thought. Then he smiled.
"I guess we'll have to figure that out."

DragonSong

She groaned dramatically, flopping back onto the mountain of pillows. "Why does that smile scare me?" she asked the ceiling. Almost as an afterthought, she mused aloud, "This bed is very comfortable, by the way."

visualspice

His smirk twitched and grew wider.
"Don't get too comfortable. And by the way you're talking, you might be out of here sooner than you think." And at that, he tapped his lip thoughtfully. "Think you can stand and walk? I mean you ARE doing an awful lot of talking for an invalid."

DragonSong

She huffed a breath through her nose. With no small amount of trepidation, she pushed herself up and tried to get to her feet.

Huh. Okay, that wasn't so bad. Her head still hurt and she was still a little weak and woozy, but she seemed at least...functional. She took a step.

And her knees gave out. "Fu-" She swallowed a curse, straightening up with a little difficulty. "I can walk. Just...give me a second."

visualspice

A brow went up.
"You sure about that?" he eyed her up.

DragonSong

She nodded, took another step, almost collapsed again, and shook her head. "Sorry," she grunted, sitting down heavily and looking up at him. "The kind of power I use saps physical energy if I'm not careful. Must've been what happened."

She glanced away, not quite sure why she was admitting that to him. Oh well, he could obviously see she was struggling, what the point in trying to hide it?

visualspice

Trest watched her before sighing and looking away.
"Just lay back in the bed."

DragonSong

She obeyed easily enough, not really having it in her to argue when she knew she needed the rest. "I don't get you," she muttered. "I try to steal from you, my demon attacks you, and you still end up taking care of me? How does that work?"

visualspice

Not wanting to really answer her, he just said simply, "Just get some rest."
Really, so many questions.. shouldn't she just be thankful she wasn't dead or woke up in the streets or worse?

DragonSong

She didn't really have it in her to argue, at least not in that moment. "Fine," she huffed, leaning back onto the pile of pillows. Folding her arms, she added a little petulantly, "I am hungry though."

visualspice

Trest gave a 'tch' of a laugh.
"What about it?" He paused, tilting his head. "You expect me to feed you as well?"

DragonSong

More to be teasing than because she actually expected to get anything out of it, she tilted her head to the side in a way that artfully brushed scarlet curls over her shoulder and face and batted her eyes at him, biting her bottom lip.

"Please?" she coaxed, eyes glinting playfully.

visualspice

At such a plea... Trest just stared.
And was reminded just what he had seen of her earlier. He turned away.

"Just get some sleep." And he moved towards the door.

DragonSong

She watched him go, eyebrows raised. She'd expected him to tease her back, maybe call her names again or- something. Huh.

"I really am hungry!" she called as he moved away, but she figured she knew enough to let the subject drop after that.

And she wasn't about to argue with a chance to get some more sleep. Sliding her hand to the sheath strapped to her thigh to assure herself her knife was still there, she cautiously leaned back and closed her eyes.

visualspice

He probably shouldn't have left her alone. Luckily, nothing too valuable was in that room and if she wanted to leave, well, she could have fun climbing down from the window. But he let her be, not just because he knew she needed the rest, but he felt the same. He was used to having a lot of time alotted to just himself, and as he slowly walked down the staircase, his own stomach began to rumble.

"Food... " he looked back up towards the direction of his room. "Right.."

He couldn't believe what he was doing, but he found his way to his pantry and then to his stove, and if she were awake, she might start smelling the aromas of cooking meats wafting up the stairs.

DragonSong

Jynx was dozing, but the smell of food suddenly rocketed her back to consciousness as her stomach sat up and begged like a dog.

She pushed herself up onto her elbows, looking at the door with wide eyes. "No way," she muttered, a disbelieving smirk spreading across her face. She forced it away, telling herself there were probably plenty of people in this den of thieves who'd be hungry, that didn't mean they were going to feed her.