Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

S(t)ealing creation [M]

Started by Medievarad, January 02, 2016, 03:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"Good." She said. She could try to, but if Usagi wanted out, she wouldn't even notice her being gone.

Yet, the assassin sighed slowly. "If you head my direction and if you can keep up, I will not stop you."

DragonSong

Offering a small smile, Dusk murmured, "Th-thanks." She stood, brushing at her skirts absently. "You can g-go soon, but I want you to eat s-something first. Hang on." She moved toward the back room.

Medievarad

"I told you if you could keep up." Was what Usagi said as Dusk slowly trodded towards the back room. She sighed slowly and dissappeared from sight, the door slamming open instantly after. If Dusk would hurry outside, she'd see Usagi a bit of a distance off already, walking slowly.

DragonSong

Dusk usually traveled light, so she it was easy enough to shoulder her pack, grab some travel rations, write a note to Alan, and head back out into the main room.

Empty. Of course.

Grumbling, she took off out the door, hurrying after a flash of red hair. "Hey, w-wait a second!" she called.

Medievarad

"Keep up!" Was what was shouted from afar, the red assassin not lowering her pace.

DragonSong

Huffing a bit, Dusk finally managed to catch up to her, staggering into step beside her. "I t-told you you need to eat s-something," she muttered, fishing around in her pack for provisions.

Medievarad

"And I told you I was fine." Usagi said in response, discarding the remainders of an apple she swiped on the way. "And how well did you listen?"

DragonSong

Dusk gave her a dry look. "I can tell that you're n-not fine," she grumbled. "So forgive m-me for not listening to a lie."

Medievarad

"So. You wish for me to lay down my arms and portray my weakness to a complete stranger freely?" Usagi chuckled dryly. "Hope's but a fool's folly."

DragonSong

"I n-never said that," Dusk replied coolly. "I j-just know you're not as fine as you c-claim. Told you, I c-can't help it."

She hefted her pack a bit before asking, "Wh-where are you even going?"

Medievarad

Usagi only answered with a dry huff, before looking at Dusk. "I sealed an artifact away. She is in possession of the shell of that artifact. The seal allows me to track it down." She said, sparing the unnescessary details.

DragonSong

"Oh." They walked in silence for a few steps, then, "Wh-what if she gives it away? Or s-sells it?"

Medievarad

"I know she will hand it to her contact at once." Usagi let out a slow chuckle. "She's good. But not good enough to hide from me."

DragonSong

Dusk frowned. "Th-then what's the point in tracking it? If she just g-gets rid of it, how do you plan to find her?"

Medievarad

"Means I can track her contact. Question him and follow that trail." She said with a slow sigh. It was pretty easy. Tracking someone. Just following the trail left behind.

DragonSong

Silence for a long moment. Then:

"Wh-why bother tracking her at all?" Dusk ventured quietly, looking at her patient sidelong. It had seemed to her that the other redhead hadn't been happy to leave, but determined all the same. How would she react to being followed?

Medievarad

Usagi enjoyed the brief silence. It allowed her to concentrate for a second. She took a small paper scroll from her belt and unfurled it. Examining the contents before placing it back on her belt. "A roadside inn. I'm going to walk faster if I want to catch up." She said, before glancing iver her shoulder.

I love her. "She still has something that belongs to me." Close enough.

DragonSong

"Oh." Dusk frowned, not really buying it but sensing that she shouldn't probe further. "Okay." She tried to pick up her pace a bit, absently pulling her multicolored hair over one shoulder and twisting it into a loose braid.

"You know...I n-never got your name," she said after a moment, looking at the girl out of the corner of her eye.

Medievarad

Usagi didn't answer to the short reply. "Usagi." Was her slow, sighing response. "I'm going to run. I got a night to catch up on." At that, she stopped in her tracks and charged forward with great speeds.

DragonSong

"Wha- hey!" Dusk took off after her, not nearly as fast but at least enough to keep her in her line of sight. It didn't take long before she was panting and tired, but she refused to give up, keeping doggedly after Usagi.