Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Yyndrad council meeting. Coastal Serendipity Invasion Prelude ||M|| Members only

Started by SilmeriaElemred, November 09, 2015, 12:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ever

"The method, the time, all of the unnecessary factors are just messy to me." Cadogan drawled, his voice dripping with apathy. Cadogan looked at the young Vampire, a genuine sign of interest shown in the way he frowned and raised his eyebrow, "Yes.. Perhaps with the right concentration.." he murmured, setting his glass down, his mind swirling and focusing purely on work now.

He waved his hand dismissively, standing up, his eyes glazed, not watching or looking at anything in particular, all his attention on formulas and calculations in his head, "But of course, of course. Demon and vampiric blood.. Yes, yes.." A small grin appeared on Cadogan's lips, his first since he arrived, "Three days? Almost too much time, but I'll take it. All we be prepared."

SilmeriaElemred

''Good. After those days Sophie can get to Thanathos with the girls she selected at Head Quarters. Gradius will then resume with the ships. Soon the world will remember who we are. We can not fail our invasion. In the worst case would things go wrong, you Sophie, Cadogan and Flavia leave first. Then Gradius, and then me. Before I forget though there is something that requires permission of the both of you.'' Anise looked at Cadogan and then Sophie.

Would Flavia be permitted to have an inside order marriage and carry Gradius' child or children. Outside of the order she is married to a nobleman though. One we unfortunatly due political matters can not take care of. But seeing as my son is of age, I think a wife will suit him just fine. Right now there is not a noble family in our interest for a so called public wedding.''

Wild

Flavia and Sophie both smiled to Cadogan when he agreed to help them with the mixture of blood. Flavia as a doctor was used to working with herbs, seeing the effects it had on her patients and their sickness. Perhaps she and Cadogan could get to work together with lab work and she could learn more lab work from him? He seemed like a very talented man. Sophie had other expertise fields, but she of course knew Cadogan from the order and respected his talented work. There were few others she would trust with tapping of her demon blood.

"Both Flavia and I will be happy to help with blood to the Order," Sophie said, and the younger woman nodded in agreement. She was glad that the more experienced Sophie took the lead.

Both women listened when Anise spoke of the invasion, nodding in agreement when Anise told them to leave first with Cadogan if things would go wrong. They hoped for the success of the Order though, and victory in the upcoming battle.

Sophie listened with a smile when Anise asked for an inside order marriage and carry Gradius' child or children. Flavia had to be quite a woman for Gradius to be so interested that he wished to marry her - even if it was inside the order.  But there was a problem - the girl was a vampire, and as far as Sophie knew, vampires could not have children.

"I have no problems giving my permission of course," she said softly. "But I have a question, if you forgive my curiosity.  How can a vampire give birth? Of course I am sure you are capable of coming up with a solution..."

She looked over at Cadogan with a smile. "What do you say, Cadogan? Do they have your permission too?"

Ever

Cadogan tapped his fingers by his side, slight twitches running through his body as he grew more impatient. He wanted to leave and start this work, it was rare that he wait for others to get to his pace. Although, normally, he did not appreciate taken orders as he was one of the three used to giving them, but in this case, even he could set his ego aside and realise that it was important for them to understand. However, he rolled his eyes and simply frowned, "I know the protocol Anise, it's common sense.." He ran a hand through his hair, wondering if the two would slow him down and also taking the time to despise the fact that he could not simply leave them behind.. Ugh. There were downsides to working in a such a unit. But, much like everyone else in the room, for Cadogan such a situation of retreat was hypothetical. They would succeed. They had no other choice.

Cadogan sighed. He held a great deal of hostility for many aspects of the normal, mundane world and politics was definitely one of them. He grimaced at Sophie and simply sighed again, "Although I have no interest in such matters, what I do have an interest in are matters that are of importance to the Order, so of course, I give my permission without question."

SilmeriaElemred

''Good. Now let's get to work. Regarding the fact vampires can normally not become pregnant Sophie, I will discuss that with you another time. Cadogan seems very eager to leave. He is just like you, not being able to last long without studies.'' she jestered.

