Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Inconsequential possessions

Started by Parkway, December 21, 2015, 06:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parkway

Everything else melted for that one moment.

"Yeah, we will."  He smiled as he watched him leave.  The conversation fresh in his mind had Honou thinking they should go to this Uti, but what would he know hidden in Hoyite.  Besides it was freezing there.

The problem was they came for answers and while they got some it only brought forth more.  He could send the note.  The courier would be able to deliver it?  Take to long though.  Damn.  He was fresh out of ideas.  He didn't want Verik to be in trouble and they were already making a detour.  They could return though and say they ran into an issue and return.  Or maybe he'd suggest that Verik reach out to Rina the one he trusted and have her come to them.  He didn't know how it all worked but he knew they needed to figure out this puzzle before handing the shard over.

DragonSong

Bane arrived quickly and met Verik with an expectant, questioning look. Sighing, his rider moved toward him and began explaining everything he could in a soft voice.

The dragon crooned softly as he fell silent, running his hand over his hair again in frustration. "I don't know what to do," he admitted. Bane reached his head forward and nuzzled his chest, rumbling.

With a sigh, he wrapped his arms around the dragon's neck and let his forehead rest against his scaly brow. "Honou's friend is letting us stay here," he muttered. "She doesn't have room for you inside, obviously, but she says you're welcome to stick close."

Bane nodded, huffing at him affectionately and nuzzling his cheek. "I will stay, of course. Where is Honou?"

Good question. "Inside still, I think."

The dragon's eyes glinted. "Then what are you doing out here? Worrying will do neither of you any good, not until you can think of a plan. Go on, go find him."

He arched an eyebrow but chuckled and obeyed easily enough. He didn't exactly need a lot of prompting.

Parkway

Honou was by the window and noticed the dragon arrive, well he is a dragon.  But his mind was a whirl.  Diaon came back in asking if they ate which he told her they did.  She told him tea would be ready later and they were welocme to join anyway.

He saw Verik coming back in and quickly went to the door to met him.  "How is he?  Will Bane be alright tonight?"  He asked first of Verik's dragon.

DragonSong

Verik smiled, pleased by Honou's interest in Bane's well-being. "He's fine, really. We're used to sleeping apart if the situation requires it."

Absently, he slipped his arms around the elf's waist. "It was very kind of Daion to let us stay here," he said. "Let her know I am more than happy to return the favor, should the occasion ever arise."

He yawned, unable to help himself. The events of the day were wearing on him, and his exhaustion was showing through.

Parkway

He leaned forward into Verik's embrace.  "I will or made you can...later."  He leaned further in but then Verik yawned and he had to admit the day had worn on him too.

"Ahhh, perhaps we should head to bed.  Sometimes a good nights sleep is all you need."  He let his hand go to the corporals.  "Come on our room is upstairs." 

Honou lead them up the small flight of stairs to a room with a nice big comfortable bed.   

DragonSong

Though he was tired, Verik felt a spark of playfulness light in his chest as Honou led him to the room they'd be using.

"You know," he mused, smiling crookedly and tugging gently on the other man's hand to pull him closer, "I seem to recall some discussion about how nice it would be to have a real bed to- use." He leaned in to kiss him, just a quick peck but very clearly an invitation for more.

Parkway

He didn't need anymore of an invitation and returned his kiss passionately.  His hand went to the back of Verik's and his body leaned in before he reluctantly parted.  "I remember something like that being discussed as well..."  His voice was already husky as he closed the door behind them with his foot.

He began to kissing him again as his hands now pulled and tugged on Verik's clothing.  "We are wearing too much...."  He groaned into his mouth.

DragonSong

"Agreed," Verik rasped back, breaking away long enough to strip down to his underthings before diving back into the kiss. He tried to pull them back toward the bed, stopping when the back of his legs hit the edge and he fell onto it with a startled, "Oof."

Parkway

Honou did the same!  He removed almost everything and Verik began to move them towards the be.  And he stumbled falling onto it and Honou being lead as he was came down with him.  For a moment he didn't move laying half on top of Verik and half on his side...then he began to laugh.

It was one of those full type laughs that you cannot control once it starts.  The kind that brings tears and hiccup.  He rolled on his back next to Verik trying to control the stream of merriment but it took a good bit to regain.

When he spoke it came out in a halting type fashion.  "You...you...I...that was...did I hurt you?"

DragonSong

Verik turned on his side to glower at him. "You're mocking me," he growled, eyes glinting with something that flickered between playfulness and something a little more wicked. "I don't think I appreciate it."

Propping himself up on one elbow, he reached out and covered Honou's mouth lightly, raising his eyebrows. "And no. You didn't hurt me." His tone became a little more gentle and his hand slid to cup the elf's cheek, leaning in to kiss him.

Feeling a little thwarted from earlier, her arched up over Honou, putting his hands to either side of his head and really leaning into the kiss. "Still find this funny?" he rumbled when he broke away for a moment to catch his breath.