Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

On this stormy night [M]

Started by Medievarad, February 23, 2016, 03:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medievarad

Her gaze softened and her tail drooped slightly. "I'd welcome the company."

DragonSong

"Sooo..." She looked around the cavern. "You live here then? All by yourself?"

Morgana had been called many things in her life. Tactful was never one of them.

Medievarad

Amethyst shook her head. "A temporary refuge," she said with a nod. "I still search for those who were able to escape."

DragonSong

"Hmm." Morgana swam a little closer, tilting her head at the other female. "I suppose that explains why I've never seen you in my territory before," she mused.

"What are you, exactly? I've never met a merfolk like you before." Then again, she didn't really meet a wide variety of her own kind, much less whatever "breed" Amethyst was.

Medievarad

Amethyst tilted her head in return, her tail resting in the shallow water as she sat up, her hands folded at the start of the scales. "Elaborate. What am I?" She asked, only a soft undercurrent of curiousity in her voice.

DragonSong

"I mean..." Morgana gestured between the two of them. "You're like me, obviously, but not quite like me. So what are you?"

Medievarad

Amethyst smirked coyly. "Then tell me what you are first. Perhaps then I can formulate a proper answer."

DragonSong

What she was? Hm. That was a rather interesting question.

"I suppose most would call me a siren," Morgana responded after a moment of consideration.

Medievarad

Amethyst nodded, "then I'd be considered a ruler. A packleader. An empress." She nodded slowly.

DragonSong

"Uh-huh..." Her eyebrows drew together a bit. "And what makes you so special? Why are you a leader?"

Medievarad

"I was selected as the new successor, rather that the birthright daughter of the prior empress." Amethyst arched an eye row. "My tribe prospered under my reign."

DragonSong

"And what happened to them, exactly?" Morgana asked, closing her eyes and leaning back to float aimlessly across the water again.

Medievarad

"Some didn't agree on me not being the daughter of the previous empress. A rebellion arose. They were small, but managed to take hostages. So I was forced to step down." She sighed slowly. "I've been fleeing ever since."

DragonSong

"Huh." Morgana shook her head. "See, this is why our kind is meant to be solitary. Trying to have a monarchy just causes problems."

Medievarad

"I don't believe we should live solitary." She layed down on her belly, resting her chin on her folded arms, looking at Morgana. "I'm too caring to live without others of our kind."

DragonSong

Morgana laughed. "Then, cousin-" usually the term used when greeting another mermaid was "sister", but she figured cousin was more appropriate- "you have obviously not met many of my kind."

Medievarad

"I think that counts for the both of us," Amethyst slipped forward, sliding into the water and lazily swimming towards Morgana, resting her arms on the Morgana's stomach, resting her cheek on her arms and looking at her. "What about you. What is your backdtory?"

DragonSong

The mermaid hissed at the touch, recoiling reflexively and giving Amethyst a wary look. "Why do you want to know?"

Medievarad

Amethyst chuckled at the hiss and the recoil, yet, she didn't move an inch away from Morgana's stomach. "I told you mine. I am curious what made you.. you."

DragonSong

"Nothing made me," Morgana grumbled. "I am what I am, and I don't pretend otherwise. I'm a siren. I was born to a siren, and if I have daughters they will be sirens. Simple as that."