Gradius got on his feet and bowed. ''Thank you respectfull leaders for granting permission.'' he said. He was not actually the marriage type but still. Getting a child was actually quite interesting. Already would he have a good marriage present for Flavia when the day would be there. Knowing his mother it would actually be rather soon. If Flavia was ready anyway. Yyndrad marriages were never with celebration. It was discreet. A short ritual and the bedding. Although the latter had actually already happened several times.

He held out his hand to Flavia once he got to her seat and offered to help her stand.

''Would mi-lady wish for her meal to be delivered?'' the servant asked.

Ever

Cadogan snorted, half caught in a pout and a smirk, "Well if my eagerness means the difference between a much more effective success for the Order, I take my over abundance of such an element to be a blessing." he drawled. Only Anise could joke with him like that.

Cadogan frowned, thinking of such things as relationships. They were a very alien concept to him, but he had to admit, he had always like the subtle way in which the Order conducted such a ceremony. Short, simple, ritualistic, nothing unnecessary. Nonetheless, he was happy to have not had to have gone threw at anytime. Cadogan had his duty and his responsibility to the Order and as long as he fulfilled that, that was what he was necessary for. There were plenty of other male and females who could create children to keep the Order going.

Wild

Sophie nodded, smiling when Anise joked about Cadogan and her not being able to last long without studies. "Ah, that is all too true," she laughed, winking at Cadogan. "I know your pain, dear Cadogan, and I promise to not let you wait for much longer..."

She did not worry for vampires being unable to breed. If she knew Anise correctly Anise would find a solution to that problem already before she allowed her son to marry a vampire.

Flavia blushed and smiled when Gradius rose to his feet, glad that it was him who would be her husband in the Yyndrad order. She did not know the other men yet, and she had always felt well with Gradius. He knew how to please a woman in bed, and he knew how to please her outside the bed. She felt ready to marry him as soon as the time was right. She knew that outside the order she would still be married to Rasul Syron and be named as Lady Flavia Bathory-Syron. But here, in the order, she was just Flavia.

When he held out his hand to her, she lifted her own hand and placed it in his before standing up. "Thank you," she smiled and kissed his cheek. "I will be with you as soon as I have helped Cadogan and Sophie with the blood they spoke of..."

She turned to the servant and nodded in appreciation. "Yes please," she replied gently. "I can eat as soon as I am done in the lab..."

Sophie listened to the young couple and smirked, patting Cadogan's arm friendly when he spoke of his life-long duty to the Order. She felt they had lots in common since also she had spent all her life working to serve the Order.

"Ah, it seems we are ready," she said as Flavia joined her and Cadogan. "Lead the way to your lab, my friend, and let's find out if this new theory of blood can be sorted out.... You are the only man in this order that gets to flash your needle at me..."

Ever

Grimacing and trying for the slightest of smiles, stiffening slightly when he felt contact on his arm. Hmm. It seemed he was getting a lot better at controlling his reactions to touch. Sometimes Cadogan had the bad habit to forget that his disdain for humans shouldn't really seep into the Order and he was very good at controlling his disgust and focusing it outside his Ynydrad "family" if one could truly call it that.

Cadogan nodded, a genuine small smile coming across his lips at the thought of actual work. Spinning on his heels, he called back to Anise with little care as to what she thought, "My old lab is still here correct? I'm using whatever I can find." Almost.. Like a sibling would. Hmm. He wondered why the out of place comparison came into his head.

He skillfully navigated his way around the hallways, down stairs until eventually, the silver, immaculate clean door was in front of them. Cadogan pushed the door open and the labroatory seemed to drone and hum to life. Silver and pristine, large tankers practically purring against the wall with the concentration of collected magical energy. This lab acted as a sort of storage area, but it could be used for a simple extraction procedure.

"If you have any questions or concerns, for one, you'd best get them off your tongue now, but do try to think of them before vocalizing them." Cadogan murmured, getting his equipment ready, not even actually checking if he was talking to air or if the ladies had actually managed to keep up with him.

Wild

Sophie smiled when she noticed the grimace on Cadogan's face and his slight stiffening when he felt the contact on his arm. She knew of his disdain for humans, and hoped that he would remember that she was also the daughter of a demon.

When he navigated his way around the hallways and downstairs to the laboratory, Sophie and Flavia followed him without questions or remarks. They were both eager to do something to help the Order, and would go through anything the members of the Order asked of them.

