Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

S(t)ealing creation [M]

Started by Medievarad, January 02, 2016, 03:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

No answer came from Usagi, who merely focussed on getting to their next location, Jynx' actual contact, as soon as possible.

DragonSong

Dusk fell quiet, unsure what to do or say. Eventually, she ventured a quiet, "Wh-where are we going?" Did she even know, or were they just wandering at this point? She wasn't sure she trusted that scroll thing.

Medievarad

"Tracing her steps. She has the artifact and..-" She cut herself off, holding the reigns and stopping the horse. "Shit." Was what she said to herself.

Inside. The final blow was dealt. A dagger through her heart. The dropoff was made. Ever since she stole the horse, she saw how the artifact didn't move.

She had already dropped it off.

And knowing Jynx.

No way of tracking her now.

DragonSong

"Wh-what's wrong?" Dusk asked, jerking ungainly with the halting of the horse. She reached down to pat the animal's flank, unconsciously reaching out to soothe.

And she felt a jab of pain from Usagi. Gasping softly, she drew back, not having expected her power to brush against the other woman's emotions. Something bad had happened.

Medievarad

With a slow sigh, Usagi swung her leg to the side, sliding of the creature. "The trail's cold. I won't be able to track her. Since half an hour ago." Stupid

She looked at Dusk again. No doubt would she want to stick around. And she'd come to like this particular stubborn healer. And she'd leave aswell.

And all the pain would happen once more. "Hold the reigns." She said, looking up at Dusk with a nod, before smacking the horse's flank with all her might. "Go!" She yelled, spooking the horse into running away at full speed with Dusk still ontop. At the same time, Usagi turned around with a slow sigh, starting to walk in the other direction. Broken.

DragonSong

"Wh-whoa!" For once her stutter was more from surprise than anything else. She clutched at the reins and desperately tried to keep her seat, sending calming thoughts to the spooked animal.

The horse calmed enough for her to gain some kind of control and she pulled him around, cantering back down the trail toward Usagi. Glaring, she pulled the horse into a sharp turn and halted in front of the young woman.

"What the h-h-hell was th-that?!" she demanded, glowering at her.

Medievarad

"I'm going home. So should you." She said, walking past her. Not even looking up at the healer.

DragonSong

Leaning forward to pat the horse's neck absently, Dusk urged him forward to plod along beside her. "At l-least let me get you h-home," she urged quietly. She couldn't just leave her like this.

Medievarad

"No. You're not allowed there. Not by me. Nor by the others."  She said, looking away from Dusk, off into the distance. "Besides. As of now.. You'd want to have nothing to do with me." She said, glancing up at the woman. "It is not a threat. It is a warning."

DragonSong

Dusk bit her lip. "I..." She couldn't think of anything to say.

With a sigh, she reached into the pouch at her belt and pulled out a small vial of greenish glass. "It's not much, but it'll h-help with infection and p-pain," she murmured, holding it out to Usagi. "If...if you ever need more...I'm in La'marri a lot," she finished, dropping her eyes.

Medievarad

"Keep it," Usagi smirked coyly, "I'll have a reason to come and bother you more." Not really the main reason. She just didn't want any help at the moment. And it'd be wasted on her.

It wasn't certain death. But the path she planned on walki.g was even more dangerous than the current one.

DragonSong

She felt her eyes start to itch, illogical as it was. She barely knew the woman for gods' sakes! "J-just...look out for yourself, Usagi," she murmured, withdrawing her hand and blinking rapidly to clear her vision.

Medievarad

"Perhaps I'll survive to see you once again." Was what she stated, before she turned to the forest on tgeir left and.sighing. "I just don't want to get attachments." At that, she dissappeared from sight, rrappearing on the edge of the first and dissappearing into the shadows.

It was time to cut ties.