Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

S(t)ealing creation [M]

Started by Medievarad, January 02, 2016, 03:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"You had no reason to save me. Yet you did. Habit or not." She retained the same cold personality. The same cold voice. "Gratefulness is in order.. And I am in debt to you." She stated plainly as she was helped to sit up straight. She frowned at the odd command.

"Magic?" She inquired.

DragonSong

"Of a sort," Jynx hedged. "And hey, I've never said no to someone being in debt to me. Tell you what." She tilted her head and smiled crookedly. "You help me get this trinket for my employer and get out of this hellhole alive, and we're square, yeah?"

Medievarad

Jynx seemed tl be rather evasive anout her ability. Good. Explaining your abilities to someone could only cause trouble. Though it could also indicate she was hiding something. In that case. It piqued Usagi's curiosity as to what it was. Ofcourse, she wouldn't inquire.

"If you wipe that hideous smirk off, I will." She stated coldly in return. Sure. She would get this woman out alive. It was part of her code. Even though she didn't trust the thief, she would keep her safe at any rate. Despite being saved. It was simply part of her code. About the trinket? Cross that bridge once we get there. And in all honesty? She did like someone like Jynx. Rebellious. Carefree. But. No way in hell she'd let that be obvious.

DragonSong

"Deal." Jynx stood and held her hand out to Usagi. On her shoulder, Tiameth yipped quietly and licked her mistress's ear, apparently bored.

Medievarad

Usagi grabbed Jynx' hand and stood up again. "Lead the way. You have the trap disarming creature." She said. Before turning to face the darkness off the narrow corridor ahead.

DragonSong

"Tia, search and disable," Jynx said briskly as she pulled Usagi to her feet. The little demon flapped off down the hallway, her mistress following cautiously behind.

"So what brings you here anyway?" she asked quietly, glancing at her companion.

Medievarad

"A mission." Was her only reply. Not caring to get into much other detail. The less Jynx knew. The safer she was. She wasn't allowed to talk about the shadow rangers. Nor would she do it any way. Some things are better kept quiet."We'llenter the great hall soon. I believe this is where the necromancer is."

DragonSong

Jynx's mouth twisted sourly. "Right, necromancer. Look, the guy who hired me for this job is apparently an asshole who will be getting all kinds of hell from me the next time I see him, and he didn't exactly brief me properly- so what is it that we're about to go up against?"

She muttered bitterly, "I know he can make zombies, or whatever the hell those things are, but anything else I should know?"

Medievarad

"I don't know either. Information was scarce." She merely replied in return. "I didn't know the traps were rigged, nor that he actually can see our every move. Whoever it is, he is powerful." She snickered. And if her gut feeling was right, the trinket this thief was seeking, was also empowering the necromancer.

DragonSong

"Oh, wonderful," she muttered. Reaching out to grip her companion's shoulder, she said, "Alright, we need some sort of game plan. We can't just charge in blindly, we're going to get ourselves killed."

Medievarad

"Oh. I wasn't planning on charging in blindly." She said, pulling the mask down infront of her face, flinging the kama from her back, letting them slide through her hands to grab the hilts. "He can see our every move. So, it's simple. You have to move fast enough that he cannot track it."

DragonSong

Hm. That would require a very specific skill set. Nodding, Jynx clenched her fists, forcing another trickle of blood to flow from the cut on her palm.

"Nightmare, come to me."

With a sound like the crackle of flame, the demonic mare appeared at her side. Giving Usagi a quick, business-like nod, she jumped easily onto the creature's back. "Fast. Alright, we can do fast."

Medievarad

"I'd be surprised how fast." She said, before she dissappeared from sight, the gentle sound of a thud that indicated her actually departure only sounding with a delay afterwards.

She touched down in the middle of a grand hall, having evaded traps and zombies on her way, the kama brandished, she looked at her target. A pale man with raven hair. A trinket around his neck that was glowing with a deep purple color. His eyes sharing the same radiant purple.

"He's being controlled." She stated towards Jynx, trusting that she could keep up with her phantasmal speeds. The man slowly shambled forwards with loud and antagonised cries.

DragonSong

Jynx wrinkled her nose, refusing to be impressed by the young woman's speed. "Of course he is," she grumbled. Clicking to her demonic steed, she and Nightmare leaped into the hall. Tiameth fluttered around her head, chattering anxiously.

The large black horse snorted and tossed her head, eyes rolling and flaming as she took in their adversary. Without a word, Jynx drew a knife from her belt, took aim, and let it fly.

It buried itself to the hilt in the necromancer's shoulder. She paused, waiting to see if he reacted to pain or would simply keep coming like the other undead creatures she'd dealt with in these ruins.

Medievarad

The hilt buried itself in the man's chest. Yet. The black robed necromancer seemed rathet upnhased by this. Coffins that were posted against the wall blasted open. Their lids flying through the room at great velocity, making them dangerous projectiles. Undead soldiers stepped out of the walls. Brandishing ancient weaponry. Filled with rust, dents, cracks and other symptoms of time's influence. Roughly fifteen soldiers littered the room now and stormed for the pair.

Usagi managed to dodge the lids. As they were quite heavy, yet she dashed backwards, next to Jynx as the soldiers started to charge them.

DragonSong

Swearing colorfully, Jyns readied another dagger, though she figured it would be pretty useless. "How do we kill- rekill?- these things?" she asked sharply.

Nightmare hoped into a half rear, screaming a challenge at the undead soldiers. Tiameth seemed to have retreated to the sky, screeching and chittering as she circled above them.

Medievarad

"Cut them untill they die." She replied coldly, before circling the kama in her hand and chargong forward. Going straight for the necromancer. Ignoring the undead that shambled behind her.

She moved forward with a great slash for the necromancer's shoulder. Before an arcane blast knocked her back, sending Usagi flying through the hall. She slummed against the floor before getting to her knees slowly. "The amulet.." She stammered before coughing out and getting to her feet. The undead immediatly charging at Usagi.

DragonSong

The amulet?

"Fuck me," Jynx hissed, and leaped from Nightmare's back, darting through the soldiers and slashing with a knife in both hands. "Protect her!" she shouted at the demon, and the massive horse neighed an affirmative before charging to Usagi's side, scattering undead critters and screaming a challenge.

"Tiameth, the amulet!" Jynx shouted, trying desperately to clear a path through the shambling fighters. The smaller demon chirped and dove for the necromancer, but had to pull up at a blast of that strange power. She kept trying though, distracting him at the very least.

Medievarad

To the demon, it would seem like Usagi became one with the darkness, dissappearing into the shadows. Completely dissappearing from sight. It was at the exact same moment, the shadow of the necromancer grew upwards, slowly flaking off to reveal the shadow ranger. And within the blink of an eye, the necromancer's head rolled to Jynx' feet.

All the soldiers dropped into piles of metal, cloth and dust.

Usagi fell to one knee, blood richly flowing from her hip now. Her face slowly growing pale. She pulled up the mask and spat out some blood. "Don't.. Touch it.." She whispered as she slowly ceawled to the headless corpse.

DragonSong

Getting over her surprise, Jynx darted forward. "Don't touch it? What, the body? Yeah, didn't need you to tell me that. Are you alright- why are you going near it?"

She hesitated a few paces away, still clutching her blades- wanting to help but not sure how.