Both women entered the lab and looked around with admiration in their eyes. "Nice lab," Flavia cooed. "You are clearly an expert in your field..."

"Yes he is," Sophie confirmed. "This is why I won't allow any others to flash their needles around me..."

The women shook their heads when Cadogan spoke of questions or concerns. "I don't think any of us have any questions or concerns about this," Sophie replied calmly. "We are ready for the tests required from us..."

While Cadogan prepared his equipment, both women pulled up their sleeves, getting ready for the blood tests.

Ever

Once everything was sharpened and sterilized, Cadogan actually began to smile. Well, if the almost unsettling look of contentment on his lips could be called that. Taking over two cylindrical objects, he was happy to have the fiddling part of the work done for him. Common sense was so rare, he couldn't help but feel a little spark whenever he saw it in practice. He placed them flat on both their fore armsm but instead of slipping away once he removed his hand, they glowed a dim golden color and tendrils of this aura leaked from small slit openings in the side and wrapped themselves around the skin, almost lazily.

"Now, a lot of needles will be going into you at once, altogether, so the pain is neither intensified nor diminished from just a normal needle." He drawled, used to doing this procedure with very little consent from the other party. Normally they were gagged, sniveling and he thought it was quite amusing to "reassure" them. The rare sound of a chuckle escaped from his throat as he pressed down on the cylinders, the pressure encouraging the little needles to pierce the flesh, the clear part of the tube slowly turning crimson. The golden tendrils also throbbed as they absorbed the magic separately, glowing brightly.

"Just a few minutes.." He muttered thoughtfully, going to his desk and rifling through some documents. Perhaps he had something to aid him in this matter.

Wild

Sophie and Flavia watched with interest when Cadogan started working with the two cylindrical objects. They did not protest when the objects were placed flat on their forearms.

"Oh this is exciting," Flavia said with sparkling eyes. She was a doctor, or at least she would have been if the universities had accepted female students. She worked hard to finish her education and become a doctor, and she was quite skilled within surgery and patching up regular wounds.

Sophie was not a doctor, but she was interested in seeing how Cadogan's experiments worked. She was glad to offer her blood if needed, hoping that hers and Flavia's blood could be useful in the experiments.

"You know very well that I am not afraid of a little pain," she replied. "And I don't think Lady Flavia is either... Please feel free to whatever it takes to make the experiments successful."

Flavia watched the clear part of the tube turning crimson when he absorbed their blood and some of the magic separately. "This is fascinating," she smiled. "I hope our blood will help your experiments..."

Ever

Cadogan cleaned his worktop furiously, having seen what he though to be speck in the corner of his eye. It was a little unsettling to not be surrounded by screams of pain or damning curses. But he would not complain, he liked the quiet just as much.

"I can't afford to hope it will Flavia, I need to know it will. I have other preparations I could me making, but if Anise's is confident, I too am confident." He muttered, walking back over to the two woman and checking the containers. The golden late was beginning to dim and in a few seconds, once the see through part was totally deep crimson in colour, the golden colour disappeared in the cylinder and Cadogan smiled, satisfied. He grabbed both tubes and tugged gently, encouraging the needles to withdraw quickly and then, he took them away.

"It'll need to study the blood and the magic separately and then fuse them if appropriate." He murmured, more to himself, as he pulled out a large, heavy morgue-like cabinet and clipped the tubes into the specific slots. He looked to the woman, frowning as he begrudgingly gave his thanks, "The offering for study is much appreciated." This was the best he could do while his mind was preoccupied. 

Wild

Flavia nodded when Cadogan said he needed to know the experiments would succeed. "If there is anything I can do to help you with your projects, please let me know," she told him. "I would have been a doctor outside the order if the universities had allowed women to finish their educations with taking the final tests there. I find your work very fascinating... And your lab is magnificent."

Sophie watched the blood in the containers, smiling as she heard Cadogan thanking them for their help. "You are most welcome, friend," she replied. "I will help you too if I can. As you know I am part demon, and I am quite certain that you'll find some of my traits useful in your work."

Ever

In a state of only half listening to the woman, Cadogan simply nodded along. Since the work surrounding took up a lot more room than the two women, his mind was much more focused on what he could do with the rare opportunity with being back in this particular lab. He couldn't help but smile, speaking, but as if talking comfortably to himself.

