Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

All In A Days Work [M]

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2015, 01:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

The servant looked between the pair, puzzled.

"Should I leave you to it.. then?" He asked, hesitantly. 

Trest gave a nervous little laugh before dusting himself off and making sure Jynx was presentable, too.

"No.. no need. Lead the way. We.. er.. can come back during the day."

The servant eyed the pair before nodding. He seemed relieved Lord Trest make the suggestion.

"Very well. Follow me please, right this way. We have a room prepare but uh.. we had only prepares the one room. We.. will have to quickly ensure the guest room will be ready for your friend."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

Ah. Right. Well, this was the con they were running.

Not a con anymore, actually. They'd made it legal and everything.

"No need to prepare an additional room." She drew herself up as imposingly as she could manage. "Unless it is not customary for a wife to share quarters with her husband on the estate?"

visualspice

There was a long, awkward silence before anyone spoke.

"Wife?" The man asked, carefully. He looked between the pair. Trest only smiled more broadly, puffing out his chest as he placed an arm around her.

"Yeah, I'm surprised the whole estate doesn't know." He grinned even broader. "This.. " he went on, pulling her in real close. "Is Lady Trest Arristaire."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

DragonSong

"Yep!" Jynx chirped brightly. "That's me! Lady Arristaire. The wife." She leaned into Trest's side and summoned up the gooiest look she could manage as she tipped her head back to smile at him.

Dear gods I am never living this down...

visualspice

The awkwardness was palpable and Trest couldn't help but revel in it.
"Guess news doesn't travel as fast as I thought. Well, my good man. Lead the way towards my estate. You said you've been expecting me?"

The man floundered but soon regained his composure.  

"Y-yes.. right this way, please. Follow me."

Trest couldn't help but snicker behind the man's back as he leas then through the gardens.

"Nice doe eyes," he complimented , stealing a quick kiss to her cheek.

DragonSong

Jynx groaned quietly and gave him a dry look. "Don't get used to it," she muttered as she fell into step with him while the estate man led them out through the gardens.

"What does expecting you mean?" she asked softly. "Like, should I be expecting them to trot out the fancy carpets, or...?"

visualspice

Trest gave a shrug.
"The hell if I know. But he didn't call in the guards so... we're either safe...or... the guards are already there waiting."

DragonSong

"And...should we be worried about that?" Jynx asked out of the corner of her mouth. "I mean, this is the right house, yeah? The guards would kick you out, would they?"

visualspice

Trest chuckled and hoped he hid any of his nervousness.  

"And if the guards are here, it would just make our nightly exercise begin earlier," he went on, adding a wink.

"Come on.. don't you trust me? I mean.. you did marry me," he reminded, taking her hand and idly playing with the ring and led her forward.  "Don't worry. I'll protect you."

But the moment the pair were ushered inside, Trest stood gawking as a bustle if servants arrived at their beck and call- fussing and asking them about..

"Wait.. what? You have dinner prepared? At this hour!?"

"Yes, lamb and quail. I hope it's to your liking."

DragonSong

Dinner?! At midnight?

Damn, these people were efficient.

"You didn't have to--" She caught herself, cleared her throat, and lifted her chin slightly. Hoping she at least sounded like a noblewoman--because she certainly didn't look it--she said politely, "That sounds most satisfactory, thank you."

visualspice

Trest eyed her as they were led into the house. But then his attention was soon turned towards a candlelit long table with covered, silver dishes displayed primly across the table.  He couldn't help but gawk before awkwardly taking a seat at the head of the table as one of the servants pulled out the chair for him.

DragonSong

Jynx hovered, unsure where to sit--should she sit?--but then another servant moved forward to pull out the chair at Trest's right hand and waved her into it with an air that was somehow both "shooing" and respectful.

She'd have to learn how to do that.

She nodded awkwardly and took her seat, shooting her new husband a nervous look out of the corner of her eye. This was so far outside her realm of experience.

visualspice

It was only about to get more awkward.  Once the pair were seated, served and had glasses of wine poured- the servants remained in a prim and proper line up, just standing there while the pair were meant to eat. Trest just stared before laughing suddenly and looking over as Jynx.

He scoped up his wine goblet. 

"Well, Lady Arristaire, shall we make a toast?"

DragonSong

Oh gods.

What was he thinking?

Giving him a wary look, Jynx slowly raised her own glass and quirked an eyebrow. "And what are we toasting, Lord Arristaire?"

visualspice

"It just seems appropriate we inherited such a fine estate that we ought to toast something. We could toast to the fine mahogany banisters, or the fresh food readily prepared for us despite it being close to midnight... or.."
He went on, capturing her gaze wolfishly. 
"We could toast to all the new places we can consumate our marriage  "

DragonSong

"Trest," Jynx half-hissed, half-laughed, and cast a warning look toward the staff. "You're gonna scandalize some people," she warned, but she clinked her glass lightly against his.

Well. They'd already sold their souls, right? Might as well live it up while they could.

visualspice

"What?" He sipped at his wine innocently.  "What's wrong with consummation? And there's got to be many rooms in this place."

DragonSong

"Hush," she laughed quietly, waving a hand at him. "I highly doubt your, ah, staff want to know the particular details." She shrugged and sipped at her drink. "After all, they were just worried about you getting married, right? So. Job done."

visualspice

Trest's eyes danced at her words. He set his wine glass aside and clasped his hands and leaned forward at the table.

"See, back up right there.. you know how you said my Staff? Well, of they are really mine, than they'll have to get conditioned to how I operate. And as far as I see it.. after dinner you and I will be consummating right here, on this table."

And those blue eyes held the playful promise they always did.

DragonSong

"The hells we will," Jynx shot back with a snort. She took a sip of her wine--it was dry and sharp, and she found she liked it more than she'd expected. Lowering her voice, she added with a hint of playfulness, "Not with an audience, at any rate."