Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

How to Tame a Madman [Goblin]

Started by Juno, February 14, 2016, 08:33:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juno

Xibalba snorted his disapproval, shaking his head for her accusations. He was not narcissistic and he was not "off his game" as she'd put it. He settled against the side of his nest, neck draped over the side as he watched her struggle of slow crawling. She seemed uncomfortable, possibly in pain, and he didn't understand why she was putting on such a front about it.

'If you were dragonkin I would know. Don't be ridiculous with your humanlike delusions. Magic is one thing, dragons are different. We are creatures of magic, not party illusions,' he stated, assuming she'd meant some rudimentary form of making herself look or seem a dragon. He'd known some mages to hold such abilities before, but they were different, they were not dragons by birth.

GoblinFae

"I have no delusions. I am no party illusion or trickster. I am dragonkin whether you like it or not. I am the daughter of a dragon and will take no further insult to my upbringing, especially not from such a noble creature such as yourself who should know better."

Making it at last to the edge of the nest, Eireann dragged herself to a standing position and clung to the edge that was level with her shoulders. "Now scoot," she demanded to the face so close to her own. "I want in too."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

The dragon rolled his eyes, snorting hot air towards her as she ascended his nest but refusing to move as she demanded. Instead he just blinked lazily as he watched her, his eyes glowing dimly. 'If you were dragonkin I would be able to tell quite easily. Noble creatures...like dragons, have a particular scent. Even when they do not appear as themselves. Your father told you quite a lie there about your mother,' he added the last with another snort and a rumbling chuckle of disbelief.

'I will allow you to join me if you find your own space. I do not move at the command of a human woman,' Xibalba sneered.

GoblinFae

Eireann huffed at his reply. She was right and he was wrong. If he did not believe her then that was his own fault. While it was true she had absolutely no idea who her real mother was and her father never told the same story twice concerning her, Lyrsa had been mother enough for the woman when she was growing up. Lyrsa had been around since Eireann was a baby and had indeed raised her as if she were one of her own young dragonlings. The human woman would not hear otherwise from anyone about who and what she was. Lyrsa said she was dragonkin, so dragonkin she was.

Grumpy with the massive dragon's refusal to move, she made the decision to climb up anyway. It took a bit more hefting than usual to drag herself up but after a few bounces of of her legs she managed to perch herself on the edge of the nest. Instead of tumbling into it though she chose to very carefully but very determinedly climb onto the dragon's head. She was quick in her scuttling, fearful of him suddenly shaking his head but also resolute in having her bit of mischief. If Xibalba was going to refuse to move then she was going to climb him too. She plopped herself down on the crown of his skull, feeling quite proud of herself though she suspected at any moment she would be rolling back off with his first attempt at dislodging her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Juno

He watched with amusement sparkling in his eyes as he watched her struggle to get to the top of the nest. It was entertaining, like people-watching in the villages as the drunkards stumbled about and argued among themselves. Eireann's boldness surprised him, though, catching him off guard as she climbed up his scales like some disobedient child climbing the roof of their house after their mother told them not to. The small weight against his scales was hardly anything, though, and caused him no pain or discomfort. If he was being honest with himself her lack of fear was intriguing.

'What are you up there for? Am I to be your horse now? Like some unintelligent herd animal that doesn't know any better than to let themselves be told what to do?' he sneered while making absolutely no move to dislodge her. The dragon sat still, mostly trying to see what rise he might get out of the human woman in whatever defense she chose.

GoblinFae

Eirann smirked at his questions. She could not help quipping back in return either. "Giddy up, Bessie!" She could say no more though as the young woman quickly dissolved into giggles at daring to say such a thing to a dragon. But, she would most certainly defend her doing so by readily pointing out he was the one that made the initial comparison so how could she be at fault for playing along?

"I think you know plenty better though," Eirann soothed once she could catch her breath again. Leaning forward so that her hands pressed against the scales of his forehead, she smoothed her palms across them and marvelled at the texture of them. "Dragons will do as they please no matter what you say to them. As for me I'm just along for the ride. Pardon the pun," she added with another giggle.

Still rubbing his scales in gentle circles, she could not help but smile despite her extremely full belly. "I thought with larger scales you'd feel different to the touch. Seems little dragons and big dragons share this in common though. You're so smooth when petted in the right direction!"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Juno

His eyes widened with a disbelieving snort at her gal to say such a thing to him, but he didn't find it truly offensive. He understood that she was being playful, though why he could not even begin to understand. Was she truly unafraid of him? Were her instincts so poor?

And yet...her words were wise for someone so young. It soothed his nerves to hear that she acknowledged his independence, though why it helped to have that kind of validation from a human he could not explain.

Perhaps she was good for something, though, she seemed to know just how to pet along his scales. The gentle pressure was calming and he gradually relaxed under her attentions. 'Maybe you do know something about dragons,' he mused. 'Do not think I will allow you to sleep atop my head for this, though. I will not be shrieked at when you eventually fall down.'