"It is one of the much more sophisticated labs I have throughout the domains that are property of the Ynydrad. I'm happy Anise knew well enough to keep it in good working condition.."

The word of help from didn't even strike one chord with him. He had never worked with anyone. Before he was the position he was now, he worked under many with higher authority, but even then, he was trusted to work alone. He raised his eyebrow at the two of them, as if they were just coming into focus in his line of vision.

"Yes.. Perhaps.." He said dismissively, but not.. With as much of a sneer that was very characteristic of his speech. Anise had been telling him to "play nice with the family" recently. Perhaps it would be beneficial to not stare anyone down when such a crucial moment in history was just one turn of a corner away.

"Feel free to rejoin Anise, I'm sure you can find your way. Or stay. As long as you're not in my way, I don't care what you do." He shrugged, tinkering with a certain adapter gadget whose purpose he couldn't recall, "If you genuinely need something, a certain power, an certain "upgrade" to existing powers, now would be the time to ask. Sharpened artillery is necessary in war you know."

Wild

Flavia nodded when Cadogan allowed the women to rejoin Anise. "Please let me know if you need my blood or anything else to benefit your work," she said. "I promised Gradius to join him when I was done here. I will come back if I need to improve my skills. Lady Anise will know what I need. I am still so new here, so I mainly follow Anise's orders."

Sophie smiled and waited until Flavia had retreated to find Gradius, while she lingered behind. She was interested in the kind of work Cadogan did, even if her own specialities were ancient runes and hidden languages.

"I think there is a skill I might need to improve," she said. "As you know I travel a lot to find the runes we need for the Order. I may need to improve my fighting skills. I am a researcher, not a warrior. Do you have anything that may help?"

SilmeriaElemred

Gradius was waiting with Anise in the dining room enjoying another glass of bloodwine.

''Welcome back dear.'' Anise said after Flavia had returned. ''Hopefully it did not hurt to much. Some already feel the pain when they just as much see needles. Can I interest you in a drink? Or your meal perhaps.''

Gradius had gotten on his feet making his way to Flavia. ''Whatever happens I do hope that you will find yourselves at home here and in the order. Many things we do are easily seen as cruel by those who are not used to it. But we have no problem at all to make sacrifices for the later greater good. A world where everyone who is not human, has to hide.''

Ever

It genuinely took a full minute, perhaps a minute and a half for Cadogan to tear his eyes away from his work and realise that he was still being addressed... And he was less than ecstatic about it. Hearing was one thing, but now Cadogan actually had to listen. He ran his tongue along his teeth and tried to remember something Anise had told him about family or about how his misanthropy shouldn't carry on to the rest of the Order, who by that placement, were already entitled to being treated with a higher regard the the humans who could not open their minds and eyes to their aims... Was that how it went? Was that even Anise who told him that? Must have been, anyone else to have made that comment would have been slaughtered, for lack of a "gentler" term... But he hadn't exactly listened to that either, no short of a miracle that he even stored it in memory. Sighing, Cadogan yielded to the request with a shrug.

"I've never had a need to know about such things, but.. I hear Anise's talk of your work often and... Well.. She seems pleased." Cadogan cleared his throat. Was this how family treated family? By not being cruel? Yes? Perhaps? How did humans live like this everyday? It was excruciating tedious and an almost physical strain on the mind to find the right words to say.

Swiftly walking to a large silver cabinet like drawer, Cadogan pulled it open and after the white breeze of ice cold air faded away, it revealed nothing in it but pitch black padding protecting a small rectangular tray slotted into a small cut out section for it in the middle. The small circular groves were filled with dark, crimson pills and a film of plastic covered the top. Taking them out with an almost surgical precision, he turned and walked back to Sophie, offering them to her.

"A collaborative invention; Blood Pellets. They're infused with a rare manipulating magic that enhances physical attributes such as speed, agility, dexterity and strength. Perhaps you are intelligent enough to know how to use them yourself and provide yourself with necessary training. The effects should last a 48 hour period and never under any circumstances take more than three under that period of time. You'll be dead." Blunt, to the point, simple. Like how all conversations should be.

Cadogan raised an eyebrow to the woman, hoping she was satisfied. Not much else he could do for her. He was but a scientist too. He could almost relate to a.. A certain lack of fighting skills.

Tags: