Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

S(t)ealing creation [M]

Started by Medievarad, January 02, 2016, 03:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Usagi glanced over her shoulder. This wasn't really her fastest. This was just endurance. Yet, she gave the healer some credit. She managed to keep up ever so slightly. Well, she'd drop out in the long run.

She'd slow down if she wasn't in a hurry like this. But, she had to be there as soon as possible. Otherwise, the trail would go cold.

DragonSong

It was all Dusk could do just to keep up, so she decided to stop talking, focusing her attention on breathing, moving her legs, and not passing out.

Medievarad

After a few solid hours of running, Usagi not slowing down in the slightest, they, or Usagi alone would reach a roadsidein. One where'd she storm inside and run up to the innkeeper behind his bar.

With one simple question. "Have you seen a woman with red, long hair, a scar across her face?" Her quedtion soundong more desperate than she intended.

DragonSong

The innkeeper blinked, startled by her abrupt opinion. Then he was instantly on guard. "Dunno," he said slowly, eyeing her up. "What's it to you?"

Which was about the time Dusk came staggering into the inn, slumping against the doorframe and panting desperately for breath.

Medievarad

"I need to find her.." With a deep sigh, Usagi regained her composure once more, her face going ice-cold. Looking the innkeeper dead in the eyes. "Have you seen her. Yes or no?" Usagi glanced over her shoulder briefly at Dusk's arrival. Surprising. She managed to keep up.

DragonSong

Apparently deciding being surly just wasn't worth it, the man shrugged. "Saw her yesterday. Stopped in for a meal, then left again. Couldn't have been here more than twenty minutes."

Dusk, sort of getting her breath back, managed to push herself off the wall and approach quietly, catching the end of what the innkeeper told her.

Medievarad

"Shit.. Do you know where she was headed?" She asked, her fist clenching slowly. Yet, her face didn't betray any kind of emotion.

DragonSong

The innkeeper shrugged again. "Didn't ask. Shifty looking if you ask me," he muttered, eyeing Usagi a little warily. Dusk looked back and fortune between them, unsure what to do.

Medievarad

Usagi nodded slowly. "I need food. For on the road." She tossed a small coinpurse on the counter. "Anything that can sustain me for two days. I don't care what. Just make it quick."

DragonSong

The man nodded, snatched the money, and slipped away, presumably to a kitchen or something. Dusk came warily forward.

"C-can you really find her in t-two days?" she asked quietly.

Medievarad

"She was here yesterday. She is travelling by horseback. I will." She said with a slow sigh, as man would return, she would accept whatever he took. "Around what time yesterday? And do you sell horses?"

DragonSong

The innkeeper handed over a sack of food. "Mid morning, I'd say," he responded in a mutter. "And no. Sorry, lass. But you may be able to strike a deal with some of our other customers." He made a vague gesture around the common room of the inn.

Dusk could feel herself shrinking. Talking to more people? Oh great.

Medievarad

"Thanks for the info." She took the sack of food and turned around. "And I'll pass. Thanks." She said, walking out again.

A knife slipped from her hand, slicing the leashes of the first horse she'd find outside. "Come on." She said, jumping on the horse and holding a hand out to Dusk.

DragonSong

Dusk frowned, then gasped when she realized what the girl intended to do. "We c-can't-" she started, then stopped. Usagi wasn't going to listen to her. With a sigh, she fished some coins out of a pouch on her belt and dropped them next to the hitching post.

Reaching up, she took the other woman's hand and swung up into the horses back behind her. "Um...what should I...?" She hesitantly put her arms around Usagi's waist to anchor herself.

Medievarad

Usagi merely glanced at Dusk, not answering her in the slightest. She knew she was comitting a crime. But then again. She was an assassin, a murderer and a thief. She didn't care in the slighest if horsethief was added to her titles.

"Occasionally take reigns while I check we're still going in the right direction." She answered in reply, before forcing the horse to move in the given direction. One she had read from the scroll earlier.

DragonSong

"O-Okay." Dusk grabbed her a little tighter as they set off, squeaking at the movement of the horse, then blushed. "Um, s-s-s-sorry," she mumbled, sitting back a bit and making a concerted effort to relax her grip.

Medievarad

Usagi didn't really have the time or energy to focus on Dusk's clumsiness or general awkward behaviour. There were better things to do. "Reigns." She simply said, trusting that Dusk would take them.

And as soon as she did, Usagi grabbed the scroll again and opened it, studying it's contents.

DragonSong

A little clumsily, Dusk took the reins, having to press up against Usagi's back to do so and have any measure of control over the animal. "I r-really don't think this is safe," she mumbled, trying desperately to keep her seat.

Medievarad

"Safe is the least of my worries." Usagi answered bluntly in response, before closing the scroll once more, brushing past Dusk's chest to put the scroll back on her belt. "Thanks." She said as she took the reigns once more.

DragonSong

Flushing, Dusk leaned back a bit. "Um, yeah. N-no problem." She let her arms circle loosely around Usagi's waist, falling into an easier rhythm as she started to get used to the rocking of the horse's gait.