Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

S(t)ealing creation [M]

Started by Medievarad, January 02, 2016, 03:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

"This is.. The artifact you're looking for.. Isn't it?" She said, kneeling down next to the corpse. "I.. Won't allow you to take it.." She said, before doubling up and coughing up more blood. "I need to.. Destroy it.."

DragonSong

Jynx quirked an eyebrow. "No offense, sweetheart, but with the state you're in I don't think you could stop me if you tried."

But she didn't move forward to take the amulet immediately. Instead she knelt next to her, taking her arm and slinging it around her shoulders. "Come on, let's get you someplace we can fix you up before we do anything else," she muttered, hand darting toward the amulet as she tried to get them both to their feet.

Medievarad

She was pulled upwards slowly, taking a deep gasp in pain. Yet she noticed Jynx' hand going for the amulet.
She pushed herself off against the ground, toppling the redheaded thief over and landing next to her on her back. Most movement impaired. Yet she slid a knife from her sleeve and pressed it against Jynx' throat. Her face distorted with pain. The amount of forve she had visibly diminishing. The shove was merely a last, desperate attempt to keep Jynx at bay.

"It seizes your mind.. The instant you touch.. I.. Don't want to fight you when it.. Does.." She coughed up more blood, the hand holding the knife quivering in pain and exhaustion. Usagi new she couldn't stop anyone who'd take the gauntlet. Nor did she want to see this particular thief becoming a slave to an arcane trinket.

But if she'd try to get it, Usagi had no choice but to fight her before she could touch it.

DragonSong

Jynx raised her hands toward her head, showing she was making no move for the amulet. "Alright, alright, calm down, you're going to hurt yourself."

She cast about desperately for a solution. "Well, we can't just leave it here. Let me find something to wrap it in, then let's get you out of here." She was trying not to be, but she was really worried about the young woman. All that coughing up blood did not bode well.

Medievarad

"Give me.. Some time.." She said as she pulled herself up straight. It was an amazing feat for the wounds she had recieved. She got on her knees weakly and sat down next to the corpse, blood gushing down from her chest as she pulled a bloodu scroll from her robes, pulling it open.

DragonSong

"Fires and plague and-" Jynx gritted her teeth, kneeling beside the young woman. "You need healing you stubborn idiot, so if you don't do this fast I'm dragging your pretty little butt out of here for your own good," she grumbled.

Nightmare whickered and pawed the ground, but the demonlord did not return her through the Veil; she wasn't sure if she'd still be needed.

Medievarad

Usagi didn't pay heed to the words and rolled the scroll out on the floor, her movements sluggish and shakey. She pulles down a sleeve from her robes, revealing her bloody shoulder, undergarments that were colored crimson due to a thick layer of blood and a deep wound underneath her chest.

With a slow breath, she pressed her index and middlefinger on the wound, hissing in pain bitterly. She pressed her fingers down on the unfurled scroll, pressing the blood on it. Usagi continued by sitting up straight. Or at least trying t and holding up her index and middlefinger, closing her eyes briefly to properly concentrate. Her lips quivering in pain. Yet her expression was one of calmth and serenity.

A loud, abyssmal screeching and screaming resounded as the amulet lit up. The entire room in a bright purple glow. But the raidance only died down as the screeching faded into the distance.

And.when the room was normal again, when the ethereal screeching had died down, Usagi keeled over, crashing downwith heavy, uncontrolled breaths.

DragonSong

"Alright, that's it." She ripped a strip of cloth off the bottom her tunic and tossed at the- now no longer shrieking, thank gods- amulet. Wrapping it quickly, she stuffed the thing in a pouch at her belt, trying to do her best not to touch it.

Then she looked at Usagi. With another curse, Jynx slid one arm behind the woman's back and the other under her knees. She knew you weren't supposed to move someone so badly hurt, but she didn't see a whole lot of other options. With a sharp whistle, she called Nightmare to her, using some larger bits of rubble as a mounting block to leap onto her back while still holding her strange companion.

"Get us out of here, fast," she muttered, and the demon took off.

Medievarad

Usagi was lying in Jynx' arms, her eyes devoid of life, her breathing dangerously shallow. Yet, it was still present. Same for a faint heartbeat, that caused a rush of blood from the wound under her chest each time it throbbed. She swung around like a lifeless doll in Jynx' hands, rambling silently about some kind of demon that was chasing her. Horned. Bearing two swords, yet her speech was incoherent as she was constantly slipping in and out of conciousness.

DragonSong

Nightmare's frantic ride out of the ruins was a blur to Jynx, and by the time the demon slowed she wasn't quite sure where they were. She looked down at the semi-conscious girl she held, starting to panic a bit.

"I don't even know what's wrong with her!" she exclaimed frantically. Nightmare  eased to a stop, pawing the ground anxiously, and she dismounted carefully, laying Usagi on the ground. "Alright, alright..." She wracked her brain, trying to think of something to do. Was she poisoned? "Hey, Spitfire, can you hear me?"

