Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

S(t)ealing creation [M]

Started by Medievarad, January 02, 2016, 03:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

More voices. Footsteps. Enemies? Assassins? The horned and masked demon that had haunted her dreams and very being. She lifted her head weakly. Only to see a redheaded thief, a middle aged woman and her husband. She had the distinct feeling she had seen that redhead somewhere before. With a faint slump, her head dropped down again. These seemed like nice people.

She felt the healer going to work on her body. Every few seconds he had to pull away one or another hidden blade, a knife, dagger, any kind of concealed weaponry. It seemed to be quite the amount. Yet, Usagi was too weak to bring up any valid protests. She passed out again with a low grunt.

DragonSong

When her companion lost consciousness again, Jynx started forward with a worried frown. The innkeeper's wife waved her back though, saying her husband needed room to work and that the girl would be fine, she was just exhausted.

Reluctantly, Jynx sank into a chair at the head of the small table, out of the way but close enough to keep an eye on what was happening. Even when the healer sat back with a sigh, saying he'd done all that he could and that Usagi just needed to rest, let her body take over the healing process, she refused to leave.

She took the woman's hand again, murmuring thanks to the older couple as they left the room and promising she'd pay them for lodging once her companion was well enough to move. She was pretty exhausted herself, and before she quite knew what was happening her head fell forward and she was asleep.

Medievarad

When the healer and his wife were done, there was a pile of weaponry next to the table, aswell as her cloth gauntlets and bloody robes were neatly folded next to the pile of weaponry. Clothes weren't really required, she was almost completely bandaged up. A layer of bandages and her underwear.

With a slow groan, Usagi awoke again, her mind a tad more clear than before. She tried to sit up, yet felt a soft grip on her hand, looking down at the redheaded thief. Jynx. She let out a slow sigh. It seemed like she had just been rescued.

DragonSong

Usagi's stirring brought Jynx back to consciousness. Instantly she was on guard, snapping up and leaning toward the other woman.

"Hey, don't move," she urged, putting a hand on her shoulder to guide her back down. "Gods, Spitfire, you really had me worried for a minute there," she laughed. Realizing she still held her hand, she dropped it and cleared her throat. "Uh, how're you feeling?"

Medievarad

She felt the soft hand on her shoulder and nodded slowly, resting back on the table. She glanced at their still held hands, before back up at Jynx, who quickly rectified something that she tought was a mistake. "Shit." Was what she replied. "Where's the mask.." She murmured to herself, trying to look around.

DragonSong

"Oh, uh..." She looked around before nodding at the quite impressive pile of weaponry. "Probably in there, somewhere. But I'm not sure you should put it back on. Might block your airways or- something." She shrugged. She wasn't a healer.

Medievarad

Usagi tilted her head slightly, looking at the weaponry, gazing for the odd mask. "It isn't." Is what she stated after a brief moment. "It must be still in the ruins." She sighed slowly, before couhging painfully.

Usagi looked at Jynx. "Thank you." Was what she said, before she sat up slowly again, hand on her stomach. She turned on the table so her legs dangled over the edge and she stood up. Faintly limping over to the robes and weaponry. "But I have to go."

DragonSong

"Whoa whoa whoa, easy there, tough girl," Jynx said, hand snapping out to catch her arm and drag her back. Evidently this mask thing was really important. "Look, you are really banged up. And that's putting it lightly. You need to rest and heal."

She rubbed the back of her neck, biting her lip. She really shouldn't be doing this for someone she just met, but... "Look, I'll go back for it, alright? Just stay here and let yourself heal."

Medievarad

She put her hand on Jynx'. A gentle yet insisting touch. "I'll rest when I am dead." She said. Yet too weak to resist being put down on the table again. Something she didn't like. A frown on her face as she sat down again.

"I.. Don't go.." She said as she grabbed Jynx' arm, trying to stop her from leaving. "You will not understand. But believe me. If you leave now. I will die. He is always watching." A shiver ran down her spine. A sensation she hadn't felt in a long time. Fear. "If I end up alone. Without the mask. He'll come to get me. He fears the mask."

DragonSong

"Uh, a-alright," Jynx stammered, sinking down to perch next to her on the edge of the table. She had no idea what the girl was talking about, but those words- He is always watching- struck a chord with her.

"I'll stay," she soothed. "I'll stay, but you really need to rest up. We can go look for your mask in the morning, alright?" That was probably still too soon to move her, but she had the feeling Usagi might not even wait that long.

Medievarad

Usagi released Jynx' hand again, nodding slowly and lying down again. At peace with this decision. "He cannot harm me when there is someone else.." With  a soft sigh, silence slowly fell.

Yet. After a brief moment, Usagi spoke up again. "You're lonely. Aren't you?"

DragonSong

Jynx snapped her head around to look at her. "What? No."

Silence.

She sighed sharply. "Maybe. A little. Sometimes." There was the echo of a grating laugh in the back of her head. She frowned, looking away. It was a strange situation she found herself in, never truly alone but always lonely.

She didn't want to think about it. "Seriously, Spitfire. Get some sleep. I...I'm not going anywhere."

Gods, she must be losing her mind.

Medievarad

"It's alright." She said as she sat up slowly. "I feel the same." Was what she said with a slow sigh. "You have the same eyes. The same look." Usagi looked up at Jynx. "We're alike." She coughed slowly, but kept up straight. "Yet.. You're the better person. You saved me." She stood up, stumbling forward, hugging Jynx when she was close enough. "I never tought anyone would care. So I push people away."

DragonSong

"Oh-" Jynx stood frozen for a moment, then very slowly brought her arms around to return the hug awkwardly. "I'm really not a good person," she mumbled- for some reason that was what her brain chose to focus on.

Letting out a breath, she sort of patted Usagi's head. "Alright, Spitfire, it's okay. I couldn't just leave you to die, yeah?" She gave her a lopsided smile. "You pretty much saved my ass back there." Absently she patted her head again, finding the gesture oddly calming for herself as well.

Medievarad

"I don't care where your loyalities are. You saved me." She stated ir so bluntly. So matter-of-factly. "I just did that had to be done. You had no advantages in saving me there. I am glad you did so."

DragonSong

She smiled a bit. "Me too, Spitfire. Now, c'mon." She dipped to hook one leg under Usagi's knees, lifting her up. "You need sleep. I mean it."

She maneuvered them to the table, laying the young woman on it. "I know it's not very comfortable, but it'll work for now, yeah?" She tilted her head at the other girl, brushing some hair off her face absently. "It's a pity you have to wear the mask," she said without thinking. She had a very pretty face.

Medievarad

"W-whoa.." She felt the leg hooked under hers, being lifted in Jynx' arms. Somehow. She felt like she could get used to this. She was placed on the table again, shrugging. "I've had worse." She said, before looking Jynx dead in the eyes. "Why is it a pity?"

DragonSong

Jynx shrugged. "Well, you're a pretty little thing. Seems like a shame to cover it up." She winked, kind of unable to help herself.

Medievarad

"Thanks." She said with a slow sigh. "Are you flirting with me, Jynx?"

DragonSong

She chuckled. "Maybe a little. Does it bother you?" She was a bit of a flirt by nature, but she wasn't one to play a game the other person wasn't interested in playing. She'd back off if she was told to.