Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All In A Days Work [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Trest thought it over with a smirk.

"Well . I do love having advantages.." he went on, slipping a hand around her waist before drawing her close. "But I would not wish to intrude on your abilities. "
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Demon horse it is then," she said with a crooked smile.

Summoning Nightmare was surprisingly easy—she'd expected some sort of pushback from Ilieth, but the demon was silent—and the massive demonic mare was soon enough pawing at the ground in front of them, tossing her head and eyeing Trest calculatingly with one fierce, glowing eye.

visualspice

Despite having dealt with the horse before,  Trest took a step back as the beast appeared. He shivered.
"I'm not sure I'll ever get used to Mr. Demon horse. "
He turned to Jynx.
"You driving,  or am I? Remember, we'll have to stick to the back streets until we're out if the city. I'd hate to have to deal with the city guards right now."
They had quite enough on their plate.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Miss Demon Horse,”  she corrected with a chuckle. “And it’s probably best if I ride front. She seems to be…skeptical of you.”

As though to emphasize her words, Nightmare tossed her head and snorted in Trest’s face, then turned her head away from him haughtily.

“How about I drive, you navigate,” Jynx suggested with another low laugh as she swung up onto the animal’s back.

visualspice

Trest bared his teeth. It was somewhat of a grimace that eventually blossomed into a smile.
"If that's what my wife wishes.." he went on, gesturing that he conceded. Then he joined her on the mare and steadied himself in the saddle best he could. He was wary of the beast, and for good reasons.. the mare looked like a creature from hell.

"Alright," he went on, drawing in a breath. "Let's be off. Take a left at the end of the alley."

DragonSong

"As you like, my lord husband," Jynx replied, truly unable to help herself.

Though Nightmare was indeed an intimidating sight, and seemed rather wary of Trest, she let him mount without protest and moved easily at Jynx's direction. She had a surprisingly smooth gait, giving the impression that their group flowed over cobblestones like living shadow.

visualspice

Inspite of himself,  Trest clung onto his wife a little tighter once their steed took off, muttering under his breath how he should be used to demons by now.

He turned to regard Jynx.
"Yiu sure the beast doesn't outright loathe me?" He asked,  oh so innocently.

DragonSong

Jynx laughed, patting his arm around her middle soothingly. "Oh, she doesn't like much of anyone except me, don't take it personally," she responded with a cheeky glance over her shoulder at him.

"Now. Should I be taking her to the gates of the estate, or...inside?"

visualspice

"Oh, definitely the gates. You trying to get us killed?" He asked,  though smiling.

DragonSong

She shrugged, grinning back at him. "Hey, you've seen her materialize in a cell. It wouldn't be too much a stretch to bring her into a foyer."

She considered a moment, then added, "Though we should probably leave Nightmare out of sight of the gates themselves—she certainly makes a particular kind of first impression."

visualspice

Trest nodded.
"It's best the prejudices of the country not condemn us both on our wedding night."
And he was quick to steal a heated kiss from his bride.
"Besides.. the house will need... broken in, don't you agree? The lord has been out for sometime.." And he kissed her again.

DragonSong

"Mmm, won't it just." She grinned into the kiss, allowing herself to get lost in the contact until Nightmare snorted and gave a brief little hip beneath them, threatening to buck.

She broke away with a laugh. "Alright, alright. We'll behave." She glanced back at Trest and smirked. "For now."

They were fast approaching their destination now, and she found herself growing gradually more nervous the closer they got.

visualspice

When the manor home came into view it was grey of sky and had begun to rain. The sight of the tall wall separating the manor home from the street was ominous yet grey washed from the fading sun and rain.  The place looked deserted.

Trest hesitated as he studied the place before dismounting and offering a hand to Jinx.

DragonSong

Jynx whistled quietly as they approached the manor. "Nice digs," she muttered as Trest dismounted. She glanced down at him, hesitating only a moment before taking his offered hand and slipping down to the ground.

"Thanks, girl," she told Nightmare, and dismissed the summoned demon with a wave of her hand and a quiet incantation.

visualspice

Trest repressed a shiver as the beast left this world.  
"Think I'd be used to that by now.."he muttered with a shake of his head. But then he too, was a bit mesmerized by the size of the thing. Sure, he has a nice place earned all on his own but this? Just the sheer size of the thing was opulent and grander than he'd remembered. 

At her reaction he gave her a look.

"Oh, so you approve of this little old Keep?" He went on, waving it off playfully as if it weren't much of a thing. To be fair, it was still daunting to be on the property yet.. he frowned and looked around. It was quiet.  Perhaps there was no staff on hand at this hour?

DragonSong

"I wouldn't say approve," she shot back. "But I'll admit I'm...impressed. It's impressive."

Sensing the slight shift in his mood, she looked around, her own guard starting to creep up. "Something wrong?" Her tone was deceptively light, as though her hand wasn't already twitching toward her nearest knife.

visualspice

"We.... should watch ourselves. I know this is... technically my inheritance but... let's just say you can never be too careful when watching your own back."
His blue eyes searched the area, his own body crouching down lower as he slipped closer towards the shadows.

"It's night, so I doubt many workers should be on duty," he told her, voice hushed, eyes still roaming before-

Suddenly a lantern flashed on and beamed in their direction. And Trest frozen, shielding his eyes and then- bodily taking Jinx to the ground. He rolled into a crouch, crawling with her and pulling her along beneath some nearby bushes.

He held his tongue, a hand slipping over her mouth.

"Stay quiet- it looks like they do have guards on duty."

But no matter how quiet it seemed they remained...
The light grew brighter, tracking their way until a tall man dressed in the lively colors of the house stood over top, lantern in hand.

"Master Arristaire, do remove yourself from the dirt of the garden. We've.. been expecting you."

DragonSong

Well.

This was certainly a hells of a first impression for the lady of the house to make.

Jynx shot Trest a very dry look before glancing up at the servant with the lantern. "Hi there." She gave the man a little wave before trying to get to her feet as gracefully as she could manage, dragging Trest up with her.

visualspice

Trest sheepishly rose as she helped him, but once he was standing a lot taller, he seemed to fall much more easily into his confidence.

"Well... could have fooled me.. good sir," he went on, clearing his throat. "Besides.. I was.. we were.. just out here.. admiring the grounds."

The servant raised a brow.

"In the middle of the night, my lord?"

Trest kept his lips pressed firmly at that, but then shrugged. "Well, the sun isn't here so I figured moonlight would be just fine."

DragonSong

"I asked," Jynx said quickly. "I, ah..." She looked her lips, looked between Trest and the servant several times, then said slowly, "I...was a little...nervous. To meet the full household. I asked that H—Lord Arristaire show me the grounds when less people about."

She took Trest's arm and gave him what she hoped was a sappy look. "He was kind enough to humor me. I do apologize for the inconvenience."