Medievarad

Usagi coughed painfully as she was placed on the ground. Everything was a haze to her. Distant shouting. It didn't even matter. She looked up at Jynx weakly, raising her hand slowly, against the woman's cheek. Her thumb gently running across the scar. "So.. Beautiful.." Was what she muttered.

Usagi didn't seem poisoned in the least. Wounded and in pain to an extent of hallucinations, on the brink of death.

DragonSong

Jynx froze under her touch, completely thrown. She pulled herself together quickly though and set about stripping the other woman's shirt off to get a look at her wounds. "You're hallucinating or something," she muttered. Over her shoulder she said sharply to Nightmare, "Stand guard."

Her tone changed to breathless disbelief when she say the source of the blood. "Dear gods..." How was the girl even still alive? Working as fast as she could, she dug into the pouch on her belt and ripped out the few strips of cloth she carried to use as bandages. She set about wrapping the wounds up, talking all the while in an attempt to keep Usagi conscious.

"Sorry, I know this hurts. It's just until I can get you to a real healer, just hang on..."

Medievarad

Her hand slumped to the side weakly after a short while. Her fingers ocassionally twitching softly. She let out soft murmurs and gentle sobs as she was being bandaged up by Jynx, not responding to her words.

DragonSong

An endless torrent of cursing streamed out of Jynx under her breath. She'd done the best she could with the bandages, but they really needed to get her to a healer.

Scooping the young woman up again, she whistled for Nightmare and mounted carefully. They set off at a less breakneck pace, Jynx now more worried about what jostling would do to Usagi than the fact that she would be bleeding out.

Medievarad

Between the haze of surfacing memories, positive and negative. The pain she felt. A moment of clarity hit the young warrior. She titled her head weakly towards her saviour's face. The thief she had expected to leave her for death once they had the amulet. The thief she had admired for an undeniable efficiency was now rescuing her. Or attempting to. "T-thanks.." Was what she muttered in that moment of clarity. Yet it was barely audible, half of it weakly gurgled.

DragonSong

Jynx glanced down. She thought she'd heard Usagi say something, but it was muffled. "Just take it easy, Spitfire," she muttered, spurring Nightmare to pick up the pace.

The reached a village more quickly than she would have thought possible. Practically throwing herself off the demonic mare, Jynx cradled the young woman against her chest and chanted the spell to send Nightmare back through the Veil.

An inn. An inn should have a healer, right? She ran to the first promising building, kicking at the door instead of knocking as her hands were occupied. "Hey! Help, we need a healer out here!"

She looked down at Usagi, biting her lip. "You still with me, Spitfire?"

Medievarad

It seemed like Usagi wasn't with her. Eye closed, the pale face only accentuating the crimson streaks of blood. Her jaw opened slightly. If it wasn't for the shallow breathing. The faint rising and falling of her chest, one would make her mistake for being dead. Yet. She looked peaceful like that.

However, as peaceful as she might've looked, she was still dying. Bloodloss and pain had taken it's toll and knocked her out. Actual death wasn't a far cry any longer.

DragonSong

Jynx thanked some dozen gods she didn't really believe in when someone appeared in the doorway. "Who's- oh my goodness!"

"Help," she croaked out, looking up at the middle aged woman who looked more like the innkeeper than a healer. She didn't care, she'd take what she could get. "We need help."

The woman pulled herself together. "Bring her inside, quickly."

Jynx obeyed without question, following her into the inn and through some hallways she wasn't really paying attention to until she found herself in a back room. There was a small, long table pressed against one wall and she was directed to lay Usagi on it while the woman went to find her husband, who was apparently a healer of some small skill.

She did, crouching next to the unconscious girl and taking her hand absently. "C'mon, Spitfire. Usagi? Open your eyes, come on..."

Medievarad

Usagi didn't seem to respond to any outside stimuli. She was slowly lowered on the long, wooden table, blood dripping down from the surface quite soon. Yet, the hand that Jynx grabbed, twitched slowly. Usagi opening her eyes weakly. Devoid of emotion or life for that matter. Hazey and unfocussed. She felt the soft grip around her hand, yet couldn't muster the strength to speak, instead, she softly squeezed whomever's hand was holding hers.

DragonSong

Jynx let out a heavy sigh when the healer finally arrived, leaping to her feet but still keeping a grip on the near-stranger's hand.

"What happened?" the man asked as he moved to the injured young woman. Jynx backed off, knowing magic sometimes needed room to work.

"I'm not sure," she admitted. "We bumped into each other and she must have already been hurt. I didn't realize how bad it was until she collapsed."

The healer nodded, gesturing for his wife to come forward. She did, holding out what must be bandages and maybe some kind of poultice. "This may take a while. Take the other one to get some food."

She nodded and moved toward Jynx, but the demonlord shook her head. "I'm staying," she said firmly.

The innkeeper-and-apparently-healer shrugged, muttering, "Suit yourself," and